SERVER SHUTDOWN: January 24th 2023

serrated-banner9

EPIC games have stated today that the servers for rockband blitz will shutdown on January 24th next year

Unreal Tournament (Alpha), Rock Band Blitz, Rock Band Companion app and SingSpace will be shut down and no longer accessible to players on January 24. 

yeah, all of the rockband blitz trophies will be unobtainable after this date (at least that is what i am assuming)

• Like 1

Servers for this game are currently fucked anyway, at least the last time I checked. It's already in the PSNP+ master list.

I'll give it another check when I next can, probably in an hour or so.

Edit: Same issue, "The Rock Central service is not available. Please try again later."

They 100% aren't gonna fix a game that's going to be closed down in a months time, so this is a write-off.

Edited by wltrsjcwvita
  • Like 4

Yeah it seems like the Rock band servers aren't working for this game now and since shutdown is inevitable it doesn't seem like they'll be fixed. This has been a pretty persistent problem with Rock Band for years in general, not just with this game. They'll go offline for long periods before being fixed.

I've tried it out a little now and there's good news and bad news to this. The good news is that you can play the game in offline mode, but the bad news is that the coins you earn and powerups are tied to the online and while the Rock Band servers are down you won't be rewarded with any at the end of a song. The last time I played this I was around 3-4 songs away from gold starring every song and all of my progress has seemingly disappeared so I can only assume this is tied to the online too.

The lack of powerups in offline mode in particular is a big problem. Since it is basically impossible to score high enough to gold star any song without them. So even if you happen to own the game and wish to finish it you can't because of how restrictive this game is to play offline. Very unfortunate.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, wltrsjcwvita said:

Servers for this game are currently fucked anyway, at least the last time I checked. It's already in the PSNP+ master list.

I'll give it another check when I next can, probably in an hour or so.

Edit: Same issue, "The Rock Central service is not available. Please try again later."

They 100% aren't gonna fix a game that's going to be closed down in a months time, so this is a write-off.

Other than the trophies already tagged for PSNP+, are there any others that will be affected once the servers close?

Apparently, there are mods for consoles with CFW (PS3 and X360) that restore the functionality to use powerups without connecting to Rock Band Blitz servers:

I wonder how the trophy community views this? I get that it's not easily accessible to everyone, but is it any different from community server restoration projects, if you still end up getting the trophy legitimately? Just some food for thought.

Edited by GumiDeLaGumi

Just now, GumiDeLaGumi said:

Apparently, there are mods for consoles (PS3 and X360) that restore the functionality to use powerups without connecting to Rock Band Blitz servers:

I wonder how the trophy community views this? I get that it's not easily accessible to everyone, but is it any different from community server restoration projects, if you still end up getting the trophy legitimately? Just some food for thought.

If it requires a hacked console and/or isn't open source, there's no chance in hell this will ever be approved by the CRT.

1 hour ago, GumiDeLaGumi said:

Apparently, there are mods for consoles with CFW (PS3 and X360) that restore the functionality to use powerups without connecting to Rock Band Blitz servers:

Even though the action of playing with power-ups offline is not explicit cheating, a CFW-only solution is a big no-no (against Sony's ToS, against PSNP's rules), so this will never ever be approved. However it's worth investigating more, to see if it's possible to create a custom open-source server. At first glance it seems considerably tricky though.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, wltrsjcwvita said:

Servers are still fucked as of 09/01/23 in case anyone's wondering. I'll check again in like a week or so but it'll probably be too late at that point anyway.

yeah, I hadn’t been able to connect years ago.  Haven’t checked anytime recently but I imagine it is the same.  Connection to RB Companion App and RB2 servers has also been problematic for a king time.