Platinum Walkthrough in 02:14:32 - Text & Video

Optinooby

3 minutes ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

Thanks this will be very helpful but I heard about a collectibles counter glitch. This means that those collectibles randomly don't count anymore. Do you know what causing this glitch? 

First I heard about that, I platinumed it 4 times carefully observing everything and had zero problems except for a few crashes. They did fix some trophies in the last update, maybe it was fixed. A few things have been moved around via updates, but this guide is all up to date!

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Optinooby said:

First I heard about that, I platinumed it 4 times carefully observing everything and had zero problems except for a few crashes. They did fix some trophies in the last update, maybe it was fixed. A few things have been moved around via updates, but this guide is all up to date!

That sounds great and again thanks for your time and effort. I heard good things about this game and the perfect length to get it done before MWII comes out. ?

Edit: Ok fail. This is PS5 only 

Edited by ShadyWARcotix
  • Like 1

On 10/18/2022 at 1:17 AM, Optinooby said:

This is my full video and text walkthrough for The Medium, either can be used by themselves. Following these will get you all the trophies between 2 and 3 hours and should keep the difficulty to a minimum.

Yoo thanks for this wonderful guide man followed the video perfectly and got the platinum much appreciated. 

• Like 1

Thanks for such an epic effort. Wow. I've already started the game and I'm playing all by my own this time around just for the sake of enjoying the journey.

For sure I'll miss some things and then later I'll use your video guide to help to do a perfect walkthrough regarding collectibles. 

• Like 1

Amazing guide, yet I'm having several echoes glitches. All of Henry's echos are not popping nor counting on the ps5 system, also the calling out to me trophy for funding them all. I Uninstalled the game, cleared all saves from system and cloud, everything, nothing worked. Guess I'll wait a new patch

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Great guide @Optinooby! Only used your text guide but missed 1 echo (or died and missed to recollect an echo) and had to play the game from the start again. The only thing which I didn't liked was that you didn't highlighted the collectibles. Like "Echo 4/28" in a different color. It would make your text guide more readable but it's just a little nitpicking from my side so don't think I want to be rude or something like that. Other than that, thank you for your time  it was very helpful and cheers, have a good one!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

Great guide @Optinooby! Only used your text guide but missed 1 echo (or died and missed to recollect an echo) and had to play the game from the start again. The only thing which I didn't liked was that you didn't highlighted the collectibles. Like "Echo 4/28" in a different color. It would make your text guide more readable but it's just a little nitpicking from my side so don't think I want to be rude or something like that. Other than that, thank you for your time  it was very helpful and cheers, have a good one!

I understand mate and agree, these types of thread walkthroughs from me though are more just a case of me tidying up my notes so they dont go to waste and pass them on to you guys. 

Ideally i'd rather put them into a Gameplay Guide if im going to take the time to present it nicely.

I am thinking of taking a bit more time on these types of walkthroughs though in order to just release them into brief Gameplay Guides. Will see

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Optinooby said:

I understand mate and agree, these types of thread walkthroughs from me though are more just a case of me tidying up my notes so they dont go to waste and pass them on to you guys. 

Ideally i'd rather put them into a Gameplay Guide if im going to take the time to present it nicely.

I am thinking of taking a bit more time on these types of walkthroughs though in order to just release them into brief Gameplay Guides. Will see

Thanks for not seeing it as an attack. Btw. I watched the first 10 minutes of your viedo guide and it was so funny and well explained but sadly I don't wanted to spoil anything about that game.

"We pick up the cat food and no, it's not for us" hahahaha great humor.

Of course. Making guides takes a lot of time. I appreciate your work and time. Your guides are very well optimized to achieve a platinum in the shortest time. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, RapidAmateur said:

i got problems with story related trophies not unlocking. does somebody else have this problem

Not myself, but think it has happened to some, you may have to try reinstalling or delete your save altogether and restart.

Are you playing online??

I cant recall if this uses activity cards or not, but if it does, sometimes trophies dont work if you never go online with the game.

Returnal does this, if you never go online at least once while the game is running, no trophies pop iirc

Just now, RapidAmateur said:

then i gonna set my internet off i will see what will happen 

thank you for the advice

If you've been connected at least once, shouldnt be that.

I just think games that have trophies tied to activity card, like Returnal. If you never go online while in the game, the cards never get loaded or synched up and so no trophies pop. Once those cards have been synched once though, ur good to go even if you disconnect in the future

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Jermster_91 said:

How many Echos are there in the game?

The guide list 28 but other places show or say that there are 32 echos. Followed the guide and after getting the Syringe, no trophy popped. 

Jermster_91, I haven't played Medium, but the PSNP guide by guyblade lists the echos with pictures of each location. Does this help?

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/14968-the-medium-trophy-guide

1 hour ago, Jermster_91 said:

How many Echos are there in the game?

The guide list 28 but other places show or say that there are 32 echos. Followed the guide and after getting the Syringe, no trophy popped. 

Think I remember a lot of guides listing stuff that isnt needed, like looks like a collectible, but isnt

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Think I remember a lot of guides listing stuff that isnt needed, like looks like a collectible, but isnt

Looking over some of the other stuff, the 4 other Echos might be the Phone numbers.

Looks like I will have to finish the story and start a new game to get all the Echos again. I was hoping to get the Platinum tonight but I guess that is not gonna happen. The good news is that I won't have to worry about the Maw detecting me.