Gothic Remake (2024)

ziggypossum

uw86580.jpeg

Before we can trust you, you'll first need to pass the TEST OF FAITH. Can you handle that?

Prepare yourself for a visit in the Old Mine, a dangerous place full of vicious creatures. Descend to the bottom and find Ian - he's your man. Tell him that Diego sent you. If you come back alive with the supplies list, we can talk about you joining us.

That's all you need to know... for now. Oh, and before you leave, ask Graham for a map. What are you waiting for? Get going!

Gothic 1 Remake is coming to PC, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S.

IvYmdKh.png

Khorinis is in Barcelona: A visit to the makers of the "Gothic" remake
There was not only praise for the playable teaser, but the reimplementation of the action RPG oldies seems to be on the right track at Alkimia Interactive

by George Pichler, March 18, 2023

https://www.derstandard.de/consent/tcf/story/2000144535547/khorinis-liegt-in-barcelona-ein-besuch-bei-den-machern-des

Edited by ziggypossum
key art
  • Like 4

From this video, I am actually start to see where they again going to fail miserably, as series do for decades. So instead of using assets from 1 and 2, merging it and making first game part of the remake, they going to expand tiny world of Gorthic deeper underground. I did played this game back when it was made to public, and may be for this time it was amazing and rich, by today standarts world of Gothic 1 is like a 2-3 Dark Souls location, and expanding it makes no sense. Plus yet to see a combat, this is where Gothic dies in all reviews. I can't name any good combat system from Gothic series at all, if they will not going to change that, no one will really get ever interested, again. 

• 11 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...