Only ranked match trophy will be unobtainable?

Nav_Nav69

4 hours ago, POEman553 said:

That's commendable to Bandai Namco for doing that for a game that saw a server shutdown to change trophy requirements. Wish more publishers/developers would do that.

I 1000% agree..It's not that hard to do and everyone wins.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Floorkiller74 said:

TBH his post was not unreasonable or intentionally misleading. The game was supposed to shut down, and nobody knew exactly what that would look like. 

IMG-20220825-160044-138.jpg

If you booted up the game, there was a very clear message that they were doing maintenance. I'm not sure why you think otherwise. Jump Force was never scheduled to shut down. The in game text clearly stated prior to shutdown the game would not be shutting down, but only losing some specific functionality. They did exactly what they said they would.

1 hour ago, mrzizich said:

If you booted up the game, there was a very clear message that they were doing maintenance. I'm not sure why you think otherwise. Jump Force was never scheduled to shut down. The in game text clearly stated prior to shutdown the game would not be shutting down, but only losing some specific functionality. They did exactly what they said they would.

I didn't say I thought otherwise, but that sure was a nice try! I was just saying it's a reasonable mistake for the guy to make.  Bandai Namco did announce a server shutdown. A game with a P2P connection CAN have a server shutdown, which affects things like ranked. There are several games that have partial unobtainables because of that. Luckily they patched this game, but it certainly would have affected a couple trophies had they not. 

Bandai Namco US on Twitter: "Online servers will go down on 8/24/2022 but all single-player functions will be playable locally. For more info: https://t.co/5PzYZtlYkK Thank you all once again for your support. We look forward to seeing you enjoy our other games." / Twitter

• Like 1

It's a shame that the devs never clearly state what features will or won't go away when they announce a shut down. At least in this case nothing has really changed as far as us hunters are concerned.

Anyone that rushed to get this game done at least doesn't have to worry about playing it in the future and those that never got around to it or didn't have a copy of the game at the time can now still do it later.

• Like 2

On 8/25/2022 at 6:10 AM, POEman553 said:

That's commendable to Bandai Namco for doing that for a game that saw a server shutdown to change trophy requirements. Wish more publishers/developers would do that.

Yep, wish more devs, like Treyarch *ahem* Black Ops 2 *ahem*, would do this. Really not too hard to change descriptions, since those Tom Clancy games do it a lot.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2022 at 6:10 AM, POEman553 said:

I 110% agree unfortunately most publishers/developers can't be bothered to do that. 

6 minutes ago, Notorious_Chingy said:

I'm confused, does that leave "Master of Titles" and "Our Bonds" the only unachievable ones?

Nope, all the online trophies are still 100% obtainable, because the devs changed the requirements for 2 of them so they can be obtained in the Unranked modes that are still up and running :).

• Like 2

On 8/25/2022 at 6:03 PM, Floorkiller74 said:

I didn't say I thought otherwise, but that sure was a nice try! I was just saying it's a reasonable mistake for the guy to make.  Bandai Namco did announce a server shutdown. A game with a P2P connection CAN have a server shutdown, which affects things like ranked. There are several games that have partial unobtainables because of that. Luckily they patched this game, but it certainly would have affected a couple trophies had they not. 

Bandai Namco US on Twitter: "Online servers will go down on 8/24/2022 but all single-player functions will be playable locally. For more info: https://t.co/5PzYZtlYkK Thank you all once again for your support. We look forward to seeing you enjoy our other games." / Twitter

This twitter message directly contradicts the message that was in game for the months prior to shut down.  I hadn't seen that before, so I admit that might be confusing for you. But after the game servers went down for maintenance, it directly started that they were in maintenance, as the screenshot shows. So I'm not sure how you can defend the POV that they definitely weren't.

Bottom line is all I did was report that the servers were under maintenance, which they were. Any individuals saying that they weren't under maintenance and were instead shut down forever were spreading misinformation, likely out of ignorance and not malice. I'm not even sure why you're so eager to fight about this.

1 hour ago, mrzizich said:

This twitter message directly contradicts the message that was in game for the months prior to shut down.  I hadn't seen that before, so I admit that might be confusing for you. But after the game servers went down for maintenance, it directly started that they were in maintenance, as the screenshot shows. So I'm not sure how you can defend the POV that they definitely weren't.

Bottom line is all I did was report that the servers were under maintenance, which they were. Any individuals saying that they weren't under maintenance and were instead shut down forever were spreading misinformation, likely out of ignorance and not malice. I'm not even sure why you're so eager to fight about this.

I'm not, I let it go last week.. You are the one coming back days later to continue yammering on and dragging this out. I'm done, Move on. 

• Like 1