Progress/stats reset

H4XShOtS

Just thought I'd throw this out here just in case anyone has had a similar issue or knows of anyway to solve this problem. I experienced a crash, like many I've had over the previous 40 hours on this game, but this time it reset all my badges to 0%. I now crash almost every time going into a game as well. My friend who I recently tried to help earn the easy miscellaneous trophies experienced the same bug and subsequently couldn't earn any of the 'do this X amount of times' trophies. I don't think I'll be able to finish this game as I'm pretty sure my matches will now be stuck at 0. Even if I can't get help for my own glitch, I hope this lets people know that this is a glitch currently within the game (not sure how long it's been affecting people). Just for extra details I still have my overall account level which is weird, but even if it has just reset my badges and not my games played, I'm unable to play anyway because of repeated crashes. 

• Like 3

I'm going to leave this here, just to help anybody worrying or panicking that they are unable to platinum this game and hopefully offer some tips and support as to what I have learned. Essentially it began as a data breach or some kind of glitch starting late november/early december 2022. If you started around this time or earlier, it might be worth checking your account to see if you have been reset to level 1. If you have, there are two outcomes: 
A. You can just carry on where you left off, despite the trophy progress resetting.
B. You can no longer level up and trophy progress will be frozen. 

If you have neither of these problem and are just starting the game, then there's a few other things to be aware of. Your progress can still reset back to level 1. If this happens, trophy progress is wiped. However, your badges vanishing, like I mentioned earlier is not something to be worried about as it's common (or so I'm told), but if these badges are wiped and you are unable to rank up past level 1 despite playing matches then trophy progress is sadly frozen.

The game will crash, a LOT. I have phases where the game will crash upwards of 30-40 times after the initial crash that wiped my badges. This however, comes and goes. I have played the past 2 hours completely fine without a single crash even though I was unable to get into a game for over an hour around 4/5 hours ago, I'm not sure if this is just the servers dying in real time or not as a friend had these crashes whilst I was fine, weird. 

This is all I've found so far in regards to these issues, so if you know anything else please do follow up this message in order to hopefully help people with similar problems, but it seems this game keeps getting worse with time so if you do want the platinum I probably would consider finishing it soon as I can't see it lasting a great deal longer. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So came back to this game for fun on an alt count and planned on doing the 100%.

my rank ended up going back to level 0 from say 120+.

this ended up coming back after a week but then my badges disappeared and it’s been 3-4 weeks since and no sign of them magically coming back.

prior or this I got the 500 games as a counselor, so I tried to pop that on a different version (AS / NA) and didn’t work, so the stats are truly wiped.

anyone have luck getting the badges back? Not saying there’s a method, but did they come back after time ?

• Like 1

On 27/05/2023 at 6:43 PM, JWill_55 said:

So came back to this game for fun on an alt count and planned on doing the 100%.

my rank ended up going back to level 0 from say 120+.

this ended up coming back after a week but then my badges disappeared and it’s been 3-4 weeks since and no sign of them magically coming back.

prior or this I got the 500 games as a counselor, so I tried to pop that on a different version (AS / NA) and didn’t work, so the stats are truly wiped.

anyone have luck getting the badges back? Not saying there’s a method, but did they come back after time ?

nope have to restart 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

If you hadn’t already started it, it ain’t worth starting. The list makes it seem like you only need 2000 matches (only), but it rounds out on average to between 8000-10,000 matches as there’s only a 1 in 8 chance of you actually playing as Jason and some days you’ll play matches into the double digits and never once be Jason.

The list was pure trash anyway, the stat reset/wipes just make it even worse

• 3 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Dinniestar said:

Just experienced the same glitch in regards to this was quite a bit through the game and game crashed and I’ve reset back to level 1 all badges wiped absolute joke 

Damn, that really sucks. Did you kills/games played get resetted as well?

5 hours ago, NorthPaul93 said:

Damn, that really sucks. Did you kills/games played get resetted as well?

Back to level 1 everything reset games kills badges which are just in game trophy trackers 

very upsetting hopefully after Thursdays new update it fixes this once and for all 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dinniestar said:

Back to level 1 everything reset games kills badges which are just in game trophy trackers 

very upsetting hopefully after Thursdays new update it fixes this once and for all 

Sorry to hear that. A friend I was boosting with had the exact same thing happen to him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NorthPaul93 said:

Sorry to hear that. A friend I was boosting with had the exact same thing happen to him.

It happens and yes before you call me crazy imma go for it again ?

this time I am only going to be using my own private lobbies so do not rely on public matches of game 

On 18.06.2023 at 6:41 PM, Oberlin1694 said:

If you hadn’t already started it, it ain’t worth starting. The list makes it seem like you only need 2000 matches (only), but it rounds out on average to between 8000-10,000 matches as there’s only a 1 in 8 chance of you actually playing as Jason and some days you’ll play matches into the double digits and never once be Jason.

