Trophy Thoughts?

Infected Elite

1 hour ago, h4mx0r said:

Hmm, released for over a week and still no one with a platinum?

Bugged trophy? I see no one has earned the Severance Pays trophy, which isn't exactly a difficulty related thing. I figured someone would have poop-socked this game by now.

The problem with Severeance Pays is, the finishers are random, and some only occur under certain conditions ( ie against a wall ) There's also no way to track which ones you've done.

9 hours ago, SecondGenesis said:

The problem with Severeance Pays is, the finishers are random, and some only occur under certain conditions ( ie against a wall ) There's also no way to track which ones you've done.

Yeah better tracking on which ones you've completed would help! I've found a vid this morning and I think I'm only missing 3 wall finishers as I seem to remember the others pretty well.

Hope the vid helps others!

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
On 2/26/2023 at 10:48 AM, SadisticSymphony said:

This is great news, they could have easily just swept this game under the rug. Keen to see what changes are made.

I don't really follow any social medias, I have checked twitter but cant find anything regarding this so, just wondering if anyone has heard anything about this update since? Starting to seem more and more unlikely that we'll get a trophy fix.

1 hour ago, Ninja-Sara-X said:

I don't really follow any social medias, I have checked twitter but cant find anything regarding this so, just wondering if anyone has heard anything about this update since? Starting to seem more and more unlikely that we'll get a trophy fix.

Still have this game sitting on my shelf. Unfortunately we live in an age where broken promises are made. That tweet was made like 2 months ago? Ouch. lol

I hope it gets fixed too but we’ll just have to wait and see.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ninja-Sara-X said:

Yeah, I literally just checked heir Twitter, nothing since that.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2023 at 11:07 PM, UlvenFenrir said:

Still have this game sitting on my shelf. Unfortunately we live in an age where broken promises are made. That tweet was made like 2 months ago? Ouch. lol

I hope it gets fixed too but we’ll just have to wait and see.

Same. I bought the game day 1 cause even though Soleil's games are extremely rough around the edges I've still enjoyed them, but, this is still on my shelf because of the broken plat. If they don't fix it over summer I'll probably just end up playing the game on an alternate account so I don't have to have a broken game on my profile.

• Like 1

It’s honestly disgusting in my honest opinion that were 3 months from launch and the Platinum is still unobtainable because of a broken trophy.

How is this okay? And how is a game that’s broken even allowed to be on sale? Like I get it’s only a trophy but Jesus Christ, quality control is a thing and Sony ought to be offering refunds due to it being almost 3 months of total radio silence

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2023 at 11:37 PM, Oberlin1694 said:

It’s honestly disgusting in my honest opinion that were 3 months from launch and the Platinum is still unobtainable because of a broken trophy.

How is this okay? And how is a game that’s broken even allowed to be on sale? Like I get it’s only a trophy but Jesus Christ, quality control is a thing and Sony ought to be offering refunds due to it being almost 3 months of total radio silence

In the days of AAA publishers dumping broken games on the regular I think some bugged trophies are not really worth the outrage. It is certainly sad to see a lack of updates killing any momentum this potentially had (I mean it still crashes regularly too) but at least they announced plans to fix them.

Btw. this is the most recent mention I saw (from this month):

2023-05-1705_07_41-ge52dvu.png

Edited by sp1te7
pic didnt show
  • Like 2

On 5/16/2023 at 11:14 PM, sp1te7 said:

In the days of AAA publishers dumping broken games on the regular I think some bugged trophies are not really worth the outrage. It is certainly sad to see a lack of updates killing any momentum this potentially had (I mean it still crashes regularly too) but at least they announced plans to fix them.

Btw. this is the most recent mention I saw (from this month):

2023-05-1705_07_41-ge52dvu.png

This is good news, but to the contrary, I personally do not think the finisher trophy is unobtainable.

There are a lot(and I mean a lot) of finishers in this game. In my hardest difficulty run I seen quite a few that I have not seen in videos.

Plus I'm pretty sure your kills(and by extension finishers) reset when you hit new game or maybe even new game plus, so it would very difficult to actually know if this trophy is truly broken.

Only thing I could suggest is do a new game run, try to land finishers on every single enemy you see so you could possibly get every one during your run.

I'd make a back up save in between each level as well in case you think your missing some.

And remember each boss has 2 different finishers(one for each phase) 

Also I'm pretty sure there is at least two different finishers for killing someone near a wall and a desk(stage 4) 

Final tip would be to play on at least hard so enemies don't instantly die from melee attacks.

Would also like to say I think the Ramen trophy is slightly overhyped. It's challenging but very doable if you try it on the song Ramen King.

Watch the video to know what I mean.

Now the Space Run Away mini game on the other hand I'm not so sure. ?

I don't think anyone should waste their time trying to get the "Finisher" trophy before the patch. There have been multiple people in the discord doing just that, trying to record and trigger every finisher with no success. Since the kills trophy, etc. track progress across playthroughs it would seem unintended to not have this behavior for finishers.

There have also been reports of other trophies not popping and I also had to finish some of the collection ones in a new game despite having 100% progress in that specific save.

Update from yesterday:

edgksxpwoivk.png

PS: The Quarter Eater can be studied here..:

Edited by sp1te7
pic
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2023 at 10:25 PM, sp1te7 said:

I don't think anyone should waste their time trying to get the "Finisher" trophy before the patch. There have been multiple people in the discord doing just that, trying to record and trigger every finisher with no success. Since the kills trophy, etc. track progress across playthroughs it would seem unintended to not have this behavior for finishers.

There have also been reports of other trophies not popping and I also had to finish some of the collection ones in a new game despite having 100% progress in that specific save.

Hey everybody. I just wanted to confirm that your instinct is right, and the Severance Pays trophy is indeed glitched. I reached out to the team through e-mail specifically about the trophy a while back, and they said:

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. 
Our apologies for the inconvenience.

We are already investigating this issue and we will get back to you as soon as it is fixed.

• Like 3

• 8 months later...