Aces High & Full Deck Questions

3 minutes ago, poisonblood said:

I assume if I started playing the game for the first time right now, it would be impossible to get aces high?

In Australian timezone

If you start right now and if they don't take the servers down before the next update cycle, you might get it. You need 300-400k at least.

As for other players who already got it: please log in, get 100 score and quit :| 

Just now, fbdbh said:

How do you know? August 12 could be 23:59

2359 est so 7am gmt. But it's unlikely the update will happen rather that they will just switch off bang on that time like kz2/3. The dev might play nice and everyone gets their trophy when it goes off but I doubt it.

It will be the start of the 12th not the end. Like every other game 

Effectively its 11th August at 2359 it will go for the yanks. 0800 gmt on 12th for those of us in a normal time zone 

8 minutes ago, BuBBeRX said:

You need this card for the full deck trophy, no?

No, that's something different. Cards for the Full Deck can be earned through the multiplayer and in singleplayer. 

Valour Ranking is based on how you scored when compared to others on the online leaderboard. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheRetroManiac said:

From 7am onwards I kept closing the game every few minutes up until 7.45am, and then I was frustrated as I read in a thread that 100% it was 7am GMT for UK, so I thought it was not going to update, so then I decided to wait till 8am and check one last time before going to sleep for a few hours and yeah 8am it updated my card to an ACE and the nightmare was over.

Don't give up guys you only have like 3 and a half hours then the servers will most likely update for the final time as come midnight on the 12th I'm pretty certain the servers will close, so you won't get that final day for an update.

OMG I wrote such a long message but stupid phone bugged out great 

I GOT IT, i was actually stressed I was grinding last night and accidentally fell asleep and as iavonov would say "holy shit" when I woke up, but as soon as I turned on my vita and launched mercenary I got the aces high trophy! 

What's a bit a dumb is I actually earnt less money then the day prior, however I was continously checking the leaderboard positions after every contract due to paranoia, and I was like 12th on the leaderboard before falling asleep, woke up, got the trophy and checked the leadboards and it turned into a 10th! Leaderboadd reset came into clutch! Letsss goooo

It's worth to note for my valour ranking I was a regular 10 before attempting the trophy, and my psvita dreadfully obtained a battery glitch where even though its full charge the vita will say low battery and die whenever a game is played,making anything unplayable, had to wait 2 days for the screwdriver to arrive to open it up, and my valour dropped from a 10 to a 6! 

So my valour went from 10-6-10-K-K-A

So 1st day got like 120k, 2nd day I got 350k, which still kept me at King zand 3rd day onlt5 got 295k from falling asleep but still got ace due to high ranking on the Leaderboard. 

Thank you eveyone for the tips tricks and motivation! I just played a variety from the 1st 4 missions, demo justice, precision codes, demo lightning (the 3rd mission) and precision diplomatic incident.

Hopefully eveyone else got it too! :)

P. S, I wanna insert the screenshot but I only see a link text option? I never really used psn profile forums much and I'm only mobile. 

4 hours ago, DecIannHayess said:

I finally got my Ace this morning after 3 days of constant grinding - Day 1 I earned around 100k and got Valour 10, Day 2 I got around 250k and got King and then yesterday I got around another 250k and got Ace this morning ?

If it helps, I was 128th “Top Players This Week” leaderboard when I got King, and then 47th when I got Ace - I think it likely related to getting into a top percent (perhaps top 1%, but hard to know without seeing how many people are paying this week) in order to get the Ace, so it might not even be possible for everyone to get it in 1 week but hopefully I’m wrong and it’s something else ?

Anyway, I will stop playing the game for the rest of this week so that my score doesn’t increase any further and make things even harder for those still going for it! Good luck everyone ❤️

Yeah it's weird, seems to have a variety of factors, I was still king when my rank on the leaderboard was 36th. Congratulations man the grind was worth it.

