Thoughts on the game?

GeniePlatinum

I read some Youtube comments that Scientific Collection won't pop if you scan and die before you get to an autosave or a pillar but really can't confirm.

On my 2nd run I tried to not die except this one part on the mountain with one Glacial Alluvium/ice monster with snow and hypothermia.

Even with that death I still tried to get to a pillar after every creature scan. Popped after scanning Fungus Humanoid like others who got it.

This game feels kind of like The Chant except with more shooting. Same publisher, same price at launch, almost same length start to finish.

Edited by Enigmatech

13 minutes ago, Bunkerbudy said:

Just wondering, so everybode is getting the trophy to pop on the second run trough the game? ALso:

- Don't die

- Complete in one sitting

- Other advice?

i'd say that the enemy scanned-counter resets when you leave the game, so the play in one sitting should be the way to go

Edited by WreckItPhil

3 hours ago, WreckItPhil said:

My playthrough on standard difficulty took around 6 hours, on rookie maybe less.

Still quit long for one sitting, would putting the PS5 in rest mode be okey you think? Like just pausing the game, set in rest mode and continue the next day.

I played the disc version without updates and i got Master Scientist trophy, but didn't

get Scientific Collection after scanning the fungus humanoid (rechecked, that i got all listed).

Did it without closing the game, but dying sometimes.

So Patch Version doesn't seem to really matter? Hope this gets patched soon :/

Man, I had this game on my wishlist and was pleasantly surprised when it released and was only $40. 

But jesus, can't a game release in a proper state anymore? Reading how the only safe way to get the trophies is to sit and play for 6 hours straight is ridiculous. 

Like usual, supporting day one is a mistake and waiting for a sale and patches is the way to go.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThEpicspartan117 said:

Can confirm, it "forgets" the scanned enemies after a death, if you do it deathless you are on the safe side. Saving the game does not affect it, i saved and quit multiple times.

Thanks, that probably explains it. Playing it  for the first time, even on easy, i sometimes died cause i froze accidentally. Or i got stuck on the environment and had to quit to the main menu.
Doing it in one sitting, withouth death (or getting stuck) is really bad for this kind of achievment, hope it gets patched soon.

Edited by Twoflowers

10 hours ago, Twoflowers said:

Thanks, that probably explains it. Playing it  for the first time, even on easy, i sometimes died cause i froze accidentally. Or i got stuck on the environment and had to quit to the main menu.
Doing it in one sitting, withouth death (or getting stuck) is really bad for this kind of achievment, hope it gets patched soon.

It's doable on Rookie Difficulty, I basically just ran through the game, took me like 4-5 hours. But yeah, I agree, it's something that needs to be patched

• Like 1

Vor 28 Minuten sagte TheEpicspartan117:

Es ist auf Rookie-Schwierigkeitsgrad machbar, ich bin im Grunde nur durch das Spiel gelaufen, ich habe ungefähr 4-5 Stunden gebraucht. Aber ja, ich stimme zu, es ist etwas, das gepatcht werden muss

kann ich bestätigen, man muss alle Gegner in einem Spieldurchlauf scannen. Dabei kann man an den Säulen speichern und darf auch sterben. Der Schwierigkeitsgrad ist egal, ich habe die Trophäe mit Patch 1.001 bekommen und bin dabei auch einmal gestorben. Für den RUN habe ich 4 Stunden gebraucht

Edited by padde125

Strange, so you can die and still got the trophy? Maybe this one time i had to get back to main menu cause i got stuck on the ground and couldn't move, voided my trophy then... Other than that i didn't close the game. But i played on Disc without update.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2023 at 10:04 PM, ResiGamer_28 said:

Im not sure if the same issue is on PS, but i bought this game on Xbox and switching controllers (after one died), has deleted my save file as the game thinks a new user has started, and restarts you from fresh. This is a serious issue that needs patching. 

Oh my god, what an awful glitch! 

Were you able to go back to the original controller and continue your game?

1 hour ago, yowzagabowza said:

Oh my god, what an awful glitch! 

Were you able to go back to the original controller and continue your game?

No I started from scratch. Fortunately didn't take me long to get back to where I was (I took my time the first time and I rushed it to catch up)

• 2 weeks later...

Beware... I guess? 

The whole story is quite basic ass but it could have been short and somewhat fun game. I don't mind (I do but I came to accept it) that they messed up the damn trophy but I found out a gamebreaking bug (rotating bridge puzzle got stuck) and at that point instantly deleted the game. It's short and easy. Almost a no-brainer. But why just keep playing a half-baked game for another platin? I am over it. 

All in all, it's just another AA game. Experiments a few ideas, but they can't really live up to the ideals. Might save the day though. 

(ps: this game makes a good definition of Eurojank) 

Edited by Realtione

• 1 month later...