Why can't I play this?

3 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

Does it show up in your games library? Use the search feature to find it if you chose to previously hide it.

No... It's not there at all which is weird because I know I played it. I even have a couple of trophies from the game. I can't remember if I bought it or if I played it on PsNow when that was a thing. But still... It should be available to purchase right??? When I go to the playstation store all it says is "add to wish list" with NO option to buy or download. When I go to my wish list the only option I have is "remove from wishlist" So something is strange there... IDK

3 minutes ago, RustyZero said:

Maybe you played it when it was in PS Now / PS+ Extra catalogue?

Sony removed it from PS+Extra on November 15th.

Ohhh I didn't know they removed it. So I can't even buy it now??? Is that what you are saying?

You could try logging in with a different account, and seeing if it is available for purchase there?

That would at least confirm if it is available or not - and confirm it's something odd with previous versions / glitches with your specific account.

If that is the case, you could buy it on that other account (just add wallet funds via a PS-Card if you don't want to attach a credit card), then make your console the "primary" for that account - that way, you can play anything bought with it on your real account.

I had to do similar with my wife's account, to buy some of the Persona Dancing games - since one of them is only available as part of the "trilogy pack"... but the store wouldn't let me buy the pack on my account, because I had already purchased one of the other games contained within it...

...and trust me - phoning Sony Customer Service is a byzantine, kafka-esque nightmare from which there is no escape, no help, and no hope!

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

This game behavior in the store is so odd. When it went to ps plus extra there was no option to purchase it anymore, what in my opinion is infuriating because I don't want to be forced to sign the service, I remember that it happened or happens with other games as well, games that got locked behind the service and aren't available to purchase. I don't know if that changed, but talking about Dead Nation, once the game was removed from ps plus extra it looks like it turned purchasable again, but minutes ago I couldn't find the game through ps5 store and only saw it by the store via ps app, added to my cart but wasn't able to purchase it for some reason, then I added another game to the cart, this time via ps5, then Dead Nation wasn't showing up in my cart on ps5 store, but on cellphone I had Dead Nation and the other game and finally was able to purchase it using the cellphone. I have no idea why I had to add another game to the cart to make Dead Nation purchasable. Downloaded it on ps5 but already deleted it because I know it doesn't work well on ps5 and I plan on playing it on ps4 instead. Well, that was the workaround I did to buy it.

Edited by GravityQueeen
  • Like 1

On 12/22/2022 at 3:14 AM, captainskyhawk said:

Are you sure it was the apocalypse edition you had and not the PS3 edition?

Yes... Because I got platinum in the regular edition. Then I started this one with a friend. Haven't played for years... Now I can't play at all. 

1 hour ago, SuchRemorse said:

Yes... Because I got platinum in the regular edition. Then I started this one with a friend. Haven't played for years... Now I can't play at all. 

Have you tried restoring your licenses? Sometimes games will vanish from your library and needs a license restore

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/games/restore-licences-playstation/

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Have you tried restoring your licenses? Sometimes games will vanish from your library and needs a license restore

How can you restore your license for a game that is not appearing on your list? It would need to be there so you can at least select it. 

6 hours ago, SuchRemorse said:

How can you restore your license for a game that is not appearing on your list? It would need to be there so you can at least select it. 

Follow the steps in the link. You don't pick a specific title when you restore your licenses, it restores all of your purchased licenses. I had the same problem with saints row 4 re-elected a few years ago. It didn't show up in my library and had no option to download from the store. Restored my licenses and it re-appeared in my library, along with a couple other titles that had disappeared

• Like 1

Restoring licenses can solve issues like PS4 games not appearing in the Library. Happened the same to me years ago with WipEout Omega Collection.

Does it appear on the Library from the webstore by the way? You could always queue it from there.

Edited by Lance_87

6 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

Restoring licenses can solve issues like PS4 games not appearing in the Library. Happened the same to me years ago with WipEout Omega Collection.

Does it appear on the Library from the webstore by the way? You could always queue it from there.

Yes it's showing... But it only says add to wish list... And no other option. Then when I add it to the wish list it's not there. 

On 3/2/2023 at 10:37 PM, SnowxSakura said:

Had the same issue as OP described and restoring the licences solved it. I did the restore on my PS4 and it finally showed the game again on my PS5 library.

On 3/3/2023 at 7:43 PM, SuchRemorse said:

Yes it's showing... But it only says add to wish list... And no other option. Then when I add it to the wish list it's not there. 

Huh? The Library only shows what you have, there shouldn't be an option to wishlist stuff. Are we talking about the same thing?

On 3/8/2023 at 8:07 AM, Lance_87 said:

Huh? The Library only shows what you have, there shouldn't be an option to wishlist stuff. Are we talking about the same thing?

Yes... I know what you are saying. But what I'm saying is when I see the game In my "collection" there is no option to download. When I click on it all it says is add to wish list. Then when I go to my wish list it's not there. There is no download or buy option.

Edited by SuchRemorse

Yes... I know what you are saying. But what I'm saying is when I see the game In my "collection" there is no option to download. When I click on it all it says is add to wish list. Then when I go to my wish list it's not there. There is no download or buy option.

Wait are you talking about the console or the webstore? I'm talking about the webstore.

4 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

Wait are you talking about the console or the webstore? I'm talking about the webstore.

What webstore??? I'm talking about right on my ps4 when I go to look at the game. When I go into the psn store I can't even loook the game up... Only the original version pops up. 

2 minutes ago, SuchRemorse said:

What webstore??? I'm talking about right on my ps4 when I go to look at the game. When I go into the psn store I can't even loook the game up... Only the original version pops up. 

Using whatever device you're using to access PSNProfiles to access this link: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP9000-CUSA00236_00-DEADNATIONGAME01

• Like 2

On 11/3/2023 at 7:04 AM, SuchRemorse said:

Interesting... Surprisingly that worked. I don't know why? But thank you!!!!!

Yeah i meant that site. I no longer use the console to redeem/purchase stuff unless it doesn't work from the website. It used to have content for older systems (PS3/PSP/Vita) from early 2013 to late 2020. Now it has only PS4/PS5 stuff (but not everything, it doesn't have avatars, themes and apps for example, but the first two are no longer getting new releases anyway)