This was my childhood game in my old account, I aint gonna, aces high was so easy back then just do a whole veteran run and boom trophy from naturual gameplay. Not gonna touch this game in timeeee and actually come back and enjoy it after a few months. Still a bit criminal this game is shutting down before resistance damn 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Juandres99 said:

I've been grinding nonstop during the last 10hs. I had a J and today I managed to get +400k. Just went through the probably last server update... And I got another J... I don't even know what to think about it 1f643.png seems like everything I've played today was worthless. And I went from ~#250 to #74 on the leaderboards.

Gonna sleep now. I'll see tomorrow if it's worth giving it a last shot or just forget about getting this platinum forever...

Same exact thing happened to me just now.... Gonna be closing and opening the game periodically, but no point earning more since I got about as much as you did. I'll play through a level one more time just to see if that jogs it but this is giving me so much anxiety hahaha

I was able to get it with position 35 on the weekly leaderboards. It also seems that the trend is leaning towards playing 3 days in a row in order to unlock an Ace card. It seems rare that anyone was able to pop the trophy after just playing for less than 3 days at least over the past week or so. Not sure if this helps. I was at 709k. 

Hopefully they shutdown the servers at 7:01AM GMT so it can at least have a final update for the Vita servers. Pretty shitass of Guerilla to not even offer an update with a specific exact server closing time. 

Congrats everybody that got the trophy and commiserations to those that didn't get lucky enough truly sucks I hope there is one last reset, but It's unlikely however I wouldn't give up just yet as you will be kicking yourself if you say not going to bother then there is actually another reset.

Edited by TheRetroManiac
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Juandres99 said:

I've been grinding nonstop during the last 10hs. I had a J and today I managed to get +400k. Just went through the probably last server update... And I got another J... I don't even know what to think about it 1f643.png seems like everything I've played today was worthless. And I went from ~#250 to #74 on the leaderboards.

Gonna sleep now. I'll see tomorrow if it's worth giving it a last shot or just forget about getting this platinum forever...

Update: logged in and my card suddenly changed from a J to a Q without showing the Valor update screen.

I'll continue playing today even if the chances of getting a last update are minimal. This is the screenshot of the leaderboard right now for those who wanted to see it:

https://ibb.co/7W6fZ2d

1 hour ago, Juandres99 said:

Update: logged in and my card suddenly changed from a J to a Q without showing the Valor update screen.

I'll continue playing today even if the chances of getting a last update are minimal. This is the screenshot of the leaderboard right now for those who wanted to see it:

https://ibb.co/7W6fZ2d

Oh hey I’m still on there lol, I sacrificed 24 hours of my life Sunday-Monday with no sleep (0-1000000) to get #1 to guarantee I got the damn trophy. I did not want to have this to deal with during the work week. This was after finishing Killzone shadow fall and not realizing  aces high was also an online trophy! I had 3 easy trophies to do online in Mercenary, didn’t notice aces high.

Edited by HellfireFury
  • Like 1

People calling the devs shitasses and stuff for possibly flipping the switch early when all you have to blame is yourselves in the end.

You had so many years of time to get this trophy without breaking a sweat, but only decided to finally act at the very last moment when it’s almost too late, then going ballistic and grinding insane amounts of money which is absolutely not necessary, making it even more difficult for others.

But it’s easier to just shift the blame. No one wants to be held responsible for their own laziness I guess.

Edited by Prototype1690
  • Like 4

51 minutes ago, Prototype1690 said:

People calling the devs shitasses and stuff for possibly flipping the switch early when all you have to blame is yourselves in the end.

You had so many years of time to get this trophy without breaking a sweat, but only decided to finally act at the very last moment when it’s almost too late, then going ballistic and grinding insane amounts of money which is absolutely not necessary, making it even more difficult for others.

But it’s easier to just shift the blame. No one wants to be held responsible for their own laziness I guess.

I didn't say anything about the devs but come on! How can they announce a server closure in a spantime of less than a month? Their own terms and conditions said they would announce the closure 90 days in advance.

Anyways, many people like me got all the MP trophies years ago, but we didn't know that Aces High required an online connection to the servers or we didn't even know about the requirements for this trophy. I just knew about it 3 days ago after reading a Facebook post, I was pretty confident I had all the MP done but yeah it was my fault I guess for not reading the entire trophy guide. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Juandres99 said:

How can they announce a server closure in a spantime of less than a month? Their own terms and conditions said they would announce the closure 90 days in advance.

