Contagion Mode

TrophyChief

Starting a thread for us to share best practices, tips, and known exploits to help others complete the new mode and earn the trophies that come along with this update. Yes, multiple playthroughs are needed for 100% completion of this game. Looks like they plan to continue to add content and trophies with the season pass. I'm ready when this portion of the pass drops.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kessarath said:

This game should not have any DLC or Season Pass. One time play only! ONE!

And what exactly will this new mode be? HC was monotonous and difficult enough already. JFC...

See it says on the link to complete this mode and complete this mode without dying so I assume it’s perhaps Akumu related difficulty with permadeath applied , gonna be backing my save up a lot ?

1 hour ago, amurnin100 said:

See it says on the link to complete this mode and complete this mode without dying so I assume it’s perhaps Akumu related difficulty with permadeath applied , gonna be backing my save up a lot 1f644.png

It's funny because when Hardcore mode was released people complained it WASN'T permadeath, like it was too easy of a mode.

Now that we HAVE permadeath, everyone wants to save scum!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yowzagabowza said:

It's funny because when Hardcore mode was released people complained it WASN'T permadeath, like it was too easy of a mode.

Now that we HAVE permadeath, everyone wants to save scum!

I wouldn’t say it’s hard but as the game is combat focused over shooter I reckon turned people’s opinion.

Edited by amurnin100
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

Yeah, the difficulty wasn't that bad on HC (and HC+ was actually easy) but it's just so tedious. With the scarcity of ammo, you're left to just wail on enemies with your baton, occasionally dodging, but it takes an average of 18 hits to kill each enemy. So while they kind of line up for their turn to get pummeled, it just takes forever. And then one or two mistakes will set you back a while. 

If we could use the GRP more, that would have been great. But that, too, was very limited.

You know what I hope. New game plus starts with Contaigon mode and I don’t have to start a new experience and lose my upgrades ??

• Like 1

On 3/11/2023 at 2:00 PM, yowzagabowza said:

That would be great but I have a strong suspicion we'll have to start fresh. Hopefully cutscenes can finally be skipped, at least.

Thats literally all I want before I have to do 3 more playthroughs just for the hardcore set of trophies. And now a fourth for contagion mode. We need a skippable cutscene option so bad.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, jonesey46 said:

Blink twice if you're being held hostage. We can help you.

Thank you, I'm fine. As an adult man (LV42) I just have too much time for games. At the end of 2020 I started doing 100%, sometimes I feel like an addiction or OCD ... and I can just let go ... I can right? I should, instead of forcing myself to play crap like CP DLC.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Squarevii87 said:

bunch of morons

they dont like it, they dont enjoy the game but they are still here 

obsessed with trophies

they play games for trophies and not FOR THE GAMEPLAY,THE EXPERIENCE,THE ENTERTAINMENT

trophies are ok but they come second

Tbh it was just a lighthearted jk. I can understand people complaining when the game is sub par as the general consensus seems to be.

7 minutes ago, Calypox said:

Nobody forces you to be part of this thread either...

If you're so annoyed by the people here then just ignore the forum for example.

;)

The additional repleis bring nothing to the discussion. Without targeting anyone, they all boil down to :

"More trophies bad because game bad. I am unhappy".

It's a completely fair and valid sentiment to have regarding the situation but when it's the fourteenth exact comment in the thread, it dilutes the conversation and adds nothing an upvote (or rep boost, whatever the green button is called) would do in its stead. 

Like OP said, the point of the thread is to share best practices, tips, and known exploits to help others

• Like 1