Trophy thoughts

SakisasVM

If you import the save you had from the demo, do you need to do the trophies again or will you automatically get trophies for things you've already done in the demo (like finish Chapter 1, purchase a weapon, purchase an accesory, acquire an ability, acquire a skill etc)?

10 hours ago, Geninjo said:

some disappear after you finish the chapter

Which ones disappear after finishing the chapter? I assume it’s the Character Quests and maybe some less relevant Side Quests? I can’t imagine the game making any Blue Fox Badge quest disappear for example, so I guess some do stay forever ?

I’m writing the Trophy Guide but I haven’t limit tested that far, so any information is welcome.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DezuKiwami said:

How does one get the 'Proven Skill' tro[hy? The description says 'acquire an ability' which I'm certain I have, I have unlocked far rarer trophies and don't see how I missed this.

In the camp press triangle. Then Equipment, select a character. Of the 4 options on the character. The bottom one is for consuming character SP. Unlock one and that will pop it.

I unlocked Andrias Evasion boost (bottom left).

Edited by Henshin
  • Like 1

For the Collector Trophy, do you need to -have- 15 different weapons purchased of the same type. Or researched? -
hopefully its one or the other? I've spread everything out. lol (one "Category" of armaments has maybe 10 things researched)

*Edit*
to answer my own question:

it is having 15 of one type in inventory, Dagger, sword & shield, etc. had 5 weapons unlocked in the S&S dev. line, with LV5 Shop. You'll have exactly 15 items to purchase for trophy.  Costing 176,195k to buy one of each.

also, anyone wondering an "easy" way to grind near the end of the game, CH6, one of the character quests takes < 3 min with X2 on.

A Proper Mercenary gives 22k Exp, Rated Lv 38. I'm at lv 41 takes 10 min to level on this. (1 run is about 1/3rd of needed exp) 

Edited by Blackmist_FFXI

9 hours ago, Blackmist_FFXI said:

For the Collector Trophy, do you need to -have- 15 different weapons purchased of the same type. Or researched? -
hopefully its one or the other? I've spread everything out. lol (one "Category" of armaments has maybe 10 things researched)

*Edit*
to answer my own question:

it is having 15 of one type in inventory, Dagger, sword & shield, etc. had 5 weapons unlocked in the S&S dev. line, with LV5 Shop. You'll have exactly 15 items to purchase for trophy.  Costing 176,195k to buy one of each.

also, anyone wondering an "easy" way to grind near the end of the game, CH6, one of the character quests takes < 3 min with X2 on.

A Proper Mercenary gives 22k Exp, Rated Lv 38. I'm at lv 41 takes 10 min to level on this. (1 run is about 1/3rd of needed exp) 

Thanks for your nice explanation and the grind option you pointed out. Appreciated. ?

9 hours ago, Flazy said:

Thanks for your nice explanation and the grind option you pointed out. Appreciated. 1f495.png

No probs I spent maybe an hour running this, getting 2 units to lv. 45 before continuing

If you have the weapons with beast killer passive on them ( last one in each line of research seems to have it) you'll decimate this battle.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, TheStark700 said:

Got my copy today. Is there any new trophies for the recent update?

There's new story content, gameplay mechanics, maps, equipment, etc

I couldn’t find anything about new trophies.