Sonic Frontiers Trophy Thoughts Thread

blue_blur_98

Sonic Frontiers has now been officially released on PlayStation, and the trophy list is now available! I think it looks like quite the easy Platinum, although one that does require you to engage with quite a lot of what the open zone has to offer, although there are oddly very few trophies earned for the Cyber Space stages. Can only really see one trophy that could potentially be annoying to earn (the fishing one). Very glad there's no 100,000 Rings grind like in Sonic Forces; that's a relief in every sense of the word. I also quite like the trophy icons, and that Platinum icon is real pretty! I'm planning to pick this up sometime in December, and I think I'll have a great time with it.

Edited by blue_blur_98
  • Like 3

I was waiting for these to drop! Picking it up on launch and I’m hyped! The trophies look pretty nice honestly. They don’t seem very hard and I’m actually glad it requires full completion of all the islands and a full set of upgrades. I am surprised that there’s not more Cyber Space trophies though, but it’s not a big issue. I’ll still likely go for full completion and S Ranks regardless. And those trophies icons are beautiful. The platinum icon is freaking gorgeous! Overall, really excited for the game and for the platinum!

I'm not very hyped for this game to be completely honest, the first gameplay reveal (brought to you by IGN™) really broke me. I mean, Sonic Team was given five years to come out with a better mainline Sonic The Hedgehog game and THAT'S what came out of it? Bruh.

My thoughs on the trophies? Well, the icons look neat but the platinum trophy name isn't very exciting.

For now I think I'll just wait for Frontiers to enter the PS Plus extra vault or become a month's offer for essential-tier subscribers at any point within the years ahead.

8 minutes ago, Ilzakia said:

Fishing in a Sonic game scares me.

1*zkXbzYhE2ISSEe8RJuu3dQ.jpeg

'Nough said.

Edited by Dry
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, Ilzakia said:

Got the platinum recently. Honestly this was the easiest fishing mini-game I've ever played in any franchise. The trophy you'll get no problem while trying to grind out the rewards to level up Sonic, anyway. By the way, fishing in the last zone costs the most coins, but the fish give 8 times greater rewards too, which speeds things up considerably.

Edited by savoniko
Grammar
  • Like 2

Gonna be honest, I'm surprised how straight forward it s compared to other Sonic trophy lists. Seems I just have to do the usual RPG stuff by collecting the collectables and completing the side missions. Luckily I just need one S-Rank and not ALL of them to platinum this game!

Finally a reasonable one

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BlackTorito said:

So you can play on any difficult I guess?

I'm playing on hard for the true ending and the game has been really easy so far. I don't even know what makes it hard. Guessing more health on enemies and lose more rings when hit.

As far as I can see, the true ending isn't required for plat, unless someone can confirm otherwise?

• Like 1

This is the trophy list for Pokemon Scarlet and Violet. xD

Sorry, the final Pokemon trailer is dropping soon and I can't think of anything else, but this game feels like what Scarlet and Violet will feel like if it had trophy support, just basically exploring the world, seeing random stuff, and getting 100% in every area with only a few grinds. I've never touched a 3D Sonic game, but this game might be my first of the Blue Hedgehog. ^_^

• Like 1

15 hours ago, IcySeaSurfer said:

Just don't go for the S rank trophy on 1-2 1f643.png

Literally got all S ranks on stages 1 through 7, 1-2 is the tightest time check. It's actually one of those stages where it's actually better to take the lower path as the higher path slows you down too much.

17 hours ago, Ilzakia said:

Nothing can be as bad as Big's fishing in Sonic Adventure.

• Like 1