Elite Racer

samy002

