DRIVECLUB Back to drawingboard. No new release date

Widow_Warrior

When a racer looks as good as Driveclub has in trailers there can only be 2 things which are stalling it.

One is the car handling/physics package. Its a racer so its all about control and feel, feel the car, the road, knocks, your damage etc

Two is the playability. This title is all about playing with others. There is no real offline aspect to this as its all about clubs and racing with and against your friends. If this aspect isnt working then there is no game.

Nextgen racers are not that plentiful - the Forza game - beautiful but woefully shortlived; the NFS racer title which is on everything, and the Crew - Ubisofts forthcoming title. But if everything is suffering a painful comparison to a PS3 title in GT6 its not a wonder that Evolution are taking this back to the table again. The dig here is that we have been slavering over this game for over a year, and it should have been released 4 months ago....this is very GT5 in its prolonged birthing.

• Like 1

Pretty much all the hype I had for this game has long disappeared. I'm a much bigger fan of realistic racing games anyway but I was somewhat looking forward to this title because it does have an interesting premise. I'll still be trying it out because we get the PS+ edition for free but it will have to have some really fun physics for me to care and there are few arcade racers that really hook me. 

Parker

Buy Ps Plus NOW! When the PS4 comes out this will be your first free game!!!

I remember it, liers

I don't think that is quite a fair statement. I'm sure Sony honestly believed that the game would be ready for the launch of the PlayStation 4, hell from the gameplay videos we saw I think most people thought it would be ready for the launch, but unfortunately some things happen that is out of Sony's control and they decided to allow Evolution to complete the game instead of knowingly releasing a broken game. In a time where a lot of developers choose to release now and patch later we should be applauding Evolution for wanting to give us the best possible experience on release day. Still sucks though.

Parker

• Like 1