Best perks for Death March

Greetings Witchers,

Glad I ended up scrapping my 5 hour progress on Broken Bones to just do Death March after getting warmed up on the combat.

The gourmet perk from the start makes it very manageable. (And getting those viper swords :P ) So I wanted to ask what perks you guys find necessary on death march or at least in early game? I ended up going muscle memory for my second perk, I find myself using fast more than heavy. Just unlocked my third perk slot and I don’t wanna throw points into something useless. Especially with that 1000 gold price tag to respec.

After reading a lot of Reddit posts, it seems very based on preference. One I thought was interesting was to max out Delusion early since there’s dialogue options and xp to be gained from using it in conversations. I use Quen then mostly Igni during fights. I could be over thinking this too much, it’s just hard to just “do whatever” when the level ups are long and perk slots are unlocking at snails pace ?

Edited by Zeep_Xanflorp92

Build however you want, but if you're going to go melee, or signs, or alchemy, commit to the one you want to play. Invest in it heavily and get the Witcher Set to match it.

I personally really like a sign build with the griffin set since it can be put together a little earlier but it's really up to you.

And like you already said, you can't really go wrong with Gourmet =)

25 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

Build however you want, but if you're going to go melee, or signs, or alchemy, commit to the one you want to play. Invest in it heavily and get the Witcher Set to match it.

I personally really like a sign build with the griffin set since it can be put together a little earlier but it's really up to you.

And like you already said, you can't really go wrong with Gourmet =)

I’ll have to check out the griffin set, cause I really do like the signs. I just need to learn them in the best case scenarios AND for beast hunting. I know eventually I’ll have a sign/melee hybrid as my focus.

5 minutes ago, Komrade_Dusty said:

Totally agree. Gourmet makes Death March much, much easier.

It’s so convenient! So that’s why I was curious of any perk that might a very good tool vs just preference.

Edited by Zeep_Xanflorp92

On 15.12.2022 at 7:56 PM, Zeep_Xanflorp92 said:

Greetings Witchers,

Glad I ended up scrapping my 5 hour progress on Broken Bones to just do Death March after getting warmed up on the combat.

The gourmet perk from the start makes it very manageable. (And getting those viper swords :P ) So I wanted to ask what perks you guys find necessary on death march or at least in early game? I ended up going muscle memory for my second perk, I find myself using fast more than heavy. Just unlocked my third perk slot and I don’t wanna throw points into something useless. Especially with that 1000 gold price tag to respec.

After reading a lot of Reddit posts, it seems very based on preference. One I thought was interesting was to max out Delusion early since there’s dialogue options and xp to be gained from using it in conversations. I use Quen then mostly Igni during fights. I could be over thinking this too much, it’s just hard to just “do whatever” when the level ups are long and perk slots are unlocking at snails pace 1f606.png

Viper swords are good early in the game, but I usually dive the Moonblade silver sword from bottom of the river as soon as I enter Velen.

About same stats as the Viper.

On 12/15/2022 at 0:59 PM, Zeep_Xanflorp92 said:

It’s so convenient! So that’s why I was curious of any perk that might a very good tool vs just preference.

I remember when I was playing the game looking up guides and they basically said get gourmet. And then my own personal experience is that gourmet is invaluable on Death March. I think that one transcends personal preference.

What's working for me

crushing blows

Undying 

Strength training

Fleet footed

I'm not having issues dying after level 7. I wasn't expecting death March to be this easy 

19 hours ago, Komrade_Dusty said:

I remember when I was playing the game looking up guides and they basically said get gourmet. And then my own personal experience is that gourmet is invaluable on Death March. I think that one transcends personal preference.

Gourmet is pointless to me. I have potions and food.

Don't get hit. It's simple ?