Contagion Mode

TrophyChief

14 minutes ago, x410xDragon said:

Just finished Chapter 4 and got extremely lucky with not only the Waterslide, but also the fans. At some points during the Waterslide, I swore it was a death, but instead it just grazed me not once, but twice. At least that part is over, but the second Two-Head Fight feels like it is going to be annoying to get through unless there is a way to bypass that; though, from what I have read, you have to fight him along with back-up which is a pain in the ass. So far I have my Hand Cannon paired with Damage + Stability, and will probably just get by with Level 1 damage on the Baton - as it seems like it is enough; plus, I can use the money towards other things. 

What I suggest to save bullets on the last chapter is spawn the double headed and dodge them into the fan, saves on ammo for the last boss, the others , it’s luck.

On 10/4/2023 at 2:12 PM, BestUsername---- said:

I don’t think they patched it yet as the last update of the game on their website was July 25th, 2023. The person using the exploit was first posted July 22. Still, can anyone confirm if the Krafton online/offline cloud exploit still works? Or at the very least confirm the PS4 version is currently on version 5.04? It seems PS4 version 1.26 is update 5.04 on the site as they were both released July 25.

https://callisto.sds.com/en-us/news/patch_notes

Update testing PS5 save exploit. Version 1.027.000

Begin Chapter 2 Time - 14:58:33 Start -> 15:04:03 Death -> Restart -> 14:58:33 Start

Can confirm the exploit still works. (Oct 2023). Here is what I did to achieve the trophy solely using the in-game cloud system (no USB or PS+ required)

- Start Game Online

- Start Chapter Online

- Wait for white circle to disappear

- Go into PS settings turn off network completely (play offline)

- Go to near end of Chapter and turn on network

- Complete Chapter 

- Make note of in-game time in the "load game" menu

- Repeat Start Chapter Online

If killed

- Pause at death animation

- Make note of current time in the "load game" menu, should be same as start of chapter

- Delete the save from "load game" in the pause menu

- Close game immediately

- Turn on network and open game

- Make sure time is not different, then follow steps normally

- Start Chapter Online

I'll probably update this post every now and then in the future where the safest place to turn off/on network.

Turn on network -> Turn off network (objective - description)

CH1. Return to the Cockpit - when you are climbing towards the cockpit -> CH2. Explore the Cell - when you wake up in the cell

CH2. Find Exit - after the cutscene with Ferris, before gated door -> CH3. Locate Elias in Security past the hologram and down the first set of stairs

CH3. Find the Hatch - after the trap before descending the ladder -> CH4. Follow the Red Pipe - past the pipes, down 2 ladders, into the area with the box

CH4. Look for the Fallen Walkway - past grinder room, before climbing up to Elias -> CH5. Find Elias - walk forwards, a little past fallen rock and light source

CH5. Follow Dani (second time) - after free fall section, pause at cutscene -> CH6. - Follow Dani (third time) -  forwards, after jumping rail and cutscene

CH6. Locate Arcas Station - after killing the boss, before getting off elevator -> CH7. Locate the Colony - before the collectable in your way

CH7. Find Out Where You Are - immediately after the Ferris fight before interacting with console -> CH8. Leave the Cell - when you exit your cell

CH8. Run to the Escape Pods! - probably don't need to, but turn the network back on when you reach the pod

Thank you @BestUsername----for this detailed information, it was a massive help much appreciated.

Just got both trophies for Contagion Mode, followed all of your instructions.

I went for both of this trophies after almost 5 full playthrough in a short period of time, so enemy locations wasn´t really a problem specially after both Hardcore runs.

In my opinion, compared to Hardcore this was a breeze - I had over 50 bullets at one point in Inventory, upgraded everything I needed and still had some credits left.

I got to final boss without dying a single time - until Ferris second phase One-Shoted me during a wierd camera placement and couldn´t dodge.

Well, it's done I'm glad to put this one to rest.

Good luck everyone.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2023 at 8:12 PM, BestUsername---- said:

Update testing PS5 save exploit. Version 1.027.000

Begin Chapter 2 Time - 14:58:33 Start -> 15:04:03 Death -> Restart -> 14:58:33 Start

Can confirm the exploit still works. (Oct 2023). Here is what I did to achieve the trophy solely using the in-game cloud system (no USB or PS+ required)

- Start Game Online

- Start Chapter Online

- Wait for white circle to disappear

- Go into PS settings turn off network completely (play offline)

- Go to near end of Chapter and turn on network

- Complete Chapter 

- Make note of in-game time in the "load game" menu

- Repeat Start Chapter Online

I know you explicitly stated "PS5 save exploit", but is this doable on PS4?

