Trophy thoughts?

HoorayForTyler

Since I platinum'd original version just a few days ago I can give some insight and it doesn't look hard at all, except maybe the S.K.A.T.E. parts and optional objectives, those are new to remake. Other than that, it looks doable, not overly annoying or complicated and nothing seem missable to me. Pretty good trophy list I say.

Just be careful, this game is halfbaked. Lots of progression bugs that stop you from getting all optional objectives in missions without restarting them a few times. The game crashes often and has screen tearing issues as well. This is even with the 1.01 patch.

Early review copies went out last week. Most are saying it's not as polished as the last game was.

9 hours ago, da-Noob123 said:

Looks like a good list although those skate from A to B trophies might be annoying. I intend to play the the first remake come October so I'm sure I'll be getting the sequel at some point.

8 hours ago, czDante92 said:

Since I platinum'd original version just a few days ago I can give some insight and it doesn't look hard at all, except maybe the S.K.A.T.E. parts and optional objectives, those are new to remake. Other than that, it looks doable, not overly annoying or complicated and nothing seem missable to me. Pretty good trophy list I say.

SKATE trophies are incredibly easy and only take like a minute, if that, each. 

2 hours ago, Spraragen88 said:

Just be careful, this game is halfbaked. Lots of progression bugs that stop you from getting all optional objectives in missions without restarting them a few times. The game crashes often and has screen tearing issues as well. This is even with the 1.01 patch.

Early review copies went out last week. Most are saying it's not as polished as the last game was.

I didn't experience optional objective bugs but it didn't crash like five or six times on me. Also important note: Do not use the PS5's card system to load saves. It won't save your progress. I found that out the hard way twice. 

I will also note that the in-game collectible tracker isn't reliable. Sometimes it beeps and sometimes it doesn't. It's random and unhelpful. 

If anyone has questions, I'll try to answer them. 

And shameless plug, but I also wrote a review of it if anyone wants to know my thoughts on the game in general.

• Like 2

From memory (of the original). It shouldn't be too tough. With the quality of life improvements such as better controls it shouldn't put up much of a challenge. I do remember the final boss being a pain though so its worth bearing that in mind. The Push Square review mentioned it, but to be fair that review was overly harsh as it gave it a 4/10.

The gene blender trophy might be annoying as it can be a grind. I believe it requires abducting x quantity of x human type. Some of those human types don't spawn that often and only in certain areas.

Either way it looks fun and I'm eager to play tonight.