Love Catan - Trophies look easy

I've had a deep love for this game for many years. Excited to see its release here with trophies. None of the trophies should be difficult. Hidden Talents (3 Victory Points from Development Cards) Will have some RNG as there are only 5 in a standard edition deck if I remember correctly so you'll have to buy a lot of development cards and have RNG on your side. Surprise Victory (win 5 games by revealing development cards) is the only other one that probably won't come naturally in just a few games. The game allows for local coop so if your ultimate goal is a platinum, this will be a quick one to put away. Be aware there are many expansions for the board game though and I'd expect this version to get several updates. 

• Like 3

• 5 months later...
On 2023-02-24 at 10:48 PM, Dvst8u said:

it pretty good , takes forever to play as a 4 player local game tho 

Can you elaborate on this?  Is it due to slow presentation/animations?  That is one thing that always bothered me about the Knowledge is Power games.  The presentation took so long, each match had ~5 minutes of them explaining the rules/process to us like it was our first game when we'd already played 20+ matches.

I love the board game and will pick Catan up when it goes on a decent sale or bundled with expansions.  I am surprised the expansions haven't been released yet considering this game has now been out for almost 6 months.

13 hours ago, JohnnyDelightful said:

Can you elaborate on this?  Is it due to slow presentation/animations?  That is one thing that always bothered me about the Knowledge is Power games.  The presentation took so long, each match had ~5 minutes of them explaining the rules/process to us like it was our first game when we'd already played 20+ matches.

I love the board game and will pick Catan up when it goes on a decent sale or bundled with expansions.  I am surprised the expansions haven't been released yet considering this game has now been out for almost 6 months.

We used the option to use a smart phone as your deck and just the time for four of us to play took awhile. its a great game and worth it even at full price.