Just finished Contagion Mode. Didn't get No Death trophy :( Turned off auto save sync, and uploaded my save to the cloud every chapter and downloaded them when I died. But didn't go offline once. Do we actually need to go offline?

EDIT: Gave it another go with Contagion NG+ and managed to finish it with 0 deaths and got the trophy :D I did go offline/online as specified in this guide but used PS+ save cloud just in case.

Edited by Aeternull
Typo

This thread was actually pretty hilarious because I feel the pain of the people who are just annoyed with having to play the game 5 or so times. It's a good enough game for one playthrough, maybe two, but for 5 or more? Nah. I want to get 100% like everyone else but I don't have the energy to bother with 5 playthroughs of a 6/10 game.

On 7/7/2023 at 8:49 AM, Optinooby said:

That works does it, you can do NG Easy and then NG+ Max from that same save??

You would have thought you can only NG+ on the same difficulty or below

That's what's so weird. You can usually NG+ any difficulty. I'm not sure why we just can't NG+ Hardcode and then stack them. They really forced you to do so many playthroughs. That's what's most frustrating.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RAFG_EMC said:

Is it possible to do the you belong here trophy using only the cloud save backup on the ps5? At the beginning of each chapter I exit the game and send the save to the cloud, if I die then I download the save and continue playing, does it work that way?

Yes - that is exactly what I did. Be sure to disable the Auto-Sync to the Cloud through your console settings so that if you die, it does not save over a run you did not die on. 

3 hours ago, Culturegeek said:

This thread was actually pretty hilarious because I feel the pain of the people who are just annoyed with having to play the game 5 or so times. It's a good enough game for one playthrough, maybe two, but for 5 or more? Nah. I want to get 100% like everyone else but I don't have the energy to bother with 5 playthroughs of a 6/10 game.

It is a mode which is not entirely needed, tbh. Hardcore Mode was bad enough and Contagion Mode is just overkill to the point to where, sure, it sounds cool, but no one likes perma-death stuff. I am sure it has been mentioned already, but a death counter would have been nice to have. To go through the entire mode, get to the end, beat the game, then not get the "no death" trophy is absolutely terrifying. 

Funny thing Callisto Protocol, you never actually notice how many insta-kill spots there are in the game until you play through Contagion mode. Looking at you Water Slide section in Chapter 4. 

On 10/23/2023 at 4:08 PM, x410xDragon said:

Yes - that is exactly what I did. Be sure to disable the Auto-Sync to the Cloud through your console settings so that if you die, it does not save over a run you did not die on. 

Just to double check, if you’re solely using PS+ cloud/USB to upload your saves, do you not have to worry about this Krafton cloud crap at all?

I’ve read through several pages here but ngl this thread is really confusing to me, and after 5 playthroughs I still have no idea what this Krafton cloud thing even is. Is this feature something that is unique to Contagion mode only, or does this feature only become something to worry about if you create an account and Krafton ID?

I would prefer to avoid I entirely if I can. I’m on PS4, and my plan — and it sounds like you had the exact same one — is simply to exit the game at the start of every chapter, upload my save data to PS+/USB, then continue, and fall back on that save whenever I die. I figured I’d also play entirely offline as an extra safeguard (only reconnecting briefly to upload chapter checkpoints), and hopefully not have to worry about the Krafton saves overwriting mine.

Will this work? 

It's not that confusing guys just stick to one method and forget about the other. 

Basically, USB/PS+Cloud = Play offline. Krafton Cloud = Play online/offline.

If you want to go USB/PS+ Cloud route. Play the game entirely offline, when gameplay in a Chapter starts immediately (not before, not in the middle) quit the game and upload the save to your back-up of choice. Reuploading your save after every death. Never go online to mitigate risks.

If you want to use the Krafton Cloud route. Follow my guide on page 9. 

3 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Just to double check, if you’re solely using PS+ cloud/USB to upload your saves, do you not have to worry about this Krafton cloud crap at all?

You don't need to create a Krafton ID to have access to their cloud save. Meaning if you want to do the Krafton cloud method you cut out the middleman of backup saving/loading personal saves.

It also means that even if you don't create an ID you still have to play offline. If you don't create a Krafton ID and go the USB/PS+ Cloud route the Krafton cloud would still overwrite your personal saves causing a mess.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

I’ve read through several pages here but ngl this thread is really confusing to me, and after 5 playthroughs I still have no idea what this Krafton cloud thing even is. Is this feature something that is unique to Contagion mode only, or does this feature only become something to worry about if you create an account and Krafton ID?

