Contagion Mode

TrophyChief

Just finished Contagion mode, to anyone who might see this you can skip all Two Head fights. Follow this video:

For the third Two Head fight in the beginning of Chapter 8, you can skip it through a fuse exploit back in Chapter 7. The fuse exploit in Chapter 2 doesn't work anymore since they just lock your character in place before you can take the fuse out and go through the door. I'm frankly quite surprised I came across this exploit. I don't know if it's already a thing for speedruns but yeah thought I'd just share.  

Basically just put the fuse, take it out, put it back in, then take it back out. This specific fuse door is quite slow when it opens and closes. You have to do two cycles of putting the fuse in and taking it out because just doing one will lock your character for a bit, but if you do it twice you will have more time to get through the door.

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 3/16/2023 at 1:42 AM, TsurugiFenrir said:

Allright, I finished Contagion Mode and got both trophies. I did just like it was written earlier:

I played offline except for when I had to upload my save to PS Plus Cloud Storage. 

After every new chapter I was closing the game, turn online, upload Save and go back offline. If I die during chapter(and it happen quite a few times) I would immidiately close the game, delete all saves(every single file), turn online, download save from PS Plus Cloud, turn offline and start failed chapter again. 

The game really made one more save after finał boss but I am guessing its for the Contagion NG+.

Now Im waiting for Riot DLC. 

And Story DLC. 

Btw, to all players and trophy hunters/collectors:

Please, If you can, only write a comment in this topic regarding the game mode, do not brag on about multiple playtroughs, scams, generally writing all the negative things about the game. 

If you don't like it, fine, you have every right to feel that way. But just don't spam about it every single time please. 

Im starting to feel like this topic is seen by some as a place to complain about the game. Start your own topic and let others discuss about Contagion Mode. 

Thank you. 

Can I reload check-in points or quit the game if I have to stop playing, and still get the without death trophy? 

I stopped playing a few time in my current run of Contagion, and Im now wondering if I will get the trophy (No deaths, or deaths animations, I just had to turn the PS5 off a few times).

On 2/10/2024 at 8:44 PM, GuilhermeFr__ said:

Can I reload check-in points or quit the game if I have to stop playing, and still get the without death trophy? 

I stopped playing a few time in my current run of Contagion, and Im now wondering if I will get the trophy (No deaths, or deaths animations, I just had to turn the PS5 off a few times).

You don't have checkpoints in contagion mode as you start from the beggining of the chapter. If you didn't die you'll get the trophy if you quitted the game but I just downloaded my save from the cloud to be sure everytime I started playing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, I just startet a new game+ contagion run and all the upgrades has been erased. I had nothing on the first terminal. That can't be right, can it? 

[SOLVED] I had to replay the last checkpoint and start all over. For whatever reason it didn't work the first time.

Edited by SuddenCane

• 3 weeks later...

With the save files at the start off each chapter, I’ve been playing offline, when a new chapter starts I switch to online, then I exit to the menu so it cloud saves (quitting restarts the level but it’s not a death), then I switch back to offline, play til I die then close the game, load cloud save, re-enable sync, go offline and play the previous no death save.

Will this work for the no death run?

On 3/9/2024 at 10:47 PM, P_Pigly_Hogswine said:

With the save files at the start off each chapter, I’ve been playing offline, when a new chapter starts I switch to online, then I exit to the menu so it cloud saves (quitting restarts the level but it’s not a death), then I switch back to offline, play til I die then close the game, load cloud save, re-enable sync, go offline and play the previous no death save.

Will this work for the no death run?

Have you done it? Does it work?

EDIT: Just got the no death trophy. Just used the PS plus cloud, backing out at the start of each level. Easy mode compared to Hardcore due to insane money drops exclusive to this mode.

Edited by servus99