Borderlands 2 Ps Vita

oVinylScratcho

I've never owned the original Vita before so I can't comment on that but I do know them switching from OLED to LCD causes the battery life to take a hit as the LCD screen eats up power faster then OLED but LCD doesn't have the burn in issue like the OLED does (found that out recently via PSN Profiles chat).

I think they advertise the Slim PS Vita with a longer battery life but I think that is false advertisement as the LCD screen eats up battery life much faster then OLED.

Wow....that is the complete opposite of what I would have thought. How long do you think the battery lasts?

Wow....that is the complete opposite of what I would have thought. How long do you think the battery lasts?

That probably depends on certain conditions like brightness setting, its advertised to last 4-6 hours when the original lasts about 3-5 hours which isn't much difference.  I know I have to charge it pretty often but that isn't surprising considering how powerful it is and it doesn't take long to charge to full battery either.

I wish the end that plugs into the handheld went in flat so the cord wasn't sticking straight out so you could actually lye down on a bed in a up right position.

Edited by Shaun

I've never owned the original Vita before so I can't comment on that but I do know them switching from OLED to LCD causes the battery life to take a hit as the LCD screen eats up power faster then OLED but LCD doesn't have the burn in issue like the OLED does (found that out recently via PSN Profiles chat).

I think they advertise the Slim PS Vita with a longer battery life but I think that is false advertisement as the LCD screen eats up battery life much faster then OLED.

so you say you cant comment on it because you never owned the first but then you say they are false advertising despite having nothing to compare. some of your posts are coming off as complacent trolling to me. i have both vitas and the slimmer one lasts way longer. i can play over 2 hours of a game and it still reads fully charged. as for your complaints against borderlands 2 on vita, some are legit and others are just ignorant. regarding cross buy, being able to play vita games on ps3, etc. and as for your control complaints, you can map the controls so it is something else on rear touch if you like. there are only so many buttons... as for the game itself i haven't played it much, i platinumed it on ps3 and am waiting fir cross save to hit ps3 so i can import my character. the game might turn about to be bad on vita, ive certainly heard a lot of technical complaints about it. Edited by breathofwater

After 2 or so hours the Vita's battery is at half charge (this is with the brightness at less then half) so no it doesn't last longer (correction on my part it lasted for about 3-4 hours on a full charge before going to half charge) and I'm in no way trolling what I said is my personal experience you can take it or leave I don't care but accusing me of trolling is going too far.

Edited by Shaun

After 2 or so hours the Vita's battery is at half charge (this is with the brightness at less then half) so no it doesn't last longer (correction on my part it lasted for about 3-4 hours on a full charge before going to half charge) and I'm in no way trolling what I said is my personal experience you can take it or leave I don't care but accusing me of trolling is going too far.

Agreed, "trolling" is such a loosely used term and completely inaccurate in this instance. Anyway, here is the excerpt I read although I am getting conflicting reports on the list being the same for the PS3/Vita,  "The week Borderlands 2 launches on Vita, its cousin on PS3 will be patched. Thereafter, you can send your saves between Vita and PS3 (and back again) at will, and you won't have to use the PlayStation Plus cloud to do so. Borderlands 2 on Vita also has its own Trophy list, so you can earn Trophies again on Vita if you've already earned them on PS3 (and the ones you earned on one version should automatically pop on the other)."

Agreed, "trolling" is such a loosely used term and completely inaccurate in this instance. Anyway, here is the excerpt I read although I am getting conflicting reports on the list being the same for the PS3/Vita,  "The week Borderlands 2 launches on Vita, its cousin on PS3 will be patched. Thereafter, you can send your saves between Vita and PS3 (and back again) at will, and you won't have to use the PlayStation Plus cloud to do so. Borderlands 2 on Vita also has its own Trophy list, so you can earn Trophies again on Vita if you've already earned them on PS3 (and the ones you earned on one version should automatically pop on the other)."

Its possible that the trophies might appear shared because Borderlands 2 on PS Vita hasn't officially released yet as its set for a May 13th release date (when I go to look it up on the Vita PSN Store it shows no content items and doesn't appear at all on the website PSN Store) you just got it free with a PS Vita bundle although digital only and when you download it and all the DLCs it comes with the size of it matches the PS3 version.  Borderlands 2 without any DLC is about 3GB but after you download all the DLC it adds up to about 5GB.

It being digital only is probably to prevent people from selling/trading the physical back since it hasn't officially released yet.

I'll have to try and change the controls around but I really don't know what the best way to do that.

Edited by Shaun

well when you post about something calling it terrible or similar things 4 or more times and then your only actual criticism is somewhat inaccurate then id say youre not contributing anything constructive to the conversation. if you dont consider that trolling thats fine, but i felt my description to be accurate. this game might end up sucking overall but it wont be because you died at the beginning or because of a control scheme that you didnt take the time to figure out is customizable. i'll also point out that when someone suggested you take more time with it you just wrote them off completely. along with comparing/recommending things that youve not experienced. ps3 to vita version when you havent played ps3 version. vita to vita slim battery life when you didnt have an original vita.

this whole business with the shared trophy list does concern me. i remember ign saying there would be two lists. i would much rather gave two lists than even have cross save. i feel if you buy a game it should have its own list. cross buy games are fine to have shared lists. it seems like sony is still trying to figure out how it feels about this whole shared lists/cross buy/cross save situation. even their first party releases dont follow a consistent rule.