I would prefer to avoid I entirely if I can. I’m on PS4, and my plan — and it sounds like you had the exact same one — is simply to exit the game at the start of every chapter, upload my save data to PS+/USB, then continue, and fall back on that save whenever I die. I figured I’d also play entirely offline as an extra safeguard (only reconnecting briefly to upload chapter checkpoints), and hopefully not have to worry about the Krafton saves overwriting mine.

Will this work? 

That is correct, and yes, so long as you disable the PS Cloud Sync on your PS4, any save you have uploaded to the cloud (that has not died) will not overwrite the PS Cloud save if you die, and in turn should unlock the trophy for not dying at the end, if done correctly. I never played the game offline, and both trophies unlocked after completing Contagion mode. 

Honestly if it bothers you to use the PS Cloud (or do not trust my method), @BestUsername---- does a great job in breaking it down in their post(s): 

13 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

It's not that confusing guys just stick to one method and forget about the other. Basically, USB/PS+Cloud = Play offline. Krafton Cloud = Play online/offline.

If you want to go USB/PS+ Cloud route. Play the game entirely offline, when gameplay in a Chapter starts immediately (not before, not in the middle) quit the game and upload the save to your back-up of choice. Reuploading your save after every death. Never go online to mitigate risks.

If you want to use the Krafton Cloud route. Follow my guide on page 9. 

Do what you find helps you out the most, @dieselmanchild.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BestUsername---- said:

You don't need to create a Krafton ID to have access to their cloud save. Meaning if you want to do the Krafton cloud method you cut out the middleman of backup saving/loading personal saves.

It also means that even if you don't create an ID you still have to play offline. If you don't create a Krafton ID and go the USB/PS+ Cloud route the Krafton cloud would still overwrite your personal saves causing a mess.

This is what has been so confusing to me. Everyone is talking about this Krafton cloud feature and I figured that maybe you need to actually create a Krafton ID to access this feature, or maybe it’s available on PS5 only or something (I’m on PS4) , because I don’t see this cloud or cross-save feature anywhere at all.

I looked under every menu in the game and it’s not in any of them as far as I can see, and there’s no option to upload your save files into their cloud server or access cross-save capability or anything like that which I’ve seen on other games with this feature. There’s only one related item in the options menu called “Krafton ID” and clicking this gives me a QR code and prompts me to sync with their website, which I haven’t done of course.

So far PS+/USB is working just fine for me. I haven’t even bothered to go offline tbh. I died once so far but didn’t notice any discrepancies with the time stamps on the save file so I’m sure it’s all good.

Edited by dieselmanchild

17 minutes ago, markyoung99 said:

I haven’t had any bugs or issues until I started contagion mode today. system crashed for the first time at the end of chapter 3. I’m fuming 😤 !

Is this classed as a death? Can I just restart chapter 3 or should I delete my save and download my psn cloud save. 

It's probably not counted as a death, but the best way to check that is to see if the time on your autosave corresponds to when you finished chapter 2. If it's later than that, then you'll know it has saved a death.

5 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

This is what has been so confusing to me. Everyone is talking about this Krafton cloud feature and I figured that maybe you need to actually create a Krafton ID to access this feature, or maybe it’s available on PS5 only or something (I’m on PS4) , because I don’t see this cloud or cross-save feature anywhere at all

Krafton ID and Krafton Cloud are 2 separate entities. You can completely forget about Krafton ID. Creating a Krafton ID allows you to sign-up to their newsletter and grants you a skin. Krafton Cloud is available to everyone regardless of signing up/logging in to a Krafton ID. If you have Contagion you automatically have the Krafton Cloud. It is available on all platforms and generations.

When you start Contagion you should see a save called Contagion Save in the load game menu, this is the Krafton Cloud save. The Krafton Cloud save is a Contagion mode exclusive save. It's not a cross-save (autopop) save. The Krafton Cloud save cannot be altered or manually saved while in game. The cheese comes from having to do work arounds outside the game. If you play offline this acts as a local save that can be replaced with a backup USB/PS+ Cloud save. If you play online this automatically acts as a cloud save that has a chance to replace your USB/PS+ Cloud saves inadvertently. That is the reason why it is imperative you play offline when doing your own backup method.

I would recommend if you're not that far you restart your game as there is a chance that one death overwrote your own save. If you think you're far enough you can just do it NG+. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BestUsername---- said:

Krafton ID and Krafton Cloud are 2 separate entities. You can completely forget about Krafton ID. Creating a Krafton ID allows you to sign-up to their newsletter and grants you a skin. Krafton Cloud is available to everyone regardless of signing up/logging in to a Krafton ID. If you have Contagion you automatically have the Krafton Cloud. It is available on all platforms and generations.

