PlayStation Classics Issues

jefXfree
Message added by BlindMango,

Please be courteous & understanding when giving feedback for PlayStation Classics. It takes time to process the feedback you give and some fixes may take longer to sort out than others. Please avoid requests for new games and trophy lists as this thread is purely for feedback on existing games.

If you report a bug, please provide the following

• PSP: System Language
  • PS1: NTSC or PAL -- If PAL, which system language (NTSC is the default)

If you have an issue related to receiving the free upgrade for a previously purchased game, please contact PlayStation customer support.

28 minutes ago, Tony_Conte87 said:

Guess ill try to uninstall the game and try again since (on the PS4 version) other trophy didn't pop up .. 😢

Oh see I'm playing the PS5 version; should have clarified.

Also the NTSC version not PAL.

[MERGED FROM TOMB RAIDER LEGENDS THREAD]

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Merged

23 minutes ago, brentmorrow88 said:

Oh see I'm playing the PS5 version; should have clarified.

Also the NTSC version not PAL.

THANKS! I switch to NTSC and the trophy did pop, so i guess i'll play the whole game with NTSC. Great.

[MERGED FROM TOMB RAIDER LEGENDS]

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ZodiacWolve said:

@jefXfree if possible, can you please update the PS5 trophy list box art for Tomb Raider: Legend to the one attached please?

I think it should be updated to the one the PS Store uses. It’s far higher res and doesn’t cut off the bottom of her chin. 

spacer.png

https://image.api.playstation.com/vulcan/ap/rnd/202405/0816/1d9bea712b88097f61b829fac5e96f956fb67225be456f36.png

Edited by VeldinX
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, knackered968 said:

I think there's something not working properly with enhancements on the PS2 games. Tomb Raider and Sly are definitely low res, looks like native PS2 resolution and the Enhancements menu does nothing. Is this working as intended or should the Enhancement toggle increase the resolution?

Tomb Raider PSN screens look definitely sharper than the actual game running on PS5

Some of the screenshots on the PSN store for Legend are from the PS3/360 version of the game and NOT the PS2 version so that definitely needs to be rectified.

I can't imagine the Enhancement menu would allow the play through of the PS3/360 versions although that would be pretty decent! 

7 minutes ago, Laraman said:

Some of the screenshots on the PSN store for Legend are from the PS3/360 version of the game and NOT the PS2 version so that definitely needs to be rectified.

I can't imagine the Enhancement menu would allow the play through of the PS3/360 versions although that would be pretty decent! 

I just watched a gameplay on youtube, and it looks like the emulator has an enhancing option that enhances nothing, so there's that. Guess we're stuck with the original graphics with zero improvements.

52 minutes ago, Vaghino said:

Seems buggy to me, i got Trophys for the first mission and a few side objects like 300 kills in a vehicle etc. But noch Trophys for the Missions 2-4...any idea?

And cheats disables Trophys, just to let you know.

Are you playing the PAL or NTSC version? Seems like the PAL versions of the classics are kinda buggy with trophies.

[MERGED FROM STARVWARS: CLONE WARS THREAD]

👀

2 hours ago, Tony_Conte87 said:

THANKS! I switch to NTSC and the trophy did pop, so i guess i'll play the whole game with NTSC. Great.

[MERGED FROM TOMB RAIDER LEGENDS]

Could you let me know the trophy name and the language you were playing in when it didn't unlock?

In the newly released PS2 classic for Sly Cooper and the thievius racconus, there have been two MAJOR issues myself and friends have been experiencing: the first issue is that the game only seems to recognize 16 directions for analog stick movement, instead of full 360 movement like the original PS2 game, this limits in game movement heavily and hinders an otherwise great version of the game, the second issue is that specifically on the PS4 version of the game clock speed is set VERY high which hinders gameplay on that version significantly as well (again, the clock speed issue is NOT present on PS5) thank you for your time if you see and read this.

• Like 1

[SLY 1]

+1 - I have the exact same issue, can't figure out why I didn't get it

I also can't get the Setting The Mood trophy after destroying every firework

Does anyone know how to solve the trophies for the 5 bronze and 1 gold rewards? Will I have to reinstall the game?

It seems that the trophy for destroying 10 boxes with the motorcycle in Peru also fails.

I'm playing on PS5 and the problem is both the PAL version and the NTSC.

