PlayStation Classics Issues

jefXfree
Message added by BlindMango,

Please be courteous & understanding when giving feedback for PlayStation Classics. It takes time to process the feedback you give and some fixes may take longer to sort out than others. Please avoid requests for new games and trophy lists as this thread is purely for feedback on existing games.

If you report a bug, please provide the following

• PSP: System Language
  • PS1: NTSC or PAL -- If PAL, which system language (NTSC is the default)

If you have an issue related to receiving the free upgrade for a previously purchased game, please contact PlayStation customer support.

For the Resistance crash, I'm pretty sure it had to do with profile corruption on the virtual memory stick, caused by saving or loading save states. This is what I did, load your original profile on the memory stick (fortunately this only set me back 2 missions). Then play on from there and don't do any rewinding or saving or loading of save states. When I did that it finally didn't crash on the elevator.

• Like 1

Not sure if anyone already reported this but I'm playing PS5 version of Hot Shots 2 (Everybody's Golf 2), it has a constant sound effect on the background after the title screen. It's like a buzz from an old TV (can't really explain it better). Tested both PAL and NTSC versions and the problem remains. Didn't test the PS4 version though.

[RESISTANCE RETRIBUTION]

Mission six, after I kill the mech is crashes at the going down the elevator cut scene Everytime. I have reinstalled 3 times, not used save states and played the mission from scratch and it crashes every time. What a broken mess I hope they patch this crap

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Moved from Resistance Retribution forums

3 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

Not sure if anyone already reported this but I'm playing PS5 version of Hot Shots 2 (Everybody's Golf 2), it has a constant sound effect on the background after the title screen. It's like a buzz from an old TV (can't really explain it better). Tested both PAL and NTSC versions and the problem remains. Didn't test the PS4 version though.

PS4 issue has the same. That's the version I tried streaming and reported the exact same thing earlier in this thread.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, roushmartin6 said:

[RESISTANCE RETRIBUTION]

Mission six, after I kill the mech is crashes at the going down the elevator cut scene Everytime. I have reinstalled 3 times, not used save states and played the mission from scratch and it crashes every time. What a broken mess I hope they patch this crap

Try starting from the mission before that and playing from there. That's what I did the time it didn't crash. (It also crash another time I did that, but I used save states.)

14 hours ago, daweaver1898 said:

Own The Legend of Dragoon on PSP/PS3/PSVita, but can't get it for free on PS4/PS5

You have to take this up with Playstation support. Jef repeatedly said they can't deal with these PSN purchase issues. 

Maybe this warrants an inclusion as a posting guidelinee, too? @BlindMango

12 hours ago, Cashaddi said:

You have to take this up with Playstation support. Jef repeatedly said they can't deal with these PSN purchase issues. 

Maybe this warrants an inclusion as a posting guidelinee, too? @BlindMango

My bad, I must of missed that. I'll probably have to call them, if I can get to them at a decent time (I work night shifts, so I sleep during the day). Online support wasn't helpful at all

I'm still unlocking trophies, but the gold ones are not unlocking.  Win 3 races etc.. done 2x now.  Full season also not unlocking. 

Edit: Jetting through the finish, score miser, timekeeper, this is me at my worst, are not unlocking. All the bronze, and silver seem to be unlocking normally.  I got win 15 races so I'm positive 30 will happen shortly with not trouble.  I'm using enigma, and have laps set to 2.

Edit 2: golds won't unlock with enigma.  Have to use base roster.

Edited by WhooFlungPoo-_-

I think the patch on ps5 has prevented me getting the final story trophy. I was on the last mission when the patch dropped and finished the game with nothing popping. I have even replayed the final level multiple time and deleted/reinstalled game with no luck

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nukester84 said:

I think the patch on ps5 has prevented me getting the final story trophy. I was on the last mission when the patch dropped and finished the game with nothing popping. I have even replayed the final level multiple time and deleted/reinstalled game with no luck

Which system language are you playing in?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, nukester84 said:

English, I have all other trophies unlocked before the patch then played the last level after the patch and nothing popped

Are you in the US or EU?

UK English or US English?

The bug might be in your region/country.

Edited by jefXfree
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, nukester84 said:

That patch clearly states "some save data may be in an unrecoverable state and will require a new game."

You may have to start over since it messed up your trophies.

Edited by zizimonster
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, nukester84 said:

That sucks as I need the last trophy and now i have to start over.

EU and UK english

I know this doesn't exactly help you now, unless you were to downgrade to a previous patch - but unless something is not working in a game - a general rule I tend to follow is to avoid letting any patches install mid-playthrough, and normally would install it once I'm done with everything critical to my playthrough, or just leave the patch uninstalled unless it adds something new to the game worthwhile for example.  Installing patches mid-playtrough is risky business in my opinion; unless the game is already bugged for you without a patch and you actually need it to fix your game.  I've been burned in the past by this - which is why I do what I mentioned above; game examples like Call of Duty resetting my campaign progress to zero after a Warzone patch as one example of a patch messing with current game progress.  Either start a game with all the latest patches available installed, then start and finish your game before letting new patches in between be installed.  If it ain't broke, don't patch it kind of mentality.

Edited by J-S_93

5 hours ago, nukester84 said:

Same for me, playing ps4 version in english.

6 hours ago, nukester84 said:

I can also confirm the last story trophy is bugged for me (PS5 Version). I started the game today for the first time with patch 1.01 installed, everything popped when it should except the final story trophy.

Updated today and continued my playthrough. Trophies kept popping as they should, except for the last one "Destroy the Chrysalis and Raine" doesn't pop. Tried replaying the mission, tried using the rewind-option, tried letting the full credits play out, tried deleting and reinstalling the game, but it still doesn't pop..

On 3/5/2024 at 1:31 PM, WhooFlungPoo-_- said:

I'm still unlocking trophies, but the gold ones are not unlocking.  Win 3 races etc.. done 2x now.  Full season also not unlocking. 

Edit: Jetting through the finish, score miser, timekeeper, this is me at my worst, are not unlocking. All the bronze, and silver seem to be unlocking normally.  I got win 15 races so I'm positive 30 will happen shortly with not trouble.  I'm using enigma, and have laps set to 2.

Edit 2: golds won't unlock with enigma.  Have to use base roster.

@jefXfree, I moved this one over from the Jet Moto 2 trophy thoughts thread. Wanted to make sure it wasn't overlooked. 

• Like 1

RESISTANCE RETRIBUTION GLITCH AFTER PATCH
-----------------------------------------------------

There is a new glitch now, where after completing the final chapter. the trophy doesn't unlock. Thus making the platinum unobtainable.
Please fix this. I was playing on the PS4 version.