Is this game fun?

snoopdoggtg

I haven't really cared about this game because of the glitched trophy, but since now it is fixed and the game is really cheap, I am starting to consider this game. I don't really expect a masterpiece, a new Messiah in the gaming industry, but I do like the Marvel's characters and universe and I really had fun experiencing them in both Lego Marvel Super Heroes. So is it worth paying 15 bucks for it? Had you fun with this game?

The main campaign is a 6/10. It has a few good moments. Could have been a 8/10 easily if they focused on doing it right, instead of cramming an introduction to the online game-as-a-service gameplay.

The platinum is grindy and tedious. Not fun at all. The game largely overstays its welcome.

Might be a little bit better for people who play it with friends. Meh... maybe?

? Consider playing Spider-Man 2018 and Guardians of the Galaxy 2021 instead, since both are missing from your list.

Yeah, definitely prioritize those.

• Like 1

I think it's great. I thought the single player was really fun and I liked the concept of the campaign bringing all of the heroes together, with the multiplayer going on missions as the Avengers after they've reformed. I'm almost done with the plat and still enjoying it. If you have PS+ extra, it's on there for free, and I think it's worth a try at least.

• Like 4

I went straight to Platinum when it first came out. I really enjoyed it. I didn't experience any glitches or anything like that and I was playing on a vanilla PS4 at the time. When everyone was moaning about it, to me it almost felt like we weren't playing the same game because I loved it. I am about to start the ps5 version on this new account soon and I can't wait to try out the new characters.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, snoopdoggtg said:

I haven't really cared about this game because of the glitched trophy, but since now it is fixed and the game is really cheap, I am starting to consider this game. I don't really expect a masterpiece, a new Messiah in the gaming industry, but I do like the Marvel's characters and universe and I really had fun experiencing them in both Lego Marvel Super Heroes. So is it worth paying 15 bucks for it? Had you fun with this game?

I don't know if you have PS Plus Extra or not but if you do, you can play Marvel's Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, Marvel's Spider-Man and Miles Morales.

All those games are included with PS Plus Extra.

• Like 1

I started it from scratch on PS4. All trophies are working and I'll make an updated thread for the road map  as of July/ August 2022.

It is fun, with the distinct styles of the different characters.The online service structure makes the menus difficult to navigate, at first.

When you do find the main Campaign, it's a fine experience, with the end game being a grind fest, as far as trophies go.

The Spiderman, Hawkeye, Jane Foster, Black Panther and Kate Bishop content is not required for platinum.

Edited by ARIXANDRE
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...