Trophy thoughts?

Henshin

I was so damn worried they were going to require all titles. Very happy with this list. For those of you new to the game, it has a built in system to replay the game from key anchor points called the World System. While the trophy might require multiple play throughs you can use the same units. There is no need for save scumming as you can just world back to the point before you made the decision and play from there. In fact you will have to in order to get all the recruitable units at once.

Edited by Furlion

3 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

I dunno about trophies but whoever did that to the graphics needs to be shot

Yeah there should be an option to have the original pixelated version on characters at least, I prefer that.

PotD should be manageable although the class balancing being done might make the whole thing challenging.

35 minutes ago, Furlion said:

I was so damn worried they were going to require all titles. Very happy with this list. For those of you new to the game, it has a built in system to replay the game from key anchor points called the World System. While the trophy might require multiple play throughs you can use the same units. There is no need for save scumming as you can just world back to the point before you made the decision and play from there. In fact you will have to in order to get all the recruitable units at once.

I feel like having all titles would have been a good trophy for this game, but it's ok that they don't have it. I'll be going for all titles as a personal goal like in the original release and PSP version. For those that just want the plat though, World and Chariot will make facilitating things a matter of time, so it will be a great game for people with different goals. Extremely excited to play this new release.

Edited by Solarus755
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, FK-corporation said:

Hi guys, I read everything well but I can’t find a precise answer. How long to make platinum? Can you do it without a guide or are there any missing trophies?

There is the world tarot system so you can jump between different story choices/timelines. I think we could use this to go back to anything we've missed (I had to keep an NPC alive in a mission to recruit him and got a trophy for it, so yes I think some are technically missable if you fail but you could go back in time and try again).

4 hours ago, FK-corporation said:

Hi guys, I read everything well but I can’t find a precise answer. How long to make platinum? Can you do it without a guide or are there any missing trophies?

Nothing purely missable since you'll need to use the world system to go back and make different choices anyway. Even though the trophies are mostly story choices and will come naturally, the few that aren't will take a lot of time. The one for beating Lich Nybeth requires you to go through 100 levels of the Palace of the Dead, which takes a very long time. There are also several trophies for beating some of the Guardians which are required for the Shaman class sidequest (much smaller than palace of the dead though).

If you wanted to play the game to its fullest, get all titles, do Coda, complete everything, and get the plat along the way, it will likely take you 200 or so hours (complete ballpark estimate). If you just wanted to rush the plat, don't care if party members die, use tarot, ignore side quests not tied to trophies, etc., it will still take 100 hours just for the main story and palace of the dead.

On 11/12/2022 at 4:42 AM, ThirdAwakening said:

Anyone saying this Plat is easy is TROLLING. They made the game dramatically harder and capped out your Power potential.

Hero King Unscathed was a joke on PSP, so much harder to do on this version. 

Is the cap eventually removed? Meaning if I got to the end of my path and went back to earlier points, is my power potential the same or does it scale with the timeline point?

On 11/13/2022 at 10:22 AM, Solarus755 said:

Nothing purely missable since you'll need to use the world system to go back and make different choices anyway. Even though the trophies are mostly story choices and will come naturally, the few that aren't will take a lot of time. The one for beating Lich Nybeth requires you to go through 100 levels of the Palace of the Dead, which takes a very long time. There are also several trophies for beating some of the Guardians which are required for the Shaman class sidequest (much smaller than palace of the dead though).

If you wanted to play the game to its fullest, get all titles, do Coda, complete everything, and get the plat along the way, it will likely take you 200 or so hours (complete ballpark estimate). If you just wanted to rush the plat, don't care if party members die, use tarot, ignore side quests not tied to trophies, etc., it will still take 100 hours just for the main story and palace of the dead.

Oof. Sounds too complicated. Guess I will just play through at my leisure to the end not worrying about anything and call it quits at the end with whatever I have.

I'm about 50 hours in, and I'm at the start of Chapter 4 (of 4).

I've played the hell out of Final Fantasy Tactics, and while this one isn't quite that good, it's still solid. The level cap definitely makes it difficult, and it really does seem like your people are weaker than the NPCs that you're fighting against sometimes. 

It's been doable so far, but it's definitely not a cake walk. 

Yeah, the game isn't easy. The level of your units is capped by your "union level", which only increases at specific points in the story. You're also at a significant disadvantage because of the permadeath system. Since most maps only require you to defeat the enemy leader to win, I'm finding it easier to just rush the boss and hope I can beat him before losing any units.

Never played the original, so I don't know what the best tactics are, but I'm finding charm and petrify are OP. Being able to roll back to previous turns helps too.

I'm assuming I'm near the end of the game, but I don't know.

On 11/11/2022 at 10:36 PM, ThirdAwakening said:

Union Level also caps how high your Weapon Skills can go, 1 point per union level. 

Weapon Skills are huge for everyone now, and your first Finishing Move is at Level 10. 

level cap is 50 the stronger foes in the game i found was 60 and was on a place with no trophy requeriment the last post game tower of eternal law. 

skill cap is 40 not sure if the rings with 20 + skill can scale skill 60 

when you back in time there is options to sync or level or destroy level 20 mobs while you are 50 

you can make game easy if you auto battle places where you can farm money, so use the money to buy potion that full restore your HP and revive orbs, use 3 potions and 1 orb on each character, then it will be pretty hard to wipe in battle. 

best gear is hard to get they are relics and can be upgrade, not sure how because im starting to get all characters using the time travel, but for thoses gear need to farm some mobs.

Farming is just time but can be made on auto.

11 hours ago, FK-corporation said:

Hi guys, I just started the game and I love it! It reminds me of Vandal Hearts 2 at the time I loved it. For trophies, is there a guideline to follow or do I play the game without worrying about the branches? The game looks long so if I can avoid needlessly lengthening the game would be good.

here RECRUIT AND BRANCHES

You need beat the game 3 times for NEUTRAL - CHAOTIC - LAWFUL routes, when you beat the game for the first time you unlock time travel and undersize mode for the battles you won. 

Spoiler

CH1, Balmamusa is the first place to make a route if you Agree to participate in the Balmamusa massacre or not 

When you finish the game and unlock time travel for X points, you can get the trophies you missed, also recruit the character for X trophies or farm things. 

if you going to do X things on chapter 4 you need to make sure you are doing it in one shoot, like start and dont time travel until you have it done. 

The game is pretty good hard at the first but when you unlock more things you can make it a little more easy. 

I'm halfway through the Palace of the Dead, a 100 floor dungeon. I went in near the start of chapter 4, at level cap 32. It was pretty rough at first, as the enemies get quite a bit higher level.

However, if you recruit them, their level doesn't drop. Atm, I'm running with three necromancers who just spam Meteor 3 to lay waste to huge areas of the board while two lv 45 dragons tank. Most enemies are around lv 45 atm, so my regular guys have issues.

Poison is amazing, especially once you get Dark element Necromancers who can land it with near perfect accuracy. Very efficient at killing beasts, golems, and dragons. 

White Knights have a passive aura that shoves allies forward in initiative. Its amazing. 

My best unit is a lamia that I recruited as a Juggernaut before switching her to a Matriarch. Her stats were so high and melee specced that she does stupid damage with weapon skills, combined with the passive mp regen from being a mage and lamia passives to ignore incoming attacks. She's been amazing.

Seriously, don't sleep on recruiting good enemies. It's made a world of difference for me so far. Also, when you get to the Palace of the Dead, make sure you have a few hundred full heal potions, rez items, and exorcism potions. You'll need them.

Edited by Mindshred
  • Like 2