When you start Contagion you should see a save called Contagion Save in the load game menu, this is the Krafton Cloud save. The Krafton Cloud save is a Contagion mode exclusive save. It's not a cross-save (autopop) save. The Krafton Cloud save cannot be altered or manually saved while in game. The cheese comes from having to do work arounds outside the game. If you play offline this acts as a local save that can be replaced with a backup USB/PS+ Cloud save. If you play online this automatically acts as a cloud save that has a chance to replace your USB/PS+ Cloud saves inadvertently. That is the reason why it is imperative you play offline when doing your own backup method.

I would recommend if you're not that far you restart your game as there is a chance that one death overwrote your own save. If you think you're far enough you can just do it NG+. 

Thank you very much for taking the time to explain this. Like I said in an earlier post, I speculated it might be a feature unique to Contagion Mode because I had never encountered anything to do with the cloud saves prior to grabbing the DLC packs. I tried Googling for info on how the Krafton cloud works and didn’t find anything helpful, which is how I ended up here asking dumb questions.

Funny enough I finally got a glimpse of how this “phantom cloud” works today by accident when I put my console in rest mode for a few hours. I was sitting at the start of the chapter, went into rest mode, and when I came back I continued playing like normal. Thank god I checked the Load menu about halfway through the chapter, because I immediately noticed my save file was now called something like “Cloud Save” instead of “Contagion Save” and it had completely different time stamps with an additional 5 hours added to my play time. I caught it just in time to delete it and restart the chapter. 

I finally understand how it works now, but it doesn’t matter anymore as I ended up popping both trophies without issue lol. Appreciate all the help though man, all your responses and instructions for players throughout this thread have been very informative and helpful.

Edited by dieselmanchild

On 3/14/2023 at 10:46 AM, psycho_clank314 said:

I find it hilarious that some people just can't deal with not having a 100% profile. Got the plat and NG+ runs, not worried about doing HC at the moment. Maybe I'll do it later, maybe I won't. You people can just play it once and move on you know?

I was a little sad that you can't just do a new game + run with the new modes, but then I thought on it and it does make sense they didn't want to make the challenge modes a lot easier.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems to be pot luck as to whether you get hit by one of the fans. One time I can do it without hitting anything while others I catch a fan blade.
I usually try to slide towards a gap, if the fan blade has just appeared on the left I slide towards that but if it is half-way or more then go right.

Playing Contagion mode for the no death trophy & was shot through a crate during the patrolling robot segment. Finally did it via by going offline (save spam).

Started a third time to see if I could shoot the robot  & this time shot from the ‘doorway’ moving behind the barrier which worked better. 
NG+ so used the assault rifle.
Video can explain it better: Kill Robot 

• 2 weeks later...

I want to die, lol. I've finished the chapter 4, passed those fucking horrible fans, I've started chapter 5, almost at the end no problem ! I was sleepy so I put my PS5 on rest mode : THERE WAS AN UPDATE OF THE PS5 !!!!!!! I never wanted to do this bitch ! It was automatic ! I was almost sleeping when I saw that the update was installing I was like no ya kidding me right ? An update turning off your PS5 ! 

Got back to the game and had to redo from the begining of the chapter 5 ! I was at the end almost, just wanted the REST MODEEEEEEE !!!! So I wanted to get back to the end, but I was tired as fuck ! What a dumb idea to play like this ! I've died at the FIRST ennemy !!!!!! I never died by an ennemy before XDDDD So I'm doing the method above with the krafton cloud and the last save put me back at ..... chapter 4 and not 5 !!!!! I don't understand cause it was saved, I saw it in the menu before putting me back offline ! So now I have to go chapter 4 again, all this farm and all and this risky fan, I HATE that part and I have to do it again cause of that ????? 

My life is full of funny thing like this, could write a book !!!! XDDD 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Naruto06660 said:

My life is full of funny thing like this, could write a book !!!! XDDD 

Man, I would sure love it if all of my life problems were of the same magnitude as this.

A tip that can help for the fans in the water slide section is activating the High Contrast mode through the Accessibility Settings. This makes all obstacles during this section yellow. It looks ugly but it makes it a bit easier to avoid them. Also it helps to quickly pause and unpause before you go through the fans. It gives you a few seconds to figure out where the blades will be positioned and allows you for a slight relocation.

14 hours ago, ZOLANTON said:

Man, I would sure love it if all of my life problems were of the same magnitude as this.

I meant my gamer life, not my real life. Lost my 2 horses in the past 2 years, among other shit so I would like that all my real problem were the same that my ingame too .. 

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that. BTW I think I know why the chapter haven't been saved : there was an update of the PS5 to dl, I think that disconnected me from the krafton cloud, this is the only explanation I can find