No platinum

nickr_

This game supposed to give TheHunter Call of the Wild competition. If that’s true then you should do something compared to compete also with their trophy list. Sad part this game has 13 trophies on it’s base game, when CoW has an average of 10-12 trophies on just their DLC maps. We want even talk about the 49 trophies on their base game. You can say it’s ok not to have a platinum and that’s fine but 13 trophies over all is kinda lazy. Especially when you could’ve easily did grinding trophies. It’s just kinda disappointing in my opinion. 

On 13/08/2022 at 7:28 PM, Infected Elite said:

Play games to enjoy them ffs. Not play them because theyll boost your digital ego with an another plat.

That might apply to some people, but I don't think it applies to anyone here. A platinum encourages you to do things in the game that you wouldn't usually do. Saying people go for them just to boost their ego is wrong

• Like 1

On 8/14/2022 at 4:20 PM, Il_WidowmakeR_Il said:

This game supposed to give TheHunter Call of the Wild competition. If that’s true then you should do something compared to compete also with their trophy list. Sad part this game has 13 trophies on it’s base game, when CoW has an average of 10-12 trophies on just their DLC maps. We want even talk about the 49 trophies on their base game. You can say it’s ok not to have a platinum and that’s fine but 13 trophies over all is kinda lazy. Especially when you could’ve easily did grinding trophies. It’s just kinda disappointing in my opinion. 

exactly if i'm a trophy hunter i'm playing Hunter call of the wild because that game is probably the best hunting SIM of all time already.  Unfortunately right now the trophies are all broken since the last update.   People like to rag why you wouldn't play a game because it has no trophies and the answer is because there  is another game just like it with really difficult and fun trophies I'd rather play if I'm gonna dump 100's of hours into hunting Sim.

31 minutes ago, Web_Extension said:

That might apply to some people, but I don't think it applies to anyone here. A platinum encourages you to do things in the game that you wouldn't usually do. Saying people go for them just to boost their ego is wrong

Trophies encourage people to do things they may not otherwise try. Platinum is just a result of doing all the tasks the devs wanted you to do. Doesnt matter if a game has a plat or not, but normally moat people will buy games with plats to once again, boost their ego.

Oooo i have 900 plats of crap $3 games. yeaaaaah boosting ego

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

Trophies encourage people to do things they may not otherwise try. Platinum is just a result of doing all the tasks the devs wanted you to do. Doesnt matter if a game has a plat or not, but normally moat people will buy games with plats to once again, boost their ego.

I would say you're being harsh about it, but people are so harsh on devs over a Platinum... so this feels justified. I agree with you. Plats are nice, so are 100%s, they're equals and I'll never understand why people don't get that. Our profiles say "Completed Games", not "Platted Games".

Platinum circlejerk is tiresome.

Edited by Skurkitty
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skurkitty said:

I would say you're being harsh about it, but people are so harsh on devs over a Platinum... so this feels justified. I agree with you. Plats are nice, so are 100%s, they're equals and I'll never understand why people don't get that. Our profiles say "Completed Games", not "Platted Games".

Platinum circlejerk is tiresome.

you basically went into more detail of the point i was aiming to make haha. Thank you ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Infected Elite said:

I can see where you're coming from, but it's still just a few people who use it to boost their ego. Even if it's not for right reasons, you're wrong about that one. I don't go around boasting my platinums because i have easy platinums, and hard platinums, so it has a value to me which is completely seperate from my ego.

I completely disagree with the people here who don't play certain games and complain about devs because they don't add platinums, I'm just disagreeing with your arguement that platinums only exist to boost peoples egos.

The main problem I have with this game is the small amount of trophies. This doesn't apply to most types of games, but I think for a game like this there should be objectives you need to go out of the way to do. Hunting gets very repetitive and it'd be more enjoyable if you were made to do stuff differently. I'd have no problem if they were in the game, but they're not. You could count the perks, but I don't think that's the sort of thing you get with trophies or other forms of objectives.

23 minutes ago, Web_Extension said:

I can see where you're coming from, but it's still just a few people who use it to boost their ego. Even if it's not for right reasons, you're wrong about that one. I don't go around boasting my platinums because i have easy platinums, and hard platinums, so it has a value to me which is completely seperate from my ego.

I completely disagree with the people here who don't play certain games and complain about devs because they don't add platinums, I'm just disagreeing with your arguement that platinums only exist to boost peoples egos.

The main problem I have with this game is the small amount of trophies. This doesn't apply to most types of games, but I think for a game like this there should be objectives you need to go out of the way to do. Hunting gets very repetitive and it'd be more enjoyable if you were made to do stuff differently. I'd have no problem if they were in the game, but they're not. You could count the perks, but I don't think that's the sort of thing you get with trophies or other forms of objectives.

okay let me reiterate, platinums arent important. Its the games themselves. If it has a platinum, cool. But end of the day i want good games. I dont give a fuck if its 50% complete, 70%, or i plat it or not or if it even has a plat. Ill play a game until i feel i have played enough and gotten my enjoyment.

lets not brigade the damn thread with the PSNP trophy discussion.

I am about 9 hours into the game, some things I like, some things I dislike. Learning more as I play but so far its a solid attempt to get into this space but it has a long way to go to really be a rival of theHunter

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I for one only play games with Platinum trophies and before anyone says that I'm missing out on great games with 100% list, I don't doubt it, but I also know that have a ton of games on my backlog with Platinum trophies. So if I'm going to play a game and one has a plat and the other not, my choice is pretty clear. 

For example if I feel like playing a hunting game, Way of the Hunter doesn't have a plat, but I have on my backlog Hunting Simulator 2 and a few others with plats, of course I will go with the plats.