Full List of PlayStation Classics

7 minutes ago, meterano7 said:

Would Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance and DA2 count as well?

These are only games that have been released using Sony's PS1, PS2, or PSP emulation, so remakes and remasters aren't included

I've updated the list today as the PSP Classic version of Echochrome has been given a trophy list for the PS4 & PS5 version of the game :yay:

Also MediEvil: Resurrection, Ape Escape: On the Loose / Ape Escape P, & Pursuit Force: Extreme Justice were added as PSP Classics a week ago!

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Holy....!

By coincidence, I was looking at the GamingList with a PSN-User and saw my absolute favorite PSP game. PURSUIT FORCE and PURSUIT FORCE: EXTREME JUSTICE.

I'm still completely confused... because Studio BigBig has been offline for a long time and I never expected to see this. Especially WITH Trophies.

I really need to keep an eye on the list more. THANK YOU for the STARTPOST!

When will Sony update them? Like PS+ games at the beginning of the month?

I discovered it many months after release, it didn't have to be.... I can't sleep right now... X.x

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@BlindMango

Would you be interested in adding some information to this list? 

Some of these games are cross-buy enabled, meaning buying them on PS3 unlocks them on PS5 too. Not sure whether it's an EU exclusive feature, some NA users reported issues.

Also, some games received patches that allow you to change region from PAL(50Hz) to NTSC(60Hz). Dark Mirror on PSP is censored for EU, but a patch enables access to the NA version if your console language is set to English.

For more, see here: https://www.resetera.com/threads/it’s-been-160-days-since-sony-announced-ntsc-ps1-classics-for-european-regions.638988/

(note: Ape Escape (PS1) cannot be cross-bought as it was never released on PS3 prior to the recent PS4/PS5 Classics version. Ape Escape P does have Cross-buy though.)

Edit: Also, none of the PS2 Classics games allow you to switch region versions. NA=NTSC=60Hz only and recommended versions to buy if you can live without the PAL translations.

Edited by Cashaddi

15 hours ago, meterano7 said:

@Cashaddi

Similar to Dark Mirror you can get around the german and french censorship for GTA 3 by changing system language to english. This enables the otherwise removed Rampages.

Ouch. Good to know, but I never bought the PS2 Classic GTAs... At the time I was like "hell no with that removed music." If only I had to known how much worse things were gonna get...

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Are you sure that both PS2 Harvest Moons (Save the Homeland, A Wonderful Life) are part of the PS2 Classics moniker? All of them have a note in their description that they are emulated PS2 games. On the store it doesn't say that for these two games. Are they using the same PS2 emulator as the other games?

11 hours ago, Cashaddi said:

Are you sure that both PS2 Harvest Moons (Save the Homeland, A Wonderful Life) are part of the PS2 Classics moniker? All of them have a note in their description that they are emulated PS2 games. On the store it doesn't say that for these two games. Are they using the same PS2 emulator as the other games?

Yes it's the PS2 emulator, but this is likely one of the cases where the developer used the emulator instead of Sony and they just didn't put the note in the description

10 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

WFkGZTK.png

This is a crying shame...the straw that broke the camel's back and made me downgrade from Premium to Essential. 

Sadly any time it's a game where Sony wasn't the sole publisher (in all regions), then there's little hope for trophies for whatever reason. More pressure on non-Sony devs could help sway them to start doing it though, wouldn't hurt to try I suppose

9 hours ago, Treilio said:

Twisted Metal 2 / Twisted Metal World Tour

Dark Cloud 2 / Dark Chronicle

Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords - NA only

Siren / Forbidden Siren

Kingdom of Paradise / Key of Heaven

Found some more.

Thanks, added!

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 2

I just find it strange that there isn't a single third party publisher that bothered to put trophies in one of these classics aside from square with Valkyrie profile but even they aren't trustworthy yet as that was a special release that wasn't included with premium (so until they put a game that wasn't popular enough for a chrono cross style remaster like say tobal no 1 or threads of fate theyre still up in the air). I can understand somebody like disney not caring or capcom or namco as they are huge megapublishers run by bean counters but youd think a smaller dev like the oddworld developer would care more about getting trophies because they have full control over thier franchise(unlike say disney whos former teams who made these games were all over the place)and are probably more willing to listen but i just find it fishy that so far only sony games are adding trophies considering publishers are still paying for patches that fix other things but didn't think to request trophies. It kind of makes me wonder what other factors are at play thats preventing third party games from being trophy patched.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BlindMango said:

Yes it's the PS2 emulator, but this is likely one of the cases where the developer used the emulator instead of Sony and they just didn't put the note in the description

Thanks for clearing that up. 

Do you or anyone else happen to know whether the US version of Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy on PS4 is censored? Would rather play the uncensored version from the EU store, but I'm worried about the 60HZ NTSC/PAL issues...

@jgm4789

Maybe Sony makes them pay for trophy inclusion? Major stupid move if that's the case. Same with patches...

Apologies, looks like I was wrong about Puzzle Quest being NA only. Looks like it is also available in Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Malta, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia. Not sure why it is not available in all of Europe :hmm:

• 3 weeks later...