PlayStation Classics Issues

jefXfree
Message added by BlindMango,

Please be courteous & understanding when giving feedback for PlayStation Classics. It takes time to process the feedback you give and some fixes may take longer to sort out than others. Please avoid requests for new games and trophy lists as this thread is purely for feedback on existing games.

If you report a bug, please provide the following

• PSP: System Language
  • PS1: NTSC or PAL -- If PAL, which system language (NTSC is the default)

If you have an issue related to receiving the free upgrade for a previously purchased game, please contact PlayStation customer support.

15 hours ago, jefXfree said:

To confirm.

Does everyone mentioning that they aren't receiving the free upgrade of MediEvil have a PS Plus premium subscription?

I don't have the Premium, just the Essential but Medievil does appear as 9.99€ where it should be free as I bought it on my PS3 years ago.
I opened a case with the support 

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, jefXfree said:

To confirm.

Does everyone mentioning that they aren't receiving the free upgrade of MediEvil have a PS Plus premium subscription?

Yup, bought it on PS3 and have premium currently. £7.99 in store and don't have a PS4 to add it to my account that way like some people have said. Don't wanna deal with Sony support lol tried that in the past and couldn't even get through to anyone. Back in PS3 days I bought Sly Raccoon trilogy and didn't get Sly 1 because I had had it free with Plus but when my sub ran out it said I didn't own the game.

Edited by den-69
double posted

On 5/2/2024 at 9:02 PM, athanasios_osfp said:

Myself yes and I'm also having the same issue as the others above in the ps eu Greek region

edit: I contacted the greek ps support, they told me to restore licences but it didn't work

I contacted the support again yesterday and the problem is fixed for me, I can download Medievil (PS4 & PS5) for free. I haven't received a reply from them though.

• Like 2

On 5/3/2024 at 8:17 PM, athanasios_osfp said:

I contacted the support again yesterday and the problem is fixed for me, I can download Medievil (PS4 & PS5) for free. I haven't received a reply from them though.

No luck for me, no answer yet from support case I opened and the title is still 9.99€ on the store 

English version upgrade is definitely fixed - thanks. 😀

On 5/5/2024 at 10:58 AM, cloudaeg said:

No luck for me, no answer yet from support case I opened and the title is still 9.99€ on the store 

Do you definitely own it outright, and didn't get it via PS3 era PS+ when it was given away as one of the monthly games around ~2010? The old PS+ version isn't eligible for the upgrade (unsure if that is intentional or not, but I suspect it most likely is).

On 10/31/2023 at 5:41 PM, DoodgraverNL said:

I don't know when this changed, but when this just launched, if I pressed the options button to get the "emulator" menu, it would provide a rewind point for that exact moment. So if I would save, it would save that exact moment. Nowadays, that's no longer the case. It creates rewind points every 10 (?) seconds and will not create a rewind point for that exact moment. So when you save, it saves the last rewind point. Does it make sense what I am trying to say?

Is it possible to revert this to the original?

This is still the same. So saving will revert back to the last rewind point, not at the actual point where you are in the game.

I'm playing the PS5 games and it's both Pal and NTSC.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2024 at 7:07 PM, andshrew said:

English version upgrade is definitely fixed - thanks. 😀

Do you definitely own it outright, and didn't get it via PS3 era PS+ when it was given away as one of the monthly games around ~2010? The old PS+ version isn't eligible for the upgrade (unsure if that is intentional or not, but I suspect it most likely is).

I think I got it from PS+ yes; maybe that's why ... But I'm pretty sure other retro PS+ games were available for free on PS4/5 for their new releases

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, cloudaeg said:

I think I got it from PS+ yes; maybe that's why ... But I'm pretty sure other retro PS+ games were available for free on PS4/5 for their new releases

You're right, some PS+ games can be upgraded. I've checked a couple and Resident Evil DC and Jet Rider were both PS3 era PS+ games and both are listed in such a way that you can claim the PS4/PS5 upgrade for free (European regions only, before anyone gets excited about a Resident Evil upgrade...). Others like Cool Boarders and MediEvil can't be upgraded unless you own them outright.

I do think they are likely mistakes though, because the result of the upgrade on those two games means you now permanently own the PS4/PS5 versions of those games and they aren't tied to your continued PS+ subscription like the PS3 version is. Generally, when they are intentionally allowing PS+ games to be upgraded for free they do the upgrade in such a way that it's still linked to the PS+ subscription, so these not being like that makes me think they were a mistake or oversight. 

Edited by andshrew

I don't know if this has already been covered here but Toy Story 3 (PSP) in French PS Store is only available in English or Spanish.

Screenshot of PS5 EU version

Spoiler

spacer.png

I assume that there is multiple PAL version of the game because mine on PSP is in French, German, Italian and Dutch :

Screenshot of PSP PAL Region (FR/DE/IT/NL)

Spoiler

spacer.png

Is it possible to let us switch between the various PAL version to get access to our native language instead of only English and Spanish?

Edited by cloudaeg
  • Like 2