RPG Mania 2023 - The Octo-Path to Redemption - Congrats to SWWDevereux! (Completed)

7 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

Managed to end the month with 0 points

Well on my way to last place. Once I finish Syndicate I’ll actually start working on some RPGs.

Same! Working on 13 Sentinels which does not count as a RPG, but will continue with Tales of Arise after that. 

My idea was to play 1 RPG and 1 non-RPG at the same time, but I have only finished non-RPG games because they are a hellava lot shorter. xD

• Like 1

Since Sunbreak is nothing but DLC trophies I'm going to have to amend my double and triple point games. I'm going to keep Monster Hunter Rise as my triple point and I'll have to think of something else for my double point. But considering how long Rise+Sunbreak will be I have some time to think of a game I want to put in that double point slot.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio
  • Like 1

I also need to amend my double and triple point picks thanks to Sunbreak, but before I do, I'm still not really clear on how DLC points are calculated. I understand that there's no base score or adjustment for rarity, but:

• Does a DLC pack need to be fully completed before we can claim points for its trophies, like with full games, or are partial completions eligible? (I'm pretty sure it's the former, but would like to confirm)
  • If a game has a multiplicative bonus (double/triple point, most wanted, callout), do those multipliers apply to its DLC as well?
  • If it fits the criteria, can a DLC receive additive bonuses (new game, seasonal/series stackers) independently of (or in addition to) the base game? (I thought the answer to this was no, but I see Mass Effect Legendary Edition getting the series stacker bonus-- not sure if it's a special case or if I was just wrong)
  • Lastly, Sunbreak is a weird edge case, being a single DLC split across six DLC lists. Does that change how any of the scoring rules apply, or will it be counted as six different DLCs?

I realize that's a lot to ask at once, but the scoring info for DLC in the main post seems a bit light on details.

9 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

Managed to end the month with 0 points

Well on my way to last place. Once I finish Syndicate I’ll actually start working on some RPGs.

Don't feel bad.  I didn't earn a single RPG trophy in April.  Largely because I've spent a healthy chunk of the month re-building my position in 9th Dawn III after my save file corrupted and my backup was of zero use.  I probably have another couple of weeks before I get to the last handful of trophies and complete that title.

Damn my OCD; it won't let me put the game down until it's done and gone.

Update 3:

Wild Arms 2 (PS4)

100+70(2xG, 22xS, 14xB)-15,75(platinum rarity)-2(2% completion before event)=152,25+50(seasonal stacker)=202,25

For the seasonal stacker:

I got the platinum on may the 1st, but because their isn`t a new s.s. as of the time of this post, I go with the april s.s. rebirth.

I got 3 reasons for the rebirth bonus:

Spoiler

1.(starts at 4:51) One of your party members got a spirit companion, called a Pooka. Pookas don`t have a individual self and cease to exist, if they develop one. Late in the game their is a story sequence (in the Raypoint Wing dungeon) in which the Pooka shows that he has developed a self and then vanishes, but is reborn in the same scene as a being with a self.

2.(starts at 6:22 -"Heel Turn"- and  8:30 -sequence plus boss fight-) Your commander makes a (somewhat) heel turn and sacrifices his sister and himself, so that a invading parallel universe (the Kuiper Belt, birthplace of the comets) can be reborn in a physical form, so that the hero and his party can destroy it (I know how dumb this sounds). The corresponding boss fight is with a giant fetus in some kind of amniotic sac.

3.(starts at 9:26)  In the epilouge it is revealed, that the main character and his girlfriend got twins (a boy and a girl) and it is lightly implied that this two children could be the reincarnation of the commander (see point 2) and his sister. This could only be my interpretation of the epilouge so I wouldn`t give me the s.s. bonus if it would only be for this point, but I think I should mention it as a reason in combination with the other two.

Total score: 444,25

• Like 3

On 19/04/2023 at 6:52 PM, Sendai-Horatio said:

Update #2

Azur Lane: Crosswave

100+70-22.22+50(speedrun bonus)+75(Seasonal Stacker)=272.78

It's a game featuring ships reborn as anime girls. I think that counts.

Anthropomorphising ships or any non-biological entity isn't really rebirth sadly, so I can't confirm the Seasonal Stacker.

On 19/04/2023 at 8:23 PM, Sendai-Horatio said:

It seems I did reach the speedrun bonus for Divinity Original Sin, so I updated my score to reflect that.

I have added that to your score.

On 19/04/2023 at 8:48 PM, rental_barley93 said:

100+44-0.58=139.did i do it right though i platinumed dbz kakarot ps5 version without auto popping its first update so i hope i do it right ?

So here is the scoring that you get for Dragonball Z: Kakarot - 100 (base points) + (4G +9S +28B) = 70 (trophy points) - 52.64 (rarity of plat) = 117.36pts

This puts your on the board though :)

17 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Same! Working on 13 Sentinels which does not count as a RPG, but will continue with Tales of Arise after that. 

