Fall 2022 Backlog Challenge

On 3-10-2022 at 11:41 AM, Arophous said:

1 game down, 4 to go!  Elden Ring is mine mhwahahahahahahaha - i think i went mad with frenzied flame try to get the Melania trophy.  Topped off the game around 89 hours and used the backup to get the 3 endings, considering a challenge run of some kind in the future, maybe after any DLC comes out.  My take on the game is that it's still tough as hell, maybe because i played mostly on 1.06 patch, there is also plenty of bosses / secrets I never got around to for the future.  Overall this now features in my top 5 games of all time, can't wait to replay on PS5 1f601.png.

Going to take a day to decompress and then think about which title I go after next, leaning heavily on Resi 2 Remake to continue Leon playthrough.

- Elden Ring - 15% -> 27% -> 50% -> :platinum:
- The Evil Within - 16%
- Borderlands 2 - 1% -> 2%
- Darksiders 2 - 5%

- Resident Evil 2 - 0% -> 13%

the resident 2 remake is different because i got 10 bullets from my gun but i have taken the al in game rwards dlc for resident 2 remake what are you going to play this few months ?

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, KimBongUn420 said:

Update 2: Still plugging away at FF12: The Zodiac Age.  I wish I were in a better mindset to take this game on, because it really is phenomenal.  It also fixed nearly everything wrong with the original release: LP system is fixed, you can swap jobs, voice acting is SO MUCH better, trial mode and game mode saves are now linked... the list goes on. 

The gambit system in particular is excellent, if you take the time to set things up correctly.  All of the combat in FF is pretty much automated anyways, so having finer control over said automation is awesome.  I never understood the hate for the gambit system, especially since later RPGs pulled from it (looking at you, Dragon Age Origins).  I just am not having the greatest time with it for some reason, and I'm not sure why.  It's weird playing a game that I know is excellent, but for some reason I can't get fully into.

This game desperately needs a 60fps patch, and I'm annoyed it doesn't have one especially since the PC version does play at 60fps.  The animations are really hard on the eyes at normal speed, but especially so when playing at 2x or 4x speed.

I'm maybe 2/3 of the way through the game now?  Just finished fighting Dr. Cid for the first time.  I'll probably finish the story and then power through the endgame hunts with 3 Seitengrats and call it a day.  Sacrilege, I know.  

Regardless, the remaster didn't fix the most important thing, which was removing Vaan and Penelo from the game entirely, so 2/10 it sucks /s

Onward!

1. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age - 2% -> 24%
  2. Cat Quest 
  3. Cat Quest II 
  4. Atelier Sophie DX
  5. Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning
  6. Burly Men at Sea
  7. Stray [PS5]

Games Completed: 0/7

Trophies: 17/248 (6.9% (nice))

Swaps: 0/3

Other games I'll be working on, not a part of the challenge:

• Assassin's Creed Valhalla [PS5] - 88%
  • Gran Turismo 7 - 73%

I get where you're coming from with these comments. When I bought the original PS2 version I really didn't like it. I think my dislike of the gambit system started there, coming from such a heavily turn-based combat system to this was just too jarring for me, and I barely made it past the tomato monster hunt back then. 

I bought the remaster on PS4 to give it another try, again I found it so difficult to get into. I'd pick up and put down constantly. While I got on better with the gambits this time, I still had real issues with the pacing. The story didn't grab me, and levelling up just took forever. Eventually I did grind the RNG for the invisible weapons (3 Seitengrat bows and 3 Great Trangos), and it was from that point onwards that I really started to enjoy the game. Even with those weapons I found a lot of the monster hunt marks challenging, and the later stages of trial mode will give you a run for your money.

It is a good game, but it just took such a long time for it to click with me.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Taruta13 said:

LOLZ Yeah, I sort of feel you, ma'am. (I guess you were female because you mentioned a neglectful husband, not a neglectful wife. Of course, I might be wrong. ;))

I have already downloaded LEGO Batman 3 and need to start it, but I am trying to think about whether I want to swap out LEGO Batman 2 since it's stream-only and I don't like streaming PS games. (I had only streamed Ni No Kuni once in my life and kept worrying that something was gonna happen to my save when I didn't renew the service. :() I need to get two more games to hit Platinum #55 before the 27th as I'll be focusing on Persona 5 Royal then when it comes out for PS5. My PS5 is sadly being neglected as there aren't many games I want to play on it. (I have downloaded the free PS+ game Toem... but that DLC... 1f612.png)

I don't have a PS5, but wasn't the DLC for Toem free?

• Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2022 at 1:29 PM, MidnightDragon said:

Off topic, love your PSN tag. On topic, adding you now. 

Thanks. Much Appreciated With The Love. And Thanks For Adding. IDK How To Do All The Fancy Stuff Everyone Is Doing On Here Just Yet. But Update Man Of Medan 2 More Trophies Both Multiplayer To Complete Then That's One Down 9 More To Go.

• Like 3

On 3-10-2022 at 11:41 AM, Arophous said:

1 game down, 4 to go!  Elden Ring is mine mhwahahahahahahaha - i think i went mad with frenzied flame try to get the Melania trophy.  Topped off the game around 89 hours and used the backup to get the 3 endings, considering a challenge run of some kind in the future, maybe after any DLC comes out.  My take on the game is that it's still tough as hell, maybe because i played mostly on 1.06 patch, there is also plenty of bosses / secrets I never got around to for the future.  Overall this now features in my top 5 games of all time, can't wait to replay on PS5 1f601.png.

Going to take a day to decompress and then think about which title I go after next, leaning heavily on Resi 2 Remake to continue Leon playthrough.

- Elden Ring - 15% -> 27% -> 50% -> :platinum:
- The Evil Within - 16%
- Borderlands 2 - 1% -> 2%
- Darksiders 2 - 5%

- Resident Evil 2 - 0% -> 13%

Do you play online alot because i want to start with online trophies from fall guys ultimate knockout i dont know about destiny 2 if it have online trophies but i have been stopped with fifa games its just online part way to difficult for me but i got games like predator hunting grounds dead island souls games requiressome of them online so i like to know if online is different then ofline games i have not been playing online like 5 years ago with call of duty black ops3 i want to play online back i am not so good in online games 

• Like 2

On 10/2/2022 at 6:05 AM, El_Tigre_Eterno said:

Im New To This Site And This Concept But Ima Give It A Try. Ima Sign Up Guess Just List The Games And Percentage To Get Done By Nov 30th For Backlog  @MidnightDragon

Her Goes Nothing

1. Naruto Storm Revolution 40%

2. Man Of Medan 8%

3. San Andreas "PS3" 3%

4. Spiderman Miles Morales 10%

5. Until Dawn 0%

6. Walking Dead "JP PS3" 0%

7. Chicken Police 0%

8. Naruto Storm 3 Full Burst 0%

9. Fallout New Vegas 0%

10. Skyrim "PS3" 0%

Since I Joined Halfway Thru If I Get Put On The List My Goal Is To Knock Out Atleast 5 or 6 Of These Due to Time Constraints. 

Man of Medan Has Glitched Trophy. Does Anyone Have Solution To Fix. I researched but all was unclear and is digital ps4 version. If not i may need to make a substitution.

1 hour ago, sa7355735502 said:

Update 2.0

As I've had a two week break, I've very little to report on my games.   Only movement from prior to my break is Afrika (PS3) up to 7% from 5%

I platted that. Some of it was a pain, but nothing too crazy bad. One time I had a mission involving a turtle and I had to do 10-15 missions outside that to make the damn thing show up.

I platted Arcade Game Series: Pac-Man, but decided not to add it to the list. 

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 4