The new update to PSNP kills the functionality of third party services. Is this intended?

TheYuriG

48 minutes ago, Sifferino said:

I wasn’t talking about me specifically. The point I was trying to make, if it happens to me, with no special setup or anything, undoubtedly a percentage of visitors will run into something similar. Not good.

But you were talking about you specifically. You brought up your specifics and I responded that your initial assumptions weren't factual and there was something else going on. It's more likely you're on an outdated and insecure OS and/or browser and it's exactly, generally, people using something similar that should be blocked as it's a security risk. 

On 12/12/2022 at 7:39 PM, AJ_Radio said:

PST.org dates back to 2008 when trophy hunting started. You can still view old posts if you look up the Dead Space 1 sub forums. 

PSNP I see was formed around 2010 - 2011, I don’t know exactly. Someone posted a while back the trophy tracker from late 2012, so it’s been in place for over a decade.

PSNTL is skewed because the owner has a bunch of hard sub 1 trophies that count as ‘prestige’. Also you have to pay money to get the full capabilities of their leaderboards, which I refuse to do. 

Discord is a private echo chamber. 

There’s really only a select few options. 

For PST, yes it's that old, but it's not a tracker (or rather is has tracker options now, as of a year or so ago). It's a discussion forum.

In any case, while there are select few options those options do exist. This is a be the change you want to see situation. If people feel strongly enough about the issues here and it's clear no fixes are in the works, start making better use of the other options. Throw weight behind them to spark improvement. I'm not a huge fan of Exophase, but they do listen to their community.

Or just stay here. Whatever the issues, I'm fine with PSNProfiles.

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

Yeah, it's all down. Sly is working on a way for us to be able to use content from the website while keeping out the people who are not doing anything useful with the data. We just need time, it will be fixed soon.

That’s good. Hopefully it won’t take too long.

• 1 month later...

I personally gave up waiting for the API and took Yura down for now. Started another project instead and will be using that to fetch PSN data instead to provide nearly all of the same features.

Cowbear uses an actual hosting provider, so they had a static IP and were able to get whitelisted with a lot more ease, so there is still an option for the people who care about using a public trophy discord bot.

For everyone else that was scraping the website for your own purposes, you have no solution. This update came in exactly to take you out of the equation and you are not getting back in.

PSNP+ is the only third-party service that survived because they use your actual browser to fetch additional data. The Cloudfare screening is not able to block it because it doesn't understand that it's a script.

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 2