21 minutes ago, D4V1ZzZzZzZ said:

anyone know how to solve the trophies for the 5 bronze and 1 gold rewards? Will I have to reinstall the game?

It seems that the trophy for destroying 10 boxes with the motorcycle in Peru also fails.

I moves your post here for visibility. We should be able to get some help here with trophy bugs. Feel free to post again in the other thread if you want to ask specific questions on how others unlocked them.

[SLY 1]

Charming the Library is bugged but in favor of trophy hunters...

I went in the level after completing it intending to give it a go, couldnt figure it out how to do it (maybe i need a later powerup /shrug) so i went to exit the level through the entry portal and it popped the trophy

2 hours ago, meecegoatsalot said:

[SLY 1]

I went in the level after completing it intending to give it a go, couldnt figure it out how to do it (maybe i need a later powerup /shrug) so i went to exit the level through the entry portal and it popped the trophy

Same for me

40 minutes ago, meecegoatsalot said:

I had a similar thing with Nimble Solutions trophy, since I needed to re-enter to access the vault, left through the exit at the entrance. I tried doing the same at Charming the Library area, but it didn't seem to work and I had to do it legit. 

9 hours ago, LysFair_ said:

Game: Tomb Raider Legend

I can't get the trophies related to getting 5 bronze and 1 gold treasures.

Try PAL and NTSC versions.

I had the same problem, and I found a solution. I use my system in Spanish from Spain. I changed the language to English (United States), I've started a new game, and then for now, the trophy for 5 bronze relics unlocked without problem. It seems it's a language mess 😕

1 hour ago, D4V1ZzZzZzZ said:

Does anyone know how to solve the trophies for the 5 bronze and 1 gold rewards? Will I have to reinstall the game?

I answered to another user, my console language was in spanish from Spain, I've changed it to English (United States), started a new game, and so far the 5 bronze trophies unlocked perfectly. Hope that helps. It seems I will have to play the game in english and with my OS language in english too...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Reit said:

I had the same problem, and I found a solution. I use my system in Spanish from Spain. I changed the language to English (United States), I've started a new game, and then for now, the trophy for 5 bronze relics unlocked without problem. It seems it's a language mess 😕

I answered to another user, my console language was in spanish from Spain, I've changed it to English (United States), started a new game, and so far the 5 bronze trophies unlocked perfectly. Hope that helps. It seems I will have to play the game in english and with my OS language in english too...

Thank you so much. That worked. I have saved from the emulator menu and I have put the PS5 back in Spanish and when loading the game it is still in English and the trophies still work.

Let's see if they solve it with a patch so we can play the game in Spanish.

Thank goodness that TR:Legend is a short game because you have to do everything again and I was already on the fifth level of 7 that it has.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, knackered968 said:

I think there's something not working properly with enhancements on the PS2 games. Tomb Raider and Sly are definitely low res, looks like native PS2 resolution and the Enhancements menu does nothing. Is this working as intended or should the Enhancement toggle increase the resolution?

Tomb Raider PSN screens look definitely sharper than the actual game running on PS5

Just wanted to boost this; both Sly Cooper and Tomb Raider Legends appear to be running at 480p without upscaling.

The screenshots on the store for Tomb Raider are from the PS3 HD Collection; resolution aside, the lighting is different as well (examples here per Resetera ).

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, knackered968 said:

I really can't tell. Someone pointed out that it's actually running at 4X resolution(so 2x along both axis, something like 960p or 1024p or else depending on the games original resolution), same as the old PS2 classics, kind of makes sense as those games actually look a lot like those on the old 2015 emulator. Either way the result is disappointing, I'll keep comparison with competitor systems away but, coming from the very crisp and sharp image quality of the PS1 and PSP releases, those PS2 releases do not look too good.

I can understand this as far as PS4 goes, but I feel like the PS5 versions should be looking definitely better than this, either with a higher resolution config or better AA filters.

@jefXfree I know it's not strictly an "issue" but can you and the team look into this please?

Yeah I agree, I can get used to the resolution but the game is so blurry and dark that it makes my eyes hurt unfortunately. 

Obviously not a "issue" per se but yeah. 

4 minutes ago, Duck_mann86 said:

Anyone else's trophy icons for Sly not loading? Happening both on my PS5 and iOS app.

I'm having the same problem. I've also only just now noticed that some trophies aren't the same grade between the PS4 and PS5 versions, so I'm a bit confused as to whether or not that's intentional as well.

• Like 1