Share your license test experiences

Rebourne07

I can't even remember how much time I spent finally getting S3 done with 58.297.

I had to go with this guys settings from this video. I already tried using TC 3-0, but I couldn't break 58.5.

Using the brake balance at +3 near the rear seemed to be what helped me the most.

Edited by ViralSyN

I just breezed through S10 with the new handling physics, controller player here. Just achieved gold after 295km. Just keep trying until you find yourself confortable with the wet circuit.
The key on this license is not braking too hard and lifting the throttle rather than braking. Also, do stay in the dry lane and try to only push full throttle when your car is not turning.

I know 295km is still quite a lot for a simple license, but I felt that I had full control on my gold attempt. And I didn't feel that before the update, that made me "forget" that the license existed. Good luck!

On 5/15/2023 at 11:28 AM, HeyHeyItsSupreme said:

I just breezed through S10 with the new handling physics, controller player here. Just achieved gold after 295km. Just keep trying until you find yourself confortable with the wet circuit.
The key on this license is not braking too hard and lifting the throttle rather than braking. Also, do stay in the dry lane and try to only push full throttle when your car is not turning.

I know 295km is still quite a lot for a simple license, but I felt that I had full control on my gold attempt. And I didn't feel that before the update, that made me "forget" that the license existed. Good luck!

Well that's a little reassuring. I'm still stuck on S-4 and S-7. I haven't even thought about S-10 after barely getting the bronze pre-update and focusing on other tests where I still needed gold.

Which one did you find to be the most difficult?

I've been suck on IA-10 for quite some time now. Wish I didn't stop playing before update 1.31 the times were changed, and now it feels impossible to get the new time needed. My best time is a 56.792.  trying to get a 56.000. That will not happen for me, especially with a controller  

• Like 1

I've just finished the gold challenges on licenses after update, using controller. My god what a challenge this was...

S-3 

S-7 

S-10

I'm glad I don't have to do these challenges ever again. My thoughts are with anyone attempting these challenges. They're do able but you need top tier patience and commitment. 

• Like 1

On 18/05/2023 at 3:54 PM, plafix68 said:

Well that's a little reassuring. I'm still stuck on S-4 and S-7. I haven't even thought about S-10 after barely getting the bronze pre-update and focusing on other tests where I still needed gold.

Which one did you find to be the most difficult?

Sorry for taking so long to answer, did not receive the notification. My advice right now is trying to gold the remaining licenses, and only after that, focus on S-10.
I can't really recall which ones I found difficult, I earned gold in all licenses EXCEPT IA-10 and S-10 back in March 2022. I barely got bronze in S10 too. I remember spending one afternoon trying to get to silver and made it. After that, I didn't touch IA-10 and S-10 for more than one year xD.

Try to watch video guides on YT, specially from  @SkullBusters. He made updated videos with the new physics of every single license.

On 23.5.2023 at 0:00 AM, ii_RamseyxXD said:

I've just finished the gold challenges on licenses after update, using controller. My god what a challenge this was...

S-3 

S-7 

S-10

I'm glad I don't have to do these challenges ever again. My thoughts are with anyone attempting these challenges. They're do able but you need top tier patience and commitment. 

Awesome man, congrats. I am stuck on S4...

I spent about 1-2h on S3 and it annoyed me so I stopped after 1h on s4.

How long did S5 - S10 take you in total?
Especially, how long for s7 and s10 alone?

I am really doubting if I should do this.

The Super license in the rain was the hardest for me, and took a few retries, using a controller I would recommend to use traction assistance and never brake or accelerate to strong while cornering, learn the track and be precise with the breaking points, you can check out my lap below:

On 24/05/2023 at 1:05 AM, servus99 said:

Awesome man, congrats. I am stuck on S4...

I spent about 1-2h on S3 and it annoyed me so I stopped after 1h on s4.

How long did S5 - S10 take you in total?
Especially, how long for s7 and s10 alone?

I am really doubting if I should do this.

Sorry for the late reply man. S4 took me the best part of 3hrs you need a near on perfect drive for the time. I found it best with 0 tsc except the square section I switched to 1 tsc. I found that helped massively. I also had I think rear breaking either +2 or -2. I also had both ghosts on for my best time and the lap time of the game.

After S4 I smashed the rest in the same day, started at 9am ish finished around 10pm with breaks in between challenges. 

