PlayStation Classics Issues

jefXfree
Message added by BlindMango,

Please be courteous & understanding when giving feedback for PlayStation Classics. It takes time to process the feedback you give and some fixes may take longer to sort out than others. Please avoid requests for new games and trophy lists as this thread is purely for feedback on existing games.

If you report a bug, please provide the following

• PSP: System Language
  • PS1: NTSC or PAL -- If PAL, which system language (NTSC is the default)

It's been a bit since I played the original Jet Moto, what are the odds 2 is using 1's physics/systems? Because there are certain gaps and sections that can't be made and I don't know what'd explain that unless someone actively said "this game is too fast".

On 3/19/2024 at 6:28 PM, Viktorx2001 said:

[Jak and Daxter Lost Frontier]

https://youtu.be/VEeQd3Bgp8g?si=T2SCOlcNmuf-jUAe

It crashes here everytime. Something is wrong with loading Far Drop. My save file is basically useless. Remember to make backups.

Does anyone else have this issue?

I also have the same issue.

Playing on PS5. Account ist EU, Germany and my console language is English (us).

Ps: I could "pass" this application error but when I land anywhere it ends in an infinite loading loading screen

Edited by ShadyWARcotix

Jak and Daxter: Lost Frontier

PS4 Version

English

I'm also crashing at Far Drop, first time the location is available to you.

I've use both the in game save and the quick saves

It's crashed 3 times and I've sent a report each time.

On 3/22/2024 at 7:38 PM, MoonsaultSlayer said:

It's been a bit since I played the original Jet Moto, what are the odds 2 is using 1's physics/systems? Because there are certain gaps and sections that can't be made and I don't know what'd explain that unless someone actively said "this game is too fast".

Can you let me know which particular Map you're playing on?  Or which jump seems impossible?

Also, are you playing on NTSC? Or have you swapped to PAL?

On 3/25/2024 at 8:26 PM, jefXfree said:

Can you let me know which particular Map you're playing on?  Or which jump seems impossible?

Perhaps the issue is caused by the frame rate change?

Jet Moto 2 NTSC originally ran at 20 fps, but in this release it is running at 30 fps. I don't quite know how they are achieving that increase, but perhaps that change is affecting some of the calculations in the game.

Syphon Filter is another 20 fps game and that still runs at 20 fps in its PS4/PS5 release, so perhaps the frame rate change here is unintentional?

• Like 2

I've been experiencing an audio issue on the NTSC version of both the PS4 and PS5 versions of Hot Shots Golf 2. Upon loading the game up there is a droning noise that is louder than the rest of the game that doesn't stop even after starting a match or messing with audio settings. I tried playing it on the PAL (English language setting) version and it went away, so it seems to just be NTSC that is affected.

50 minutes ago, DodoBirdJ said:

Hi @jefXfree

Are you able to tell us if an official patch for Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier is being developed? Or do you think it is more worthwhile to start a new save like @CharlyXero discovered?

Also, thank you @CharlyXero, you’re a real one for figuring that out.

I started a new game. With skipping cutscenes and rushing to the the part where it crashed. Took me like a hour? And got the plat also today. The platinum isn't that long (I skipped all cutscenes tho). I would say Platinum takes like between 4 - 6 hours.

Edited by ShadyWARcotix
  • Like 3

On 3/25/2024 at 4:26 PM, jefXfree said:

NTSC

On Mach Schnell, where the track splits with sign pointing left and right, you can't make that jump when going full speed but can from a standstill (and boost) in earlier releases.

And the corkscrew on Rollercide is a bit more finicky than it is elsewhere.

Edited by MoonsaultSlayer

I find I sometimes get glitched trophies when I use Save State instead of the in-game save function. I always save after every record-setting run via the main menu. Perhaps internally it thinks the trophy has already popped so you can't 're-pop' it by hitting the same criteria.

If it's a Novice trophy you're missing, I'd try;

1. Uploading your save to the PS Plus cloud
  2. Deleting your local save file
  3. Create a new save, start a new game
  4. Aim for Novice Ranker with any default board (pretty easy to do this consistently once you're experienced at the game)
  5. Once the trophy pops, re-download your cloud save

22 hours ago, jefXfree said:

Which region do you live in?
What's your system language?
Have you changed to PAL or are you still in NTSC?

If you post bugs here I can pass them along to our team (just in case you see any others): https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/138018-playstation-classics-issues/page/26/

I moved this over for you and merged the issue below with this thread too.

8 hours ago, MikTrophies said:

Just a quick question on cool boarders 

Novice Ranker trophy trick I got points 6057 but no trophy i hate this game its so glitch for me 

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Why can't I quote on phone? Lol
  • Like 1

On 3/26/2024 at 4:45 PM, CharlyXero said:

@jefXfree there's a way to avoid the crash on Jak: The Lost Frontier. I made a post here explaining how to avoid the crash.

@LightJak455 @A_93juantheone @DarkHpokinsn @Viktorx2001 @ShadyWARcotix since you all had the issue, maybe this helps.

While it’s great that the community has found a workaround, personally I am going to wait for Sony to fix their game that I paid money for. It blows my mind that something like this is legal.

• Like 3