Personal Thoughts On The DLC Ending? *Spoilers*

AngelicaK92

If anything, I'm annoyed that you can choose whether or not to engage in the romance and then they immediately kind of back pedal on it talking about who knows when they see each other again.

This is not a choice based game, adding little points here and there of choice is essentially irrelevant. Just tell the story you want to tell. A new/first romance in the game should be a big character moment, but because it's technically a player choice and because it's a DLC, I have a feeling it will be largely ignored/placed on the far peripheral in Horizon 3, when it should have way more meaning and impact on Aloy.

Edited by BENJAM1N_LINUS
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sicho said:

I'm pretty sure base PS4 cannot handle that Horus fight

Yeah, I mean from a purely financial perspective it would benefit Sony to sell Burning Shores on PS4 and PS5 as opposed to PS5-only, so if they're saying that PS4 can't handle it then that's more than likely 100% true. You don't want to get into the whole "well the PS4 can't handle it but maybe the PS4 Pro can handle parts of it" nonsense, because that just causes more headaches for everyone. The armchair developers who get salty because they can't play it on PS4 don't know what they're talking about when they throw out their pearls of wisdom blaming things they know nothing about. Sure it sucks that they aren't able to play the DLC, but if something isn't being offered on a platform with a higher installed base because that platform can't handle it, then you can be pretty sure it can't handle it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sicho said:

I'm pretty sure base PS4 cannot handle that Horus fight

All GOW boss bouts were manageable on PS4, but Horus was too much for it. Even though I oppose it, the combat itself was uninspired and completely forgettable.  

• Like 1

it was a bad ending. it barely moves the needle forward for the overall story.  why wouldn't you delve into old robotics companies looking for tech at this point? shouldn't there be a few missiles left to shoot at Nemesis?

isn't there a banuk guy who eats machine oil? kinda nutty? he said he was gonna be in the burnign shores, but thenhe wasn't! and then he left a note saying he heard a voice, calling him to the East.  

annnnd there was another datapoint from the Vast Silver AI.  I get the feeling we're going to the East Coast for military hardware like nuclear subs and to find his Vast Silver AI to fight the Nemesis AI in Game 3.  

• Like 1

I thought it was forced, unnecessary and awkward. Still let Aloy have some. Seyka wasn’t very interesting. Making Aloy a lesbian isn’t surprising because she’s always been rather cold and acted superior to male characters (apart from Rost). Hard to blame her when Guerilla writes them mostly as fools, villains (especially if they are white), cowards or very submissive. Then again Horizon characters aren’t very memorable overall unfortunately and I could have forgotten a lot about the Horizon world between the base game and the dlc.

• Like 2

I have to wonder if the impact wasn't lessened for people that don't think Aloy is all that interesting to begin with? I have no problem with who she dates but if you're gonna get me invested in a budding relationship I'm gonna need to care about the characters first, and in her case I've just been lukewarm from the beginning.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2023 at 8:21 AM, Juzota said:

I liked him a lot in Zero Dawn, but in Forbidden West he was really annoying.

Yeah they wrote him pretty bad in the sequel. 

On 4/30/2023 at 4:12 PM, Alos88 said:

I have to wonder if the impact wasn't lessened for people that don't think Aloy is all that interesting to begin with? I have no problem with who she dates but if you're gonna get me invested in a budding relationship I'm gonna need to care about the characters first, and in her case I've just been lukewarm from the beginning.

Oh wow. Yeah I can understand why. Especially in the sequel she was insufferable at some parts. Crazy how different the writing is between the two entires. 

On 4/30/2023 at 3:07 PM, Virtua_Vince said:

I’m fine for a game like this to not have a romance angle.  Leave it to the player to fall in love with the character regardless of orientation?  I never look for Lara Croft to be forming romance in those games, for example. 

That said, people are allowed to have preferences too.  I’m heterosexual so I’d have preferences for how I’d write Aloy if I had to put her in a relationship in the game.  I hate that people get labelled homophobic for basically not being gay and having preferences.  Are gay people then heterophobic? 

Bingo! You said it. 

On 4/29/2023 at 8:14 PM, BlackCatLucifer said:

I thought it was forced, unnecessary and awkward. Still let Aloy have some. Seyka wasn’t very interesting. Making Aloy a lesbian isn’t surprising because she’s always been rather cold and acted superior to male characters (apart from Rost). Hard to blame her when Guerilla writes them mostly as fools, villains (especially if they are white), cowards or very submissive. Then again Horizon characters aren’t very memorable overall unfortunately and I could have forgotten a lot about the Horizon world between the base game and the dlc.

A hard truth...wow

On 4/28/2023 at 2:39 PM, ZZ383 said:

it was a bad ending. it barely moves the needle forward for the overall story.  why wouldn't you delve into old robotics companies looking for tech at this point? shouldn't there be a few missiles left to shoot at Nemesis?

isn't there a banuk guy who eats machine oil? kinda nutty? he said he was gonna be in the burnign shores, but thenhe wasn't! and then he left a note saying he heard a voice, calling him to the East.  

annnnd there was another datapoint from the Vast Silver AI.  I get the feeling we're going to the East Coast for military hardware like nuclear subs and to find his Vast Silver AI to fight the Nemesis AI in Game 3.  

Brin? I kind of forgot about that guy honestly. But I like your theory on the next location for the 3rd installment. 

On 4/28/2023 at 1:18 AM, cometowner said:

All GOW boss bouts were manageable on PS4, but Horus was too much for it. Even though I oppose it, the combat itself was uninspired and completely forgettable.  

Damn. Ok. lol

On 4/27/2023 at 11:41 AM, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

If anything, I'm annoyed that you can choose whether or not to engage in the romance and then they immediately kind of back pedal on it talking about who knows when they see each other again.

This is not a choice based game, adding little points here and there of choice is essentially irrelevant. Just tell the story you want to tell. A new/first romance in the game should be a big character moment, but because it's technically a player choice and because it's a DLC, I have a feeling it will be largely ignored/placed on the far peripheral in Horizon 3, when it should have way more meaning and impact on Aloy.

Orrr they might forget it happened and never speak of it in the 3rd installment. Who knows really? I mean they can get new writers anytime and anything can change during development. 

Edited by AngelicaK92

Yeah, this shit needs to be locked. Way off the rails now.

I used to get complaints saying that I "lock threads too early." Now, I get complaints that "I lock threads too late"... there's just no winning this, Lmao. Things go from a 2 to a 10 real quick. Probably would have to quit my irl job to stay on top of everything.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 3