Edited by breathofwater

well when you post about something calling it terrible or similar things 4 or more times and then your only actual criticism is somewhat inaccurate then id say youre not contributing anything constructive to the conversation. if you dont consider that trolling thats fine, but i felt my description to be accurate. this game might end up sucking overall but it wont be because you died at the beginning or because of a control scheme that you didnt take the time to figure out is customizable. i'll also point out that when someone suggested you take more time with it you just wrote them off completely. along with comparing/recommending things that youve not experienced. ps3 to vita version when you havent played ps3 version. vita to vita slim battery life when you didnt have an original vita.

this whole business with the shared trophy list does concern me. i remember ign saying there would be two lists. i would much rather gave two lists than even have cross save. i feel if you buy a game it should have its own list. cross buy games are fine to have shared lists. it seems like sony is still trying to figure out how it feels about this whole shared lists/cross buy/cross save situation. even their first party releases dont follow a consistent rule.

I highly disagree with your first paragraph, and whole heartedly agree with your second. IGN did say there would be two lists, and if this doesnt get fixed by the time the game actually comes out, I shall be ticked. 

Its possible that the trophies might appear shared because Borderlands 2 on PS Vita hasn't officially released yet as its set for a May 13th release date (when I go to look it up on the Vita PSN Store it shows no content items and doesn't appear at all on the website PSN Store) you just got it free with a PS Vita bundle although digital only and when you download it and all the DLCs it comes with the size of it matches the PS3 version.  Borderlands 2 without any DLC is about 3GB but after you download all the DLC it adds up to about 5GB.

It being digital only is probably to prevent people from selling/trading the physical back since it hasn't officially released yet.

I'll have to try and change the controls around but I really don't know what the best way to do that.

I agree, hopefully this will be fixed. With that said, I never played the PS3 version, so either way they will be fresh trophies one way or the other.

I started to have a weird issue with the game that isn't related to trophy or control issue, look at this screen shot:

SI7wdc6.jpg

I started to get that pretty quick and no clue why I get it and it appears on any character I make and even if the character is just level 1 with no weapons or items.

Is it normal for me to be getting this:

yrcTjZ5.jpg

at the beginning of the game?

Wow those are pretty large screen shots that I took from within the Vita I had no idea they'd appear that large.

Edited by Shaun

i cant say for sure but it sounds like maybe you need to download one of the dlc components again. did you perhaps delete it all and then miss one of the items to download when you reloaded it again? if its not that, it at least seems the game thinks its that.

Well I probably ended up fixing it myself after deleting the whole game from my Vita as I didn't get that first images error though the two largest DLCs haven't finished downloading yet.  Although I didn't have any characters yet after redownloading the game and I download the character I uploaded so I hope that issue is fixed.

That error has been there ever since I got the game so it can't be a missing DLC pack as the error is there even on a level one character with no weapons or items.

I changed the Sprint & Melee actions from the rear touch pad to L for Sprint and rear left touch as aim toggle and Jump to rear right touch with X being melee.

Ugh error is back and no clue why I am getting that damn error.  I wonder if the reason I am getting this error is because the Vita version hasn't officially released yet since its release date isn't until May 13th, 2014.

Edited by Shaun

Okay when are we going to get the PS Vita version of trophies? This has been really disappointing. The Cross Buy patch should have been available for PS3 since the bundle came out.

The game itself hasn't been officially released yet it only came with the new slim ps vita bundle so the only way to actually get it early is to buy the bundle, the game itself doesn't release until May 13th which is tomorrow.

Source: http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/borderlands-2/113857

There is no Cross-Buy only Cross-Save and can only upload one character at a time (uploading a 2nd character will overwrite the one that was uploaded first) and it doesn't require PS+.

Okay they released a patch version 1.02 which appears to have fixed the DLC issue I was having plus various other bugs.

Edited by Shaun

Game is great! I own the PS3 version also and have really enjoyed both; I would definitely recommend this to Vita owners.

As for Cross Save, it'll be available Tuesday.

Edit: Was a bit unclear; sorry.

Edited by iMilkCarton

So I've been hearing two different stories. Are there two sets of trophies or only one?

There is only 1 set of trophies. You can earn them on both the PS3 and Vita with the cross-save function or just stick to one version. It must be noted that 2 of the trophy enabled DLC packs are yet to be released on the Vita version. They are "Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt" & "Tiny Tina's Assault On Dragon Keep". I can only imagine they will eventually be released, but Gearbox hasn't mentioned anything about it yet.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

So how is this on vita?

I've been playing this game on my Vita for well over a month now and have really enjoyed it so far. The game only froze on me a couple of times and holding onto the Vita during intense firefights takes some getting use to. Plus, the rear touchpads can be really easy to activate by accident. Overall though my experience has been very enjoyable. Only downside I'm still bothered by is the fact that the last two DLC are still not available for the Vita version of this game, specifically, Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt and Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep. So if you wanna go for 100% you'll more than likely have to pick up the PS3 version.

Edited by STFUxDxD
  • Like 1

I've been playing this game on my Vita for well over a month now and have really enjoyed it so far. The game only froze on me a couple of times and holding onto the Vita during intense firefights takes some getting use to. Plus, the rear touchpads can be really easy to activate by accident. Overall though my experience has been very enjoyable. Only downside I'm still bothered by is the fact that the last two DLC are still not available for the Vita version of this game, specifically, Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt and Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep. So if you wanna go for 100% you'll more than likely have to pick up the PS3 version.

I actually got it cheap during the summer off amazon, havent played it yet it though  :facepalm:

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...