Kill Your Completion is back with it's 19th Iteration

Oh, guess what? That game I mentioned, Dark Cloud 2? It's ALSO included in PS+ Premium. xD

So I made my final list and put down 5-day timestamps for each and listed them in chronological order:

1. Ni No Kuni Remastered (Nov. 1-5)
  2. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (Nov. 6-10)
  3. Dark Cloud 2 (Nov. 11-15)
  4. LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga (Nov. 16-20)
  5. Dragon Quest XI S: Definitive Edition (Nov. 21-25)
  6. Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance (Nov. 26-30)

Completion before I brutally murder it :D : 98.39% (61/63 games completed)

Edited by Taruta13
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Psy-Tychist said:

@voodoo_eyes I am changing Sanity of Morris to Spiritfarer.

Awesome!  I love when we get multiples playing the same game.  Conversations get so interesting.  I remember way back when I think we had 3 people playing Exist Archive at the same time.

• Like 1

Just saw this. I am in. Again.

Thanks @voodoo_eyes for hosting this again!

I don’t even know what’s in my backlog, so I’ll compile a list and post it tomorrow morning. 

Good to see some old faces around here! And a warm welcome to the rookies!

@DamagingRob - We’re getting the band back together! Are you participating??? ?

• Like 1

On 10/18/2022 at 6:58 PM, dmland12 said:

Currently at 96.52%, but it'll be a little higher when this starts.  I'll make a note of what it is on the 1st before I start.

Starting Completion: 97.00%

Made it to 97.00% on the nose.  So long. :wave:

Game #1 Preview:

L814b3c.png

I saw this game on sale recently and it looked like fun.  I'm not exactly sure, but it looks like it's some kind of "bullet-hell" where you're supposed to get hit by some but avoid others.  Or maybe you need to hit the right button to absorb different ones.  Whatever it is, it looks like it could get hectic.  Also, no one on PSNP has the platinum yet.  There's only 85 owners tracked though, so maybe it's just difficult?  Guess I'll find out!

• Like 4

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell... I sort of made an error about my schedule, since I put two of my games on the Winter Backlog Challenge and they need percentages soon, soooo... <_<

63 Games Played

61 Completed Games

98.39% Completion Rate
(not 100% because I rage quit Castlevania Requiem due to getting Game Overs on Richter mode a zillion times and starting World of Final Fantasy for my walks)

48 Unearned Trophies

May-You-Rest-In-Peace-696x353.jpg

Game #1 Preview
Leef6d4.png

Actually got the platinum in this in my last account so I am confident I can get a decent chunk of trophies in this first week. I decided this over Disgaea 5 because the Disgaea grind is a bit more tedious. I am going to try to psyche myself up because three hours non-stop is a chore. I might have to take breaks because I have to leave the house today as this week we are hopefully getting my future gaming cove kitted out and ready to live in(aka no houseflies, air conditioning and a working kitchen for snacks and bathroom because I am not a robot. xD??)

As Shantae would say, Ret2Go! Good luck to everyone in this event! ^_^

Edited by Taruta13
  • Like 4

On 10/21/2022 at 11:08 AM, serrated-banner9 said:

Two of my favorite games! Both are chores for the platinum, but at least Steep doesn’t have MP trophies. You’ll need a few boosters for The Crew, but it’s my favorite driving game of all time. Such a great map! I sank over 100 hours into it.

1 hour ago, PerryToxteth said:

I normally don’t play games on the side during the event, but I am in the middle of Raji: An Ancient Epic and I’d like to complete the story. So I might pop a few extra trophies

I'm sure it's fine, I'll be busy working on Persona 5 Royal over the month for another event so I'll be adding all the trophies for that game in the process. ;)

• Like 1

Game #1 - Blair Witch - Preview

L413bbb.png

Developer: Bloober Team

Publisher: Lionsgate Games

Genre: Survival Horror

Price: 29,99€

That game image is the movie in a nutshell. Full disclosure, I thought the movie was utter garbage. So I'm really hoping the game is more enjoyable to experience.

I've played two other titles by these devs (Layers of Fear and Observer). Layers of Fear is still one of my favorite horror games, I guess I generally prefer psuchological horror over the survival variant.

Might not actually start this one today nor tomorrow, as I kind of want to finish my playthrough of Deadlight first, but we'll see, Blair Witch is supposed to be fairly short, so I should have enough time to play a good chunk of it, before I have to switch games.

Disclaimer: I'll be playing all games on the PS5. So when it comes to give info about performance, it's to be taken with a pinch of salt. Unless it runs like absolute arse, despite of running on a  more powerful system.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Unless it runs like absolute arse, despite of running on a  more powerful system.

If that's the case, you deserve a refund. Whether of the game for being a jerk team of devs or the PS5 for failing to live up to its expectations. xD

I'd return my PS5 if I hadn't paid 30% more for it off some Amazon Prime server because all I play on it... are PS4 games. :P

Just finished day 1/5 on my first game. I am checking the in-game time to stay honest as one could just AFK for three hours and call it a day. ?

15 minutes ago, Taruta13 said:

If that's the case, you deserve a refund. Whether of the game for being a jerk team of devs or the PS5 for failing to live up to its expectations. xD

I'd return my PS5 if I hadn't paid 30% more for it off some Amazon Prime server because all I play on it... are PS4 games. :P

Just finished day 1/5 on my first game. I am checking the in-game time to stay honest as one could just AFK for three hours and call it a day. 1f619.png

So far I've only had one game run fairly poorly on it, which was the PS4 version of Sorrowvirus. It was an alround poor release though from what I've heard.

3 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Game #1 - Blair Witch - Preview

That game image is the movie in a nutshell. Full disclosure, I thought the movie was utter garbage. 

Absolutely agree. Hard to believe you could ever get lost in Maryland of all places. And, those fools found a stream! Hello? Just follow it downstream as it will lead to a bigger stream, etc. etc. and lead you out of the woods. Rivers don’t run in circles! :shakefist:

3 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

Absolutely agree. Hard to believe you could ever get lost in Maryland of all places. And, those fools found a stream! Hello? Just follow it downstream as it will lead to a bigger stream, etc. etc. and lead you out of the woods. Rivers don’t run in circles! :shakefist:

But that would require BRAINS, and it's a common trope for the characters who becomes victims of horroric abominations in horror movies to have the brain size of Tyrannosaurs. Otherwise, nobody would die and the movie would bomb. xD

Edited by Taruta13
  • Like 1

I'm a day late. But I still saved my stats from before I beat Dragon Quest Heroes, so I can compare them to last KYC -

Games played: 587 (+60)

Games completed: 357 (+27)

Unearned trophies: 4,969 (+903)

Completion %: 73.28% (-1.79%)

Well, that's certainly a thing. As usual, it's another TrueTrophies challenge that shoved every number up as high as possible. Let's ignore it and start up my first game later today instead.

• Like 4