CONTROL 2 Officially Announced by Remedy (PS5)

ziggypossum

13 hours ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

At least partially true. It ticks at least some of the boxes if not all. Certain areas start off being unreachable. You eventually get something like a security card or a skill so you can reach them. There is some exploring. Sometimes a secret room will give you an ability point just for finding it.

Yeah I do agree with you. I thought about it more and it definitely does check off some of the boxes. I just never really thought of it that way personally. But either way the second one is lining up to be pretty exciting. I love how they’re dropping the old gen versions. Control had some really impressive technology for its time, but the PS4 version did not run well at all when it came out. They eventually patched it to be better but it still would hitch badly when going in and out of menus. Going exclusively new gen will allow Remedy’s proprietary engine to shine. This game will probably be stunning. 

Was a big fan of the first game and excited to see this!

The concept art they shared is very interesting, because in the first game everything was contained inside of the building, but now there appears to be some happenings outside of the front door! There's even a save point there on the street too! It's looking like some of the game will take place outside in New York

8 hours ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

To those who loved it, what did you like about it? Was it mainly the atmosphere? Or was it the gameplay?

The game has a very unique tone, atmosphere, and especially a unique world with even the very building the first game takes place in having an interesting story in itself. The gameplay is also unique too. It's one of those games that while playing it I could say that I truly have not ever played anything quite like it. Something also worth noting about this game is that whenever I watched videos of it, it seemed like just another generic third person action game, but when I finally got around to playing it I quickly realized that wasn't the case. There's something about playing it that watching it just doesn't capture in the same way

• Like 1