Their terms said they would try give 90 days notice. And people have shown them for at least the last year that they weren’t interested in their multiplayer portion of their games by an absolute lack of activity on them.

It doesn’t matter if it was 90 days notice and you still only learned on the last 3 days, people do still complain about how much notice they got. 

Every developer should put a clause in the multiplayer terms and conditions that if server usage drops below a certain threshold over a period of time, it triggers a 30 day shutdown process. 

People who worry about multiplayer trophies would probably match their effort with the level of concern they post about if they saw a more tangible deadline for every multiplayer trophy they claim to be concerned with. 

The 90 days thing is not a guarantee and just like any show you go to etc card subject to change there will be something in there because nobody every reads the long Terms and conditions they skip right by it and just accept it, alot can't be said about devs doing this from a legal standpoint it's been up 9 years. However, I do think that it would be a nice gesture from all DEVS that they announce shutdowns when there is 2 or 3 months remaining just so people can either A play the MP for fun and remember the good old days and say goodbye to franchise and B trophies hunters get one last chance at getting what they need done, but we all know this will never be a thing nor should we expect it.

I didn´t get it, despite the effort made in the last day... I did more than 350 K (with 410 k in the weekly rank). I will try to do 100-150k more during the day without any hope....

Something strange. Yesterday, during the whole day, I could see a 9 in the top of my screen. At 00.00 i received the card, and it was a 9!. At the same time a new card whick appeared in my screen (on the right top) it was a K. But I don´t received any message giving me the K card....

It´s like it was a delay about receiving the card. Its like the card you see during the day on the top of your screen is the One they give you later, at the end of the day (with a photo message). Is it possible?

If I am right... even If I can achieve the ace during the day.... At 00.00 the card they gonna give me is the K, and then I will see reflected on the top of the screen the Ace. I am not sured if this would happened, the will give me the trophy. Obviously taking in to account that it´s possible there is not going to be a new update....

Edited by DE_LOS_BOSQUES

36 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Every developer should put a clause in the multiplayer terms and conditions that if server usage drops below a certain threshold over a period of time, it triggers a 30 day shutdown process. 

People who worry about multiplayer trophies would probably match their effort with the level of concern they post about if they saw a more tangible deadline for every multiplayer trophy they claim to be concerned with. 

Most games don't show you how many other people are playing when you queue, so something like this would still screw players/consumers over if they wanted to take a break from the game and come back to it later. If players who had played the game or set it to some kind of wishlist, and/or who followed the developer or publisher on social media, were en masse sent some kind of warning message once that threshold of low players was crossed, I could see this kind of thing working. Players could then return to bolster numbers for a time until they were bored again.

The preservation of games would be no less problematic even with this system in place, though. I know that's not what you're responding to, but consumers will still complain long after any kind of product depreciates in value, regardless of when or how or why. We bought a product, and now it's less than what it was when we bought it.

I'm all for an industry-wide rework of how online games are structured, so it's not a bad proposition to set measurable thresholds for this kind of thing, I personally feel that games should be available to me long into the future is all. I know it's not feasible with the way things are, not suggesting that it's a realistic demand. But a lot of people will see it as one and it's something that I, at least, would be willing to pay more to see pursued.

Edited by Moostache7
Typo

40 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

This decision to close servers has nothing to do with how active players were in online modes recently, Mercenary online was dead long ago, Shadow Fall was still quite active and RIGS mp was dead on arrival. It's just Sony/Guerilla decision to optimize costs and as always they are customer unfriendly: 3 weeks notice for 3 games is not how it should be done, obviously their management fucked up.

It's funny to see how Sony is the most unreliable publisher on its own platform when it comes to online, I can understand server shutdown of Killzone: Mercenary and RIGS but can't understand why they close Shadow Fall which is playable on PS5 and is a part of PS Plus Premium

Edited by KingSkovald
  • Like 2