Once you’re past 4 you’ll regret not doing it. Just have some patience look at the trophy Tom comment sections for advice it helped me a lot.

You've got this bro

I'm a late adopter of the game so I had to do the licenses with the new lower time requirements. S2 gave me the hardest time for whatever reason. That one took maybe 4 or 5 hours across 2 nights. It was the only one where I had to use manual transmission. S7 and S10 had its challenges, but they didn't give me as much difficulty as S2. I would suggest using the assists for S10, and only brake and accelerate when the car is straight. You can also hit the wet curbs without repercussion as long as you don't accelerate while you do it.

I also followed a video guide on YouTube showing the tests post-update. I would pause my game before a turn, look at the video to see where he hit the brakes, the speed he went around the corner, etc. and I would try to replicate that. Rinse and repeat for each turn. And then practice remembering the braking points and turn speeds.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ViceKingz said:

I'm a late adopter of the game so I had to do the licenses with the new lower time requirements. S2 gave me the hardest time for whatever reason. That one took maybe 4 or 5 hours across 2 nights. It was the only one where I had to use manual transmission. S7 and S10 had its challenges, but they didn't give me as much difficulty as S2. I would suggest using the assists for S10, and only brake and accelerate when the car is straight. You can also hit the wet curbs without repercussion as long as you don't accelerate while you do it.

I also followed a video guide on YouTube showing the tests post-update. I would pause my game before a turn, look at the video to see where he hit the brakes, the speed he went around the corner, etc. and I would try to replicate that. Rinse and repeat for each turn. And then practice remembering the braking points and turn speeds.

S2 is the trial that broke me and caused me to uninstall  the game.  Reading this post reinvigorated some hope though because I never tried switching it to manual. Do you remove your other assist settings for S2?

Maybe I’ll reinstall it this summer and start on a clean slate. These time trials are the most difficult skill dependent challenges that I have ever encountered in  trophy hunting. 

Edited by kkulifay
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, kkulifay said:

S2 is the trial that broke me and caused me to uninstall  the game.  Reading this post reinvigorated some hope though because I never tried switching it to manual. Do you remove your other assist settings for S2?

Maybe I’ll reinstall it this summer and start on a clean slate. These time trials are the most difficult skill dependent challenges that I have ever encountered in  trophy hunting. 

S2 the settings I used were,

Controller Sensitivity 7

Traction Control 0

Active Stability Management OFF

Braking Area ON

Driving Line Assistance ALL

Transmission AUTO

I also had both ghosts on with a OFFSET PRESET of 0.1/0.2 

My time for S2 was a 1.58.603

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ii_RamseyxXD said:

S2 the settings I used were,

Controller Sensitivity 7

Traction Control 0

Active Stability Management OFF

Braking Area ON

Driving Line Assistance ALL

Transmission AUTO

I also had both ghosts on with a OFFSET PRESET of 0.1/0.2 

My time for S2 was a 1.58.603

Thank you!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kkulifay said:

Here's the video of the fellow I followed for S2 (as well as his other S tests). At 2:38, he goes through his assist settings that I followed, except I turned driving line on and kept transmission at manual. I also turned on only the demo ghost.

Edited by ViceKingz
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/6/2023 at 4:08 PM, jonathon999 said:

Finally got gold in all the licenses! S10, S4 and S7 were the hardest for me each taking about half a day. Time to wait for the three legendary cars to show up now...

Same for me, S10 then S7 by far the most difficult. I spent days grinding them in the evenings. Finally found a thread for S10 that recommended:

TCS 5

Counter steer assist on

Steering sensitivity 7

That’s the combo that finally eeked out a 24:59.918 or something like that for me, it was VERY close. Satisfying but also frustrating. One of the harder trophies for me I’ve ever done. The John Dark Souls of racing if you will haha

• Like 3

Man S7 has been kicking my ass over the last day or two. I average around 0.100 off gold each run. I appreciate the tips shared in this thread, hopefully they can get me through the pain of S7 and S10 (when I get to it). ?

• Like 2

Finished the licenses 2 times several months ago and I can say as a GT veteran that for me is like a 6/10. There are hard test but one of the advantage here is that you can use automatic for all the tests. For me this is the harder tests:

1. S-4 is the hardest because if you slightly touch the barriers you will get disqualified.

2. S-7 due to the strict time and you need to go really fast. One advice is there are couple of curves that can be taken at high speed just by lifting the accelerator for half a second and steering, also late breaking helps since is a formula car it has good brakes.

