RE Village VR mode getting added as free dlc

Alley_Cat_8633

Bittersweet this is!

I was looking forward to trying this in VR but I still dont know if Im gonna enjoy playing full VR games... Only played VR once and for short time, PSVR2 is going to be first headset I own.

If there are trophies, hopefully they are simple. But hey its free.

Edit: The VR version will have a seperate installation so it might have different list. Maybe.

Source:https://www.eurogamer.net/resident-evil-village-will-get-free-dlc-to-become-playstation-vr2-launch-title

Edited by JavaNext
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, zulqarmessi said:

Damn just like concrete genie

To this day, I don't know how Sony allowed that. I know us trophy/achievement hunters are a relatively niche community and likely an oversight, but it was completely wrong to add on DLC trophies to a non-VR platinum that required VR (basically, buying a new system).

Regarding this, I doubt it'll have new trophies. Don't believe 7 did, and this is also on platforms which does not have VR (Xbox) unlike Concrete Genie, which is PS exclusive. Unique lists do exist, but they are exceptionally rare these days. If they do, it'll probably be a standalone list. 

Edited by PhantomFear94

9 minutes ago, JavaNext said:

Edit: The VR version will have a seperate installation so it might have different list. Maybe.

Source:https://www.eurogamer.net/resident-evil-village-will-get-free-dlc-to-become-playstation-vr2-launch-title

doesn’t sound like it 

Village will be available to play from day one on PSVR2 (22nd February), and will be a free DLC for all editions of the game.

looks like super stardust and concrete genie all over again

I hate when they implement peripheral specific trophies

20 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

doesn’t sound like it 

looks like super stardust and concrete genie all over again

I hate when they implement peripheral specific trophies

Did those games also have seperate installations for their VR modes?

Edited by JavaNext
Typo

Yeah I’ll be curious to see how they handle the trophies for this. If it works the same as the PS4 versions of RE7 and No Man’s Sky then it’ll be the same application that can function in either regular or vr modes based on whether the headset is turned on. That would probably mean no additional trophies and it would just function out of the current PS5 application. But if it is indeed a separate installation then it’ll have an entirely new list like games such as Skyrim VR, Borderlands 2 VR, and Doom 3 VR. I would imagine all the trophies would be the same in that case just a new list. It probably won’t include the dlc though since that’s entirely third person. I don’t see this being a case like Super Stardust or Concrete Genie where they add vr-required dlc trophies to an existing non-vr list.

Edited by F1rstinFlight

9 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Doubtful, RE7 didn't add any VR trophies when it got the VR mode update

Actually, wasn't RE7 a VR title from the beginning and exclusively so for a while? It was a VR PlayStation exclusive for a year or so. THEN released an update so you could play it NON-VR, which was on the same list.
So the other way around. I remember getting it with my VR headset but I didn't work on the platinum until the patch was out.

I sure hope that the VR doesn't add trophies to Village. And if it does, it is a separate list (similar to ps4 and ps5 versions of the game) as I have no intention of buying this VR headset when barely using the first gen anymore.

10 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

To this day, I don't know how Sony allowed that. I know us trophy/achievement hunters are a relatively niche community and likely an oversight, but it was completely wrong to add on DLC trophies to a non-VR platinum that required VR (basically, buying a new system).

There was actually a VR? Bike game that required you to shell out, I believe 700 USD for a bike accessory on top of the VR.

I actually have a VR so this doesn't really affect me negatively, won't be getting VR2 so it's a good thing I don't start stacks. Regarding trophies though, they didn't release any for the added third person mode so I'm inclined to believe they won't add any here.

• 2 months later...

You can get zero trophies in VR. They simply do not unlock. Warning for everybody. This is quite possibly the best game on PSVR2 at release for me, and I now have to wait until they patch trophy support in, or simply never play a game I’ve bought for the VR mode only. Absolutely fucking disgusting Capcom!!!! I want my money back!!!! They best announce trophy support soon.

Edited by thefourfoldroot