Sonic Frontiers Trophy Thoughts Thread

blue_blur_98

5 hours ago, Azavech said:

Are the side missions bugged on Kronos islands ? trying to do the all side missions done yet I am missing one "Amy" near M-021 but she doesn't appear....

No not bugged. Did you progress enough in the main story? 

I got the side quest Kronos trophy before going to the next island

How long do guardians take to reappear? 

I'm in the post game and combo crackerjack is the last trophy I need 

The sumo guardian is the only one I can get a phantom rush against now all the others are defeated to quickly 

Edit: so I managed to find a super easy way to do it and I haven't seen mentioned online anywhere (though it probably has been and I've been looking in the wrong places)

On Ares island there is spring like enemies that you are supposed to bounce on to kill but if you just jump and press L2 to do the sonic boom attack the combo bar fills up pretty quickly and you can just let it expire once in phantom rush and get the entire trophy on the one enemy 

Edited by Thomas2400
New info
  • Like 3

I just skipped collecting all hearts on the map & keys by just purchasing everything from fisherman Big in the last island. Ended up having 800 purple coins from 3 starfall events.

Maxed out the gears, keys and collected 200 hearts. Was enough and was able to speedrun to most challenges and collect the emeralds.

Didnt enjoy collecting the keys from the pillars.

----

Overall 23h platinum, just speedran the last island. Normal difficulty

Pretty alright game, some annoying camera-lock angles sometimes but worth playing

Edited by Erkawest

On 11/8/2022 at 1:49 AM, Ilzakia said:

Fishing in a Sonic game scares me.

No need to be scared, as it's been streamlined. Not as simple as Animal Crossing but also not as mechanically involved as Personal. It's a relaxing experience somewhere in-between, like this-

On 11/8/2022 at 1:57 AM, Dry said:

I'm not very hyped for this game to be completely honest, the first gameplay reveal (brought to you by IGN2122.png) really broke me.

That reveal was officially confirmed to be from a much older build; the footage wasn't IGN's but pre-recorded and sent by Sega.

I mean, Sonic Team was given five years to come out with a better mainline Sonic The Hedgehog game and THAT'S what came out of it? Bruh.

According to the understaffed (and mismanaged) studio, Sonic Frontiers actually restarted development at some point, with more than the first half of it having been trial and error... Additionally: the game was being developed for all major platforms, simultaneously—no Cloud version for Switch, unlike other AAA games where the standard corporate choices are usually no Switch version, a Switch version released months/years later, or Cloud). The incredibly small studio, not even a quarter of the size of another Sega-owned studio that makes the Yakuza games, were also developing Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 and co-developing Sakura Wars alongside Frontiers

Most critics consider it good and having a solid foundation, while most fans are having an absolute blast with it. While not a bad or alienating game for newbie/casual Sonic players, it does get more mileage and appeals more to the fans. 

Edited by EcoShifter

On 11/8/2022 at 4:49 AM, BlackTorito said:

So you can play on any difficult I guess?

So after playing the game to completion, the only trophy that requires difficulty is playing the last boss on Hard to get the true boss to get the save the world trophy. You can change it to hard in the options before you go to the final boss.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DawningWolf55 said:

So after playing the game to completion, the only trophy that requires difficulty is playing the last boss on Hard to get the true boss to get the save the world trophy. You can change it to hard in the options before you go to the final boss.

Really? I beated the game on Hard to see the true boss but I thought the trophy didn’t need that, PPyx guide said it wasnt needed.

4 hours ago, DawningWolf55 said:

You don’t have to play in Hard to get the platinum 

14 hours ago, Starlighthed211 said:

You don’t have to play in Hard to get the platinum 

I guess I may have been wrong then. Last night I didn't know you still beat the end of it on normal (That's lame). But I recommend playing the true boss by choosing hard difficulty anyway. It's quite a challenge!

14 hours ago, BlackTorito said:

Really? I beated the game on Hard to see the true boss but I thought the trophy didn’t need that, PPyx guide said it wasnt needed.

Yeah I guess I am wrong. Found out the very end of the true final boss is still there on normal. I find it dumb though, I played it on hard to get the full experience of the final boss.

Looks like we have a glitched trophy: Expert Historian - Silver. It popped for me, but it didn't actually register in the Trophy list. I have the screenshot and everything. Reloaded a save and listened to the last Side Story, but nothing happened.

EDIT: Doing a PSN Server Sync fixed the issue. Trophy properly registered.

Edited by Spindash54

• 4 weeks later...