3. IA-10 in this test you need to go fast and try to use the most of the borders as possible, also try to not brake too hard and instead release the accelerator to take the turns.

Special mention to S-10. The test is not really that hard the issue is that track is wet but you can see which areas of the track are wet and need to avoid it. Also using the countersteering assist to strong is highly recommendable in this track.

If I remember my setup was:

Transmission: automatic

TCS: 1 (5 for S-7)

Countersteering: weak (strong for S-10)

Controller sensibility 5 to 7

Brake ballance: 0 ( for S-7 use a stronger rear brakes)

ASM: on

• Like 2

5 hours ago, cHuChO2484 said:

Finished the licenses 2 times several months ago and I can say as a GT veteran that for me is like a 6/10. There are hard test but one of the advantage here is that you can use automatic for all the tests. For me this is the harder tests:

1. S-4 is the hardest because if you slightly touch the barriers you will get disqualified.

2. S-7 due to the strict time and you need to go really fast. One advice is there are couple of curves that can be taken at high speed just by lifting the accelerator for half a second and steering, also late breaking helps since is a formula car it has good brakes.

3. IA-10 in this test you need to go fast and try to use the most of the borders as possible, also try to not brake too hard and instead release the accelerator to take the turns.

Special mention to S-10. The test is not really that hard the issue is that track is wet but you can see which areas of the track are wet and need to avoid it. Also using the countersteering assist to strong is highly recommendable in this track.

If I remember my setup was:

Transmission: automatic

TCS: 1 (5 for S-7)

Countersteering: weak (strong for S-10)

Controller sensibility 5 to 7

Brake ballance: 0 ( for S-7 use a stronger rear brakes)

ASM: on

Hm, I'm gonna give this a try for S7 as what you have said is almost opposite to some of the guides I have seen. Hopefully I'll have an easier time with it now. Thanks for sharing the settings you used ?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

S-2 felt exhausting and I quit the game after finally completing this task

S-3 back after two months, felt impossible, but somehow the successful attempt was 0.4s faster than needed

S-4 was hard, but somehow it was fun now that I remember. It felt like a little journey

S-7 felt very hard for quite some time, but once you realize that you need to go through the corners as fast as possible, you suddenly begin to see so many opportunities to improve your time. And there is room for small mistakes, I mean, just look at best times. It certainly felt that way. And again, it was fun - the car is so fast

S-9 and here the fun finally goes away. For some reason it was very hard for me. Just couldn't see where I could improve. Somehow barely made it with TCS manipulation through the lap

S-10 again, not fun. I mean, the track is good, but not when it's slippery. It was just too much effort per time, you almost have no room to rest through the lap. After some time was stuck at +1.7s and was not able to improve anymore. But then I changed TCS to 5 and turned on my ghost with +1.7s and it helped a lot.

Overall, despite its difficulty for an average gamer, this mode is what sucked me into this game. It's like Bloodborne - hard, but addictive at the same time.

Edited by Alatielko
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/30/2023 at 8:15 AM, ViceKingz said:

Here's the video of the fellow I followed for S2 (as well as his other S tests). At 2:38, he goes through his assist settings that I followed, except I turned driving line on and kept transmission at manual. I also turned on only the demo ghost.

so im stuck at this for like days...

I do everything like in the video but im not sure im always to slow or dont get the cornering right...

any other tips from users here ?
Im loosing my mind and after like 30 minutes of trying i have to get of the game or im going insane.

My best time was 0,200 seconds over the time i need for gold but i never again got close to that.

• Like 1

Currently on the licences and got gold on all tests apart from s10 (just started). I‘ve always used the demo ghost and configured +0,4s, so I knew when to turn or break. When I got stuck I‘ve usually looked at the demonstration and tried to memorize the speed used during cornering, where I lost too much time on the ghost. That helped me a lot.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Schrimpey said:

Thank you. 
i did S2 After 5 days 

and now im Stuck at S3 haha.

i really cant attempt it that long im gettin salty as hell :S

Hey, at least you got past S2. That’s where I hit my roadblock. Waiting on a future patch to revamp the physics and readjust back previous time trial gold requirements jk 😂 Or waiting to get better at racing games in general lol. Wishful thinking 😆 

• Like 2