PSVita game file corrupt - help needed

Property_Damage

so for the first time in several years i attempted to play my beloved ps vita, after having to charge it first because it sat for a long time in its hard case..i wasnt sure what to expect but my backlog was the goal   I wanted to see what i still had loaded up on this thing and what i could do ideally the fastest, low and behold , SometimesYou’s Grass Cutter Mutated Lawns was rite there.

So i start the app, it freezes to just a green background screen, ugh okay, i close the app and try again, but then when i try to restart the app, nothing happens.  I hit the ps button and it says grass cutter is open in the running app’s section there..but it visibly wasnt.  

(You know the vita has the 2page start-up screen for its applications.  First page would be you click on a game and a page pops up with an icon of the game in the middle to start the game. From there you would then click that games image again and the 2nd page pops up but this time its running the actual game now) 

after i clicked on the game that first time, that first initial pop up to then run the game screen never showed, it was literally just an invisible page of my screens background image, no overlays of the game start-up button or anything.  So my vita is saying the game page is open but i dont see anything.  Wonderful!  I cant even close it because theres nothing there to close but somehow its running in the background

restarts vita

But i couldnt, it froze right there in the power off screen.  Had to put it in safe mode to restart the damn console.

fuck ..But im back on my vita again, hits play grass cutter

Notification pop up, game file corrupt!

advised to redownload the application

So i deleted game, attempts to redownload but i get a error code, im pretty sure the stores deactivated serverside at this point.  Go to mobile PS App but grass cutter doesnt show it in my purchases but it shows on my trophy list 0%

i tried finding it on my mobile ps app under purchases and it doesnt show up

it does show in my purchases on the vita itself but just gives me a c2 12320 error code or something similar when i try to download it directly from there, like i mentioned i believe the stores not functional anymore.  You can go on it but you cant interact with it properly because going to grass cutters store page, it shows i can download it, but i get error codes everytime i try

is there anything i can do about getting a digital game i paid for years ago on my ps vita, back on my ps vita?

Or am i just screwed

First “page” as you call it is the “LiveArea”. ;3 

PS App will only show PS4 and PS5 games. Just as the webstore does, Sony sucks is the explanation for that.

the store isn’t down, it’s just always been a little broken even before they fully abandoned the platform. I suggest doing a hard restart, by holding the power button until it shuts off entirely. iirc it’s 10 seconds or so. Then scroll through hell (the download list; it’s accessible in the Store in the bottom right (…) icon) and try to download it that way. Sometimes that difference will work, no idea why, but it sucks to do without the webstore. Since Vita doesn’t filter stuff it can’t download. You could also just try to download it from the store again and cross some fingers. 

• Like 2

The store and download servers are still functional. But Sony disconnected Vita (and PS3) from the store website and mobile app, that's why you can only find your Vita purchases on the Vita itself. Try to google the exact error code (the one you posted doesn't seem to be the complete code). Do you have other games installed? If you have and they also don't work the SD card could have a read/write issue.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Kittens Are Awesome said:

Another way to download games to your Vita is if you have a PS3. You can download it to your PS3 and transfer the game to your Vita with the USB cable.

I know this was already resolved, but I'll leave this tip here just in case someone has a similar issue in the future.

Does this work in 2023?
If I'm not mistaken there was an update for the PS3 that prevented transferring files/games to PSP and PSV.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kittens Are Awesome said:

Another way to download games to your Vita is if you have a PS3. You can download it to your PS3 and transfer the game to your Vita with the USB cable.

I know this was already resolved, but I'll leave this tip here just in case someone has a similar issue in the future.

Sony patched out that method with the latest firmware update so now it's impossible to transfer games between the PS3 and Vita via a USB cable.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, veinte-justo said:

Does this work in 2023?
If I'm not mistaken there was an update for the PS3 that prevented transferring files/games to PSP and PSV.

6 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Sony patched out that method with the latest firmware update so now it's impossible to transfer games between the PS3 and Vita via a USB cable.

Say wha...?

Obviously, I was unaware of this update. Thanks for the info yall. 

Man, Sony could not display their hatred for the Vita more, huh? The Vita is like Sony's redheaded stepchild. "Oh, you spilled the orange juice again??!! Time for a beating!!"

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kittens Are Awesome said:

Say wha...?

Obviously, I was unaware of this update. Thanks for the info yall. 

Man, Sony could not display their hatred for the Vita more, huh? The Vita is like Sony's redheaded stepchild. "Oh, you spilled the orange juice again??!! Time for a beating!!"

More like, Sony throwing orange juice on the Vita, and going “why are you wasting our orange juice! To the dungeon!” 

• Like 2