Ps3/xbox account

Maniacal_Fiend

I did have a ps3 console for awhile until I sold it, but now the issue I have is that I don't know what PSN ID I used or what the password is to login into my PSN account. 

If I buy a new ps3 console would I have to create a new PSN account to be able to login into the account so I can continue playing older ps3 game and trophy hunting? 

I have a similar issue for my xbox account I know my gamertag but I don't know what email or password I used for my account so would I need to make a new account if I had a xbox console and wanted to login and use it? 

I forget what the exact time limit is but if you don't login to an account for x number of years, Sony and Microsoft will disable it. If you can't remember your login details, you can try to contact Sony/Microsoft and see if they can help but you may well have to start over from scratch with a new account.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Maniacal_Fiend said:

I did have a ps3 console for awhile until I sold it, but now the issue I have is that I don't know what PSN ID I used or what the password is to login into my PSN account. 

If I buy a new ps3 console would I have to create a new PSN account to be able to login into the account so I can continue playing older ps3 game and trophy hunting? 

I have a similar issue for my xbox account I know my gamertag but I don't know what email or password I used for my account so would I need to make a new account if I had a xbox console and wanted to login and use it? 

Do you remember the e-mail address used for the account? If so, use the forgot password option. Otherwise you'll have to contact support. Playstation support would need the serial number of the old PS3 to help you recover the account

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I forget what the exact time limit is but if you don't login to an account for x number of years, Sony and Microsoft will disable it so the PSN/Xbox Live ID can be used by someone else. If you can't remember your login details, you can try to contact Sony/Microsoft and see if they can help but you may well have to start over from scratch with a new account.

They don't let the username get used by someone else after disabling the account, that's always gonna remain unique to the account that created it. To the OP if you don't remember the email address and date of birth associated with the PSN account then you'll have to create a new one but on the PS3 you're not allowed to create accounts anymore and have to create the account on a PS4, PS5 or the PlayStation website but considering you're using PSNProfiles you definitely have access to one of those options. 

• Like 3

I sold the ps3 console that I had so I would have to buy a new ps3 console or a xbox console if I wanted to use my account for my ps3 or xbox accounts. 

I have a different PSN ID to my ps4 PSN iD. 

One of the things i'm confused about is if I make a new ps3 PSN ID with the email address associated with my ps4 would it update ps3 trophies I unlocked? 

Can I use the same email address for ps3 & ps4?

Which playstation website do I need to use to make a new account I can use on ps3?

For my xbox account I know my gamertag, but I have no idea what email address I used  or what password I used (I was able to change my password to be able to login into the true achievemets website so I know my Gamertag due to that) 

If I have to make new accounts then, that's fine, I know there's not much people can do but I appreciate the help anyway, thanks. 

Edited by Maniacal_Fiend

11 minutes ago, Maniacal_Fiend said:

I sold the ps3 console that I had so I would have to buy a new ps3 console or a xbox console if I wanted to use my account for my ps3 or xbox accounts. 

I have a different PSN ID to my ps4 PSN iD. 

One of the things i#m confused about is if I make a new ps3 PSN ID with the email address associated with my ps4 would it update ps3 trophies I unlocked? 

Can I use the same email address for ps3 & ps4?

Which playstation website do I need to use to make a new account I can use on ps3?

For my xbox account I know my gamertag, but I have no idea what email address I used  or what password I used (I was able to change my password to be able to login into the true achievemets website so I know my Gamertag due to that) 

If I have to make new accounts then, that's fine, I know there's not much people can do but I appreciate the help anyway, thanks. 

I’m not sure if it will let you make a new ID with an e-mail address that’s already in use; I doubt it will. Even if it does, that’s not going to sync the trophies, as they are unique to the Playstation ID rather than the e-mail address.

You can use the same account and e-mail address across all PlayStation devices that have a system-base User ID (PS3, PS4, PS5, PS Vita/PSTV.)

To create a new PSN account, you can visit playstation.com and search for “Account Creation,” then follow the links.

If all you have is the gamertag for the Xbox, you’re going to need to call their support (which is 1-800-469-9269 “800-4MY-XBOX” last I checked), and support may also be able to help with your Sony issue (They’re at 1-800-345-7669 “800-345-SONY” last I had to call them.) Both are also reachable via their websites (“Contact Us,” then “Support”) though may require you to log in to use those features, which is not helpful when the issue is logging in to start with.

Good luck.

Edited by Ashande

14 minutes ago, Maniacal_Fiend said:

One of the things i#m confused about is if I make a new ps3 PSN ID with the email address associated with my ps4 would it update ps3 trophies I unlocked?

What to be confused about?

Just log in on ps3 with playstation account you created on ps4. 

Playstation account is an playstation account. There are not separate per console and I see no reason they would be.

Same with just logging in to new xbox using your account from previous one.

I have a few alternative email addresses I can use, so that's fine, thanks for your help. 

I didn't know you can use the same email or account across all Playstation devices otherwise I would have done that. 

I wasn't sure if I could login into a ps3 with my ps4 psn account, it's been awhile since i've used a ps3. 

Edited by Maniacal_Fiend

31 minutes ago, Maniacal_Fiend said:

I have a few alternative email addresses I can use, so that's fine, thanks for your help. 

I didn't know you can use the same email or account across all Playstation devices otherwise I would have done that. 

I wasn't sure if I could login into a ps3 with my ps4 psn account, it's been awhile since i've used a ps3. 

Well this is not Nintendo lol. Look around here, everybody is earning PS3, 4, 5, Vita, VR, VR2 trophies on one account. It’s fine, use one for all devices, unless you’re some kind of profile purist weirdo

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, fbdbh said:

Well this is not Nintendo lol. Look around here, everybody is earning PS3, 4, 5, Vita, VR, VR2 trophies on one account. It’s fine, use one for all devices, unless you’re some kind of profile purist weirdo

He himself has ps3 and ps4 trophies on 1 account 

If you have access to all your old email accounts, go to the PlayStation site and do password recovery and enter every possible email address. Then check the respective email accounts to see if you got a password reset email.

I had to do this recently to recover my UK account to go buy a UK PSN stack game.

I assume the same can be done with Xbox.

• 2 weeks later...