Sadly they not let players choose to play as Jason before match starts 

On 18/06/2023 at 4:41 PM, Oberlin1694 said:

your able to boost all trophies in private matches so with one other person in regards takes amount down to 4000 matches and match will only take a few minutes maximum 

I am so glad I am done with this absolute abomination of a platinum and it can go to hell and stay there where it belongs. It was a massive time waster which took days and days to get that stupid "play 1000 matches" with Jason trophy and that was boosting it after playing the game legit for months. In the end it took years on and off with like countless boosting partners. No one ever lasts past 200-300 matches each if your both going for it. It is soul draining. The last guy that helped me had to just let me play as Jason and kill him like 260 times before it finally popped. It took like 5 days of like 6 hour sessions just for me to get that. It is the stupidest trophy I have ever done.

If anyone if serious or insane enough to still want to get this I would advise you to self boost this with 2 consoles and TVs if possible but you should figure the location by using a low stealth sprinting character. You don't wanna start this shit train if you haven't reached 500 Jason matches trust me. Solo Boost it instead.

Edited by ElektrickRage

3 hours ago, ElektrickRage said:

I am so glad I am done with this absolute abomination of a platinum and it can go to hell and stay there where it belongs. It was a massive time waster which took days and days to get that stupid "play 1000 matches" with Jason trophy and that was boosting it after playing the game legit for months. In the end it took years on and off with like countless boosting partners. No one ever lasts past 200-300 matches each if your both going for it. It is soul draining. The last guy that helped me had to just let me play as Jason and kill him like 260 times before it finally popped. It took like 5 days of like 6 hour sessions just for me to get that. It is the stupidest trophy I have ever done.

If anyone if serious or insane enough to still want to get this I would advise you to self boost this with 2 consoles and TVs if possible but you should figure the location by using a low stealth sprinting character. You don't wanna start this shit train if you haven't reached 500 Jason matches trust me. Solo Boost it instead.

That's what I did. I borrowed my brother's account, which had a PS Premium sub and I streamed the game on my PC which made things a lot easier.

Feel bad for anyone doing this, I loved playing the game naturally with friends. I did the game in 3 phases, lots of natural play for fun, I would start matched and hide under beds and idle matches or play whenever I was actually Jason. I did the whole 100% on Kingdoms of Amalur doing this, and then eventually finished the remaining Jason matches with a buddy, like 25 a day for what felt like forever. 

It's no joke. 

4 hours ago, Dinniestar said:

your able to boost all trophies in private matches so with one other person in regards takes amount down to 4000 matches and match will only take a few minutes maximum 

I mean if someone literally wants to spend an hour to boost 20 matches as one side, and over 100 hours of boosting to get both matches played trophies that’s up to them. But good luck then having to play a shit-tonne more in public matches to do all of the miscellaneous stuff.

4 hours ago, ElektrickRage said:

They’ve made the same choice with Texas Chainsaw too. That game requires around 1980 matches played I believe.

However there’s major differences in that you get to choose which side to play as, matches last like 10-15 minutes and if you die you can leave without being punished and it actually looks good. So I doubt that many matches will be a major issue, I hope

This was by far one of the worst boosts I've ever done.......that being said does anybody know how much work someone who played the game when it was a monthly game (right before RDR2 dropped) to plat the stacks? I manged to get the EU right after the NA plat but dont really recall what all was required or if this stats reset thing changes that. I also no longer have that console but im not sure that would make any difference.

I seem to have gone the other way…

I’ve just logged in to the game for the first time in a few months and I’ve gone from level 28 to level 150, with all but three badges fully completed (including badges for things I’ve never even done on the game before)

The hell’s going on with this game?

edit: looks like it’s a widespread issue with the game.

Edited by LongLiveHelghast

1 hour ago, LongLiveHelghast said:

I seem to have gone the other way…

I’ve just logged in to the game for the first time in a few months and I’ve gone from level 28 to level 150, with all but three badges fully completed (including badges for things I’ve never even done on the game before)

The hell’s going on with this game?

edit: looks like it’s a widespread issue with the game.

The level increase and badges was a kind of thank you from the devs that dropped last week, that's no bug. The problem is that it broke quite a few trophies. 

• Like 2

Has anyone had any luck getting any of the accumulative trophies since the update? I swear I've thrown 50 knives and played as each Jason and counselor like 4 times each and I can't get the trophies to pop. I've tried submitting two big emails to the team but haven't heard a peep from them so far.