What game to platinum next?

FS_SejeReje

I had an absolute BLAST getting the platinum for Clash: Artifacts of Chaos. Beat the game/ got the plat at 17 hours and did that over a single weekend because I could NOT put that game down. Once you learn how to chain regular attacks into special attacks it's like you're a Street Fighter character in the world of God of War 2018 (combat is similar to the unarmed combat of GoW). Amazing game with awesome voice acting, incredible graphics, and some really cool character designs. 10/10 for me.

Resident Evil 2 Remake (PS5). 
On my 5th and final play through and it’s been a hell of a ride! Credit to @Optinooby for his brilliant trophy guides and YouTube videos. 

This is my first RE game and it has me hooked and motivated to platinum more games in the series. I thought I’d be burnt out on doing multiple play throughs, but there’s enough variation to make it interesting every time.

This game is the gateway drug to the survival horror genre and I strongly encourage you to experience it yourself!

• Like 1

No real point suggesting random games without asking some more detail, especially as you already have a wide mix of games on your profile but most aren't finished - with some at 0% - was this because you didn't like them, didn't give them a lot of time, or because you didn't like the trophy requirements?

What are you into? What kind of trophies do you like going for?

2 hours ago, steveblazinggrin said:

I had a great time getting the Hotline Miami platinum. It's the perfect difficulty if you like a decent challenge with fast paced gameplay, and it's relatively short overall.

Yo, that's a good shout. I like that

1 hour ago, Nauticus87 said:

No real point suggesting random games without asking some more detail, especially as you already have a wide mix of games on your profile but most aren't finished - with some at 0% - was this because you didn't like them, didn't give them a lot of time, or because you didn't like the trophy requirements?

What are you into? What kind of trophies do you like going for?

I only just got into trophy hunting. And just any decent platinum really, a "very rare " one atleast. I don't mind putting countless of hours into a game so give me a challenge. 

57 minutes ago, saiyanbloodstyle said:

You should at least give us a genre or games you've liked before so we can recommend them, i mean i can recommend wreckfest to you, it's a lot of fun but i don't know if you like that type of game.

There is not one genre of games that I play.  But i'd like to have a decent fighting or a racing game on my list.

2 hours ago, LDN-Legend said:

Looking at your list, a few enjoyable platinum's that you could finish could be: Both overcooked games (if you still have a 2nd player), FF7 and Horizon. I enjoyed all of these titles. 

FF7 Remake or the original? Because I have been wanting to platinum the remake, but I had the game deleted so I don't have access to the hardest difficulty, so i'd have to play through the game atleast 2 times more, and I often wait to play the game again after beating it the first time. You know what I mean?

But the og one is a single playthrough so I can just get that done whenever.

2 hours ago, Shiggidy_DoZa said:

I had an absolute BLAST getting the platinum for Clash: Artifacts of Chaos. Beat the game/ got the plat at 17 hours and did that over a single weekend because I could NOT put that game down. Once you learn how to chain regular attacks into special attacks it's like you're a Street Fighter character in the world of God of War 2018 (combat is similar to the unarmed combat of GoW). Amazing game with awesome voice acting, incredible graphics, and some really cool character designs. 10/10 for me.

This is a game I have not heard of. Wouldn't mind giving it a shot.

Noticed you have Dead Cells on your profile, but not played much - that's gotta be one of the most fun plats out there, in my estimation!

In terms of other games that might not be on your radar, I'm cheating a little here, as there was a dude asking not long ago about good games that didn't take a million years to plat, but were really fun, and so I think the ones I recommended then are pretty much the same list I would recommend to you, as I really think they are all super fun plats!

(apologies if you have some of them already - I didn't check every one against your list)

La37889.png

Norco

(An absolutely AMAZING point-n-click adventure game, that has probably the best writing of ANY of the 700-plus games I have on my profile!)

Le51f11.png

Outer Wilds

(One of the best games ever made, with brilliant gameplay, brilliant story)

L7debd6.png

Superliminal

(A really great 3D Puzzle game, with some great, unique mechanics)

Lb572f8.png

Treasures of the Aegean

(A brilliant tintin-style-comic-themed rogue-lite platformer puzzler, with some killer visuals, and fantastic movement and action)

L864521.png

Hardspace: Shipbreaker

(Very zen and relaxing after a long day and just fantastic from start to finish!

L14db7e.png

The Entropy Centre

(A really great Portal-like 3D Puzzler with clever mechanics)

L20eea1.png

TOEM

(A really fun little puzzle-lite road trip game...)

L744125.png

Shatter

(a really good action arcade Arkanoid-like with a killer soundtrack)

L56cadd.png

Backbone

(A surprising story and a super cool tone and pixel-art visual style, wrapped in a mystery noire adventure game)

L5ab6ff.png

The Forgotten City

(An amazing Timeloop mystery, borne out of a Skyrim mod, that ended up being better than Skyrim was!)

L487a8d.png

Twelve Minutes

(An interesting - if occasionally frustrating - time-loop puzzle game, that has enough good stuff to offset any slight annoyances)

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, FS_SejeReje said:

I only just got into trophy hunting. And just any decent platinum really, a "very rare " one atleast. I don't mind putting countless of hours into a game so give me a challenge. 

If you’re looking for a good challenge, I would recommend Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1+2.

It’s not an easy platinum. It’s long, grindy (especially lvl 100), and skill dependant for the hardest parts, but it’s an incredibly fun game that you can sink dozens of hours into without getting bored at all, with a nice ultra rare platinum as your reward. It was free on PS+ not that long ago which is part of the reason I chose it. I figured you might own the game already and just haven’t played it yet.

35 minutes ago, FS_SejeReje said:

There is not one genre of games that I play.  But i'd like to have a decent fighting or a racing game on my list.

I was really excited to recommend you Hot Wheels Unleashed, but I see you just started playing it. ?

I just started playing it this week too and so far it’s been an absolute blast. I’m not the hugest racing fan so racing games can be really hit or miss for me, but I think Hot Wheels is very thrilling and has amazing track designs. It’s a pretty straightforward platinum too which is quite nice, the majority of trophies have unlocked just by playing the game. The only real challenge will be grinding coins and gears at the end without getting bored.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, FS_SejeReje said:

Here: https://psnprofiles.com/Nauticus87/log?order=rarity&type=platinum&dir=asc

The first two pages go up to 10% (so nearly all ultra/very-rare) and I enjoyed nearly all of them, consider a lot of them to be a good challenge and I'd consider most as 'decent' platinums. They also cover a lot of different genres.

If you want more details on any of them then feel free to ask questions. Otherwise I'd just say get whatever ones you can find on sale and start playing away.