Elite Racer

samy002

6 minutes ago, CosmoWolf_ said:

Friday, I would say.

From. my experience definitely not. I started gold 3 on thursday night however there were already people with 700 points in the group. Likewise there were still people joining the group all throughout the week until sunday. I think already there's not enough people to fill groups, EA need to update it but they won't

26 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

From. my experience definitely not. I started gold 3 on thursday night however there were already people with 700 points in the group. Likewise there were still people joining the group all throughout the week until sunday. I think already there's not enough people to fill groups, EA need to update it but they won't

It's really hit or miss. Start early and you have more time to grind to the top. Start late and you run the risk of still joining a group that has grinded quite a bit. I'd only start on a day like Sunday if it isn't your last chance of the season.

So I got promoted to gold 3.
This week:

• Canada
  • United Kingdom
  • Netherlands

Fun circuits this weekend, i'm no fan of Baku and Las Vegas so thats good.

I won't have time to play until sunday thats when I can play as long as I want which is a good thing.

I know the trophy is bugged but I will still give it a shot.

Also hoping they might change some things for the upcoming seasons as the player base is declining hard, I also noticed on some occassions other players messaging me asking to take their points rival out in a race lol.

Well Im now in Gold 3 so I only need to promote once for Elite and the platinum trophy, BUT, since there will be a reset again after this week I will not receive the trophy even when I’m on the verge of promotion to Elite. So for everyone who is in Gold 3 now, save your time this week for trying to promote because in all cases you WONT get promoted. I experienced it myself when I was going from silver to gold, raced the whole week for nothing not knowing that there will be a reset after several weeks.

So now Im in Gold 3, to which division I will get dropped after a reset? Gold 1? Silver? Or even Bronze again?!?

6 minutes ago, DCS_RStyles046 said:

Well Im now in Gold 3 so I only need to promote once for Elite and the platinum trophy, BUT, since there will be a reset again after this week I will not receive the trophy even when I’m on the verge of promotion to Elite. So for everyone who is in Gold 3 now, save your time this week for trying to promote because in all cases you WONT get promoted. I experienced it myself when I was going from silver to gold, raced the whole week for nothing not knowing that there will be a reset after several weeks.

So now Im in Gold 3, to which division I will get dropped after a reset? Gold 1? Silver? Or even Bronze again?!?

I'm also in Gold 3 as of today. My current understanding is that we will be demoted to Silver 1 next week.
Silver 1 -> Gold 1

Gold 1 -> Gold 3

Gold 3 -> Elite?

Meaning it will take 4 weeks from now at minimum, lol.

However I will still attempt the grind on sunday and report any problems to EA (if any apply).

1 hour ago, Joepelus said:

So I got promoted to gold 3.
This week:

• Canada
  • United Kingdom
  • Netherlands

Fun circuits this weekend, i'm no fan of Baku and Las Vegas so thats good.

I won't have time to play until sunday thats when I can play as long as I want which is a good thing.

I know the trophy is bugged but I will still give it a shot.

Also hoping they might change some things for the upcoming seasons as the player base is declining hard, I also noticed on some occassions other players messaging me asking to take their points rival out in a race lol.

They haven't fixed it, please don't waste your time going for Elite, unless you want the cosmetic awards.

50 minutes ago, DCS_RStyles046 said:

You will go down to Silver I.

42 minutes ago, Joepelus said:

I'm also in Gold 3 as of today. My current understanding is that we will be demoted to Silver 1 next week.
Silver 1 -> Gold 1

Gold 1 -> Gold 3

Gold 3 -> Elite?

Meaning it will take 4 weeks from now at minimum, lol.

However I will still attempt the grind on sunday and report any problems to EA (if any apply).

I made the original bug report after the first season ended. (See here). Feel free to comment on this post, it'll get bumped to the top of the complaints. They really don't care though, they've 'acknowledged' it for over a month now but haven't even put it on their investigating issues list.

6 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

Where does Gold 2 bring you back down to? Bronze?

Silver 1

15 minutes ago, CosmoWolf_ said:

They haven't fixed it, please don't waste your time going for Elite, unless you want the cosmetic awards.

You will go down to Silver I.

I made the original bug report after the first season ended. (See here). Feel free to comment on this post, it'll get bumped to the top of the complaints. They really don't care though, they've 'acknowledged' it for over a month now but haven't even put it on their investigating issues list.

I've been moaning in that thread aswell, just did another comment in that thread. Hoping for an update.

Good thing is I do enjoy the racing so wasting a sunday is acceptable :)

4 hours ago, Issac-1827 said:

I finally unlocked this Elite Racer trophy today, I kept looking back at the leaderboard from time to time to see if anything has changed so far, since I have started on Wednesday and grinded up to 2123 points in total. Overall I’m so happy that I’ve unlocked this trophy 

You were in my group 2123 points is insane! I only started on saturday hoping I get into a group that didnt grind much but there was you 😂 and two others with also 1800+ points at the end so pretty impossible for me..

4 hours ago, Joepelus said:

So jealous of you guys :(

Yea me too… I think I came across you a couple times in a race if Im right. I remember the name thinking that you are from the Netherlands like me

Edited by DCS_RStyles046

35 minutes ago, DCS_RStyles046 said:

You were in my group 2123 points is insane! I only started on saturday hoping I get into a group that didnt grind much but there was you 😂 and two others with also 1800+ points at the end so pretty impossible for me..

Yea me too… I think I came across you a couple times in a race if Im right. I remember the name thinking that you are from the Netherlands like me

Dutch indeed! I'll send u a DM to chat some

8 hours ago, Shillasaurus said:

Have so much PTSD from this trophy haha. Glad I was able to get it with a last minute slide into the final spot

I was checking the standings all day making sure I didn't lose places and so I was watching your grind for the last Elite spot. I was cheering you on haha! Well done! Was an awesome effort from you on the final day to grind it out.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, PeachyJacobs said:

I was checking the standings all day making sure I didn't lose places and so I was watching your grind for the last Elite spot. I was cheering you on haha! Well done! Was an awesome effort from you on the final day to grind it out.

Hahaha thanks! I was definitely sweating a bit when there was like 2-3 hrs of no one playing with 6 hrs to go. Then finally found a 16 person session only for me to get rammed from behind on turn 1 for a DNF. Almost gave up but glad I didnt lol. Literally on the last race possible before the season ended I needed to get 40 pts and I almost crashed on the last lap. Ive never been so stressed in my life hahaha. Felt really bad for the guy I passed but im just glad its finally over lol.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Joepelus said:

So jealous of you guys :(

You can do this ! Don´t give up - you already achieved Gold 3 - think of it as one more step, with dedication it´s possible.

9 hours ago, Shillasaurus said:

Have so much PTSD from this trophy haha. Glad I was able to get it with a last minute slide into the final spot

I was rooting for you as well, you also got it on the first season (then there was that bug). You always were a fair racer and I was also a witness of your dedication all the way through this challenge, glad it worked out in the end. Well deserved, enjoy !

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, simpgraus said:

i know this is a crazy question has anyone apart from @CosmoWolf_ grind up to elite more then once? or is everyone like get it once delete the game as fast as possible once earn't

He only did that because the trophy didn’t pop for him first time I believe. 

14 hours ago, willmill97 said:

Where does Gold 2 bring you back down to? Bronze?

silver 1 

15 hours ago, DCS_RStyles046 said:

Silver 1 

I made it to gold 1 this week so I’m guessing I can only get to gold 3 this week however I heard of the bug on season reset so even if I could get to elite I wouldn’t even get the trophy. If i start on Thursday or Friday and just race to keep my division will I drop to silver 1 or bronze? 

5 hours ago, simpgraus said:

Its work trying. get to gold so that way you will start next season at silver

With the bug will I actually get to start at silver though or will I just start at bronze anyway? I know the bug prevents the trophy popping but not sure if it works correctly with resetting you to the correct rank for the next season. 

14 hours ago, DCS_RStyles046 said:

I started grinding on Wednesday afternoon and it put me in a fresh group, I had been told to grind up to 2000 points just to be safe, since I was planning to go up to around 1800 points. I’m still happy to see me, @Marvlint and @James-_-1989 (last time I checked the day before promotion) promoting up to elite. 
Few of my friends were surprised to see me performing like a future eSports driver haha, since I play using a controller, not a racing wheel.

• Like 1