Personal Thoughts On The DLC Ending? *Spoilers*

AngelicaK92

43 minutes ago, pavelbagirov said:

They just asked exclusivity for ps5 sales. Same was with FF7 remake dlc and DS Directors Cut

But the reason dev said is graphical moments that ps4 couldn't handle

Its like you said just entertain the new gen  

For me this expansion was somehow better then base game, probably because it was short, didn't much care about characters and story as well. But I actually glad that I can finally free some space from my console after more then a year lol 

Edited by avalyanart

I also liked that plotline…

My main takeaway from the “core” game was that Aloy is a wilfully dull and uninteresting character but I thought the DLC and introduction of Seyka actually did quite a lot to remedy that.

(Not that I’m a fan of this game or would recommend it to anyone… It’s very “mid” and easily the least enjoyable game on my profile.)

The Aloy and Seyka romance plot wasn't hugely interesting to me. I was just like "Oh, okay. Cool". I had never really considered the idea of Aloy being with someone before. She always gave me the vibe of being somewhat detached from everyone close to her because she was always so focused on the goal at hand, so I suppose in that regard it was a little surprising to suddenly have a romance thrown our way, but it made for a nice change of pace I guess and it was good to see Aloy happy for once. I'm less surprised that the usual loud minority of manbabies are up in arms about it. Do these people ever take a day off from being outraged? The option is there to simply not engage with the content if it offends you. Isn't that exactly what these people always tell everyone else? Should take their own advice...

As for the rest of the story, it was pretty much more of the same. We didn't really learn anything new about Nemesis, aside from some potential leads in tracking down old world tech that may or may not help to defeat it, if the tech even exists. My main complaints are all the same issues I had with the base game, those mainly being that Nemesis as a plot point still seems very silly to me, and that Aloy as a character has become quite dull. I enjoyed basically everything else about the DLC; the new location, the gameplay is still great, the combat is as fun and varied as ever, the new mechanics are cool, the game's visuals are absolutely stunning (even more so than the base game) etc. I still really enjoy the Horizon universe overall but I find myself increasingly losing interest in the story which is a real shame. I'm still interested to see what direction they take going forward though, especially since Lance is no longer with us. 

• Like 2

On 20/4/2023 at 7:44 PM, DrBloodmoney said:

Mass Effect. 

But yes, I agree with your point.

Probably you can't compare this two games, Mass effect is not the same, as in many other RPGs you could create your own shepard as you wished, male or female (or just accept the one already created) then choose freely who to romance, another man, woman or even alien; of course this is not the case with Horizon

Erend and Avad will be heartbroken. By the end of the main game, Aloy and Erend were actually holding each other's hips. The romance feels rushed, maybe that's why they hid it in a DLC? My guess is that Seyka won't play a role in part 3 anymore. The boss fight, on the other hand, was very successful, I would have liked that for the main game.

• Like 3

On 4/20/2023 at 1:39 PM, AdrenalStone21 said:

I think the issue a lot of people have is not about her being apart of the LGBT community. I think that choice makes perfect sense for her character. My complaints are with who they paired her with. Aloy is someone who has a really really hard time trusting people and building friendships. For her to kiss any other character within like a week of meeting them, feels really out of character for her. 

I see Aloy more as Asexual. Someone who rather not get into a romantic relationship because of how she grew up an outcast from the rest of the tribe.

Edited by Jermster_91
  • Like 4

On 4/20/2023 at 9:18 AM, Belodrin said:

Here's hoping they can account for our choices going forward.

I don't think they will ever get back to that. Maybe in one scene, or some Focus calls but having three different parallel plot lines is too much to handle in such a big game.