My idea was to play 1 RPG and 1 non-RPG at the same time, but I have only finished non-RPG games because they are a hellava lot shorter. xD

I would say 13 Sentinels is an RPG. It might have visual novel story sections but the other 50% of the game is a turn based strategy RPG. I would ask OP for their ruling :]

On 25/04/2023 at 6:46 AM, Armored_Oso66 said:

Update #2

Mass Effect 2: 100 + 18 + 14 + 34 = 166 - 44.49 (Rarity Game) = 121.51 X 2 (Double Point Game) = 243.02 + 25 (Series Stacker) + 75 (Seasonal Bonus #2) = 343.02

Just going to amend the post to let you know the actual score. The multipliers come before the bonuses. If the bonuses came before the multiplier, you could be getting over 1000 points for games later in a series rather than it being blanketed base points and then bonuses added.

On 29/04/2023 at 7:44 AM, Taruta13 said:

Another update with Game #3 for the year:

1Lcde2e6.png

Final Fantasy(Pixel Remaster): 107.08 points

Do you have a breakdown of points? At the moment I know that it counts for NG as well as Seasonal Stacker and I don't have a Platinum Rarity to use for the calculation. I like what you used for your Disgaea 4 post for calculation, so copy that into the future posts for calculation :)

On 01/05/2023 at 6:56 AM, Taruta13 said:

I don't know what to say but transforming a book to a person is not what I could call 'rebirth', but then again, I don't play Atelier so it might be themed in that world. xD

Rebirth or reincarnation can be taken in many ways. I think this way makes sense to me.

19 hours ago, Gundam-J25 said:

Platinum #4 - Dead Island 2 for 237.04

100 + 70 (3G, 10S, 32B) (- 10) - 22.96 + 100 for 2nd seasonal game. Probably don't need to explain much with zombies and rebirth.

Dead Island went AAA and they did a damn fine job!

I'm not sure why in each of your posts you have a minus 10 score, but that only applies if you have a penalty due to completing some or most of the game before April 1st. Just thought I should make you aware. Also, the Seasonal Stacker goes up in increments of 25 and you get a NG bonus as the game has only been out for a week or so. :)

12 hours ago, Xylobe said:

I also need to amend my double and triple point picks thanks to Sunbreak, but before I do, I'm still not really clear on how DLC points are calculated. I understand that there's no base score or adjustment for rarity, but:

• Does a DLC pack need to be fully completed before we can claim points for its trophies, like with full games, or are partial completions eligible? (I'm pretty sure it's the former, but would like to confirm)
  • If a game has a multiplicative bonus (double/triple point, most wanted, callout), do those multipliers apply to its DLC as well?
  • If it fits the criteria, can a DLC receive additive bonuses (new game, seasonal/series stackers) independently of (or in addition to) the base game? (I thought the answer to this was no, but I see Mass Effect Legendary Edition getting the series stacker bonus-- not sure if it's a special case or if I was just wrong)
  • Lastly, Sunbreak is a weird edge case, being a single DLC split across six DLC lists. Does that change how any of the scoring rules apply, or will it be counted as six different DLCs?

I realize that's a lot to ask at once, but the scoring info for DLC in the main post seems a bit light on details.

1. The DLC pack does need to be finished for it to count. The Main game doesn't need to be finished before the DLC itself, but most people post the main game and DLC together.

2. Multipliers and bonuses do not count to DLC. The only instance that has come up is the Mass Effect Legendary Edition. That is because the Legendary Edition is treated as a stack in the PSNP game list.

3. As Sunbreak is DLC added to Rise, it will still be classed as DLC. So if the packs are completed outside of the main game, they will count as individual DLC.

Edited by Psy-Tychist
Added more posts.
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Do you have a breakdown of points? At the moment I know that it counts for NG as well as Seasonal Stacker and I don't have a Platinum Rarity to use for the calculation. I like what you used for your Disgaea 4 post for calculation, so copy that into the future posts for calculation :)

Sorry, I didn't think to do that. I need to sleep but I will try to add in the point calculation. Can I just borrow YokA_sun's calculation if it's the same game?

2 hours ago, SWWDevereux said:

I would say 13 Sentinels is an RPG. It might have visual novel story sections but the other 50% of the game is a turn based strategy RPG. I would ask OP for their ruling :]

For the record, I actually agree. The RPG elements are important in it too so I think it should count. Upgrading your weapons actually makes a huge difference and makes getting S ranks much, much easier.

I will confirm with @Psy-Tychist once I finish it, but every site lists it as a strategy, simulation, or adventure (the adventure one threw me off, ngl). None of them say RPG. I was actually pretty surprised. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Taruta13 said:

Sorry, I didn't think to do that. I need to sleep but I will try to add in the point calculation. Can I just borrow YokA_sun's calculation if it's the same game?

Well, what I have done is used todays Platinum rarity but the rest of the calculation is already done. When did you complete it? If it is on the same day as YoKa_sun then we can use that rarity.

So, we are now in May and the Leaderboards are up to date as of 30th of April. 

@Laburnski and @YokA_sun are out in the lead after the first month with @Taruta13, @SWWDevereux and @AlterArchuria each over 1000 points as well. 21 out of 32 players have completed an RPG in April with a total of 57 games completed!

For May, the Seasonal Stacker is going to be related to May Day, the Maypole and all the odd dancing that goes on around it. So the theme is Traditional Dancing! If there is a trophy that says dancing, there is a rhythm mini-game or has cutscenes of dancing involved these are some ideas of what would be counting.

In future I will post the Seasonal Stacker before the end of the month so that everyone can see what will count. For this month, as some people have posted not knowing the new Seasonal bonus, I will honour those for this month only.

41 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

For the record, I actually agree. The RPG elements are important in it too so I think it should count. Upgrading your weapons actually makes a huge difference and makes getting S ranks much, much easier.

I will confirm with @Psy-Tychist once I finish it, but every site lists it as a strategy, simulation, or adventure (the adventure one threw me off, ngl). None of them say RPG. I was actually pretty surprised. 

13 Sentinels will count, as it has for the previous versions of RPG Mania. 

Hopefully I have answered everyone's questions and so far acasser, ApriIis, Arctic Cress, Armored_Oso66, blu3st4rdust305, Caju94, CokeEnnyday, fenrirfeather, kingofbatte8174, Leon Castle, Lord_Bane999, reaperveteran86, Sanevin, Sendai-Horatio, serrated-banner9, Taruta13, viola9fantasy, vividamage123, Xylobe and rental_barley93 are all to receive a Call Out.

Edited by Psy-Tychist
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Anthropomorphising ships or any non-biological entity isn't really rebirth sadly, so I can't confirm the Seasonal Stacker.

I have added that to your score.

So here is the scoring that you get for Dragonball Z: Kakarot - 100 (base points) + (4G +9S +28B) = 70 (trophy points) - 52.64 (rarity of plat) = 117.36pts

This puts your on the board though :)

thanks there are alot of rpg games that i need to finish dbz kakarot is one of them 

7 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

For May, the Seasonal Stacker is going to be related to May Day, the Maypole and all the odd dancing that goes on around it. So the theme is Traditional Dancing! If there is a trophy that says dancing, there is a rhythm mini-game or has cutscenes of dancing involved these are some ideas of what would be counting.

Unfortunately, all the Shantae games I want to play are done or I would have included this, because Shantae uses dances for her magic. :P

At least we are done with Easter and the many games that claim to be seasonal stackers because they have revives. xD

Edited by Taruta13

2 hours ago, Sanevin said:

Thanks for adding FF2 to the spreadsheet! I never got around to adding it when I beat it.  Can you add the new game (50) and series stacker (25) bonuses to it?

Dunno about new game, but it is part of the Pixel Remasters so it is technically qualified for the series stacker if you played FF1 before hand. ;)

12 hours ago, Taruta13 said:

Dunno about new game, but it is part of the Pixel Remasters so it is technically qualified for the series stacker if you played FF1 before hand. ;)

New Game relates to the fact that it was released in that format within the last 30 days.

I know the games are over 25 years old, but as the collection was released on 19th of April, it still counts until 19th/21st of May.

15 hours ago, Sanevin said:

Thanks for adding FF2 to the spreadsheet! I never got around to adding it when I beat it.  Can you add the new game (50) and series stacker (25) bonuses to it?

I can indeed.

Edited by Psy-Tychist

3 hours ago, Arctic Cress said:

First points on the board. Figures that a lot of people are playing the pixel remasters with the recent releases!

Yeah, it's a great way to re-release old games without sacrificing their content by adding new dungeons and whatnot. ;)

Speaking of old content and new shells, I am probably going to update soon with a couple of KEMCO titles which I bought last month and forgot to remove from the board. :P

1Lf41510.png

Next Game on the Docket: Asdivine Saga: (100 + [5x6+11x2+18x1]) = 170 - 55.15% = 114.85 + 25(Series stacker, since it's an Asdivine game) = 139.85 points

Nothing new here, it's a sequel to Asdivine Cross made by the same company and with the same gameplay mechanics and buyable DLC boosts. Other than rotating my analog stick for an hour to get 500,000 steps registered for a trophy, this is actually easier than the prequel.

And yes, expect huge series stacks as I will probably do Asdivine Menaces/Dio/etc as well. xD

EDIT: Accidentally watched Nisha's normal ending twice because I forgot that this game lets you choose the ending you have qualifications for and I clicked the normal Nisha ending instead of the true one. xD

Edited by Taruta13
  • Like 3

2nd Update:

I7rl0nal.png

Genshin Impact Trophy: Series VI

6+6=12

Unless I read wrong, DLC Trophies is just the amount of Trophies, no minus rarity.

Just a question about if Star Rail gets Playstation 5 version sometime doing this year or early next year.

If some of the Trophies auto-pop due to me having done say Ascended Trailblazer(F) to Phase 2 for the first time on PC will those count since I actually did it doing the event or will it be done like the games I have already have some percentage in and those auto-pop ones won't count. I don't mind the latter as I plan on saving Forgotten Hall(The Star Rail version of Spiral Abyss) for then the PS5 version is out and I'm preparing the teams I plan to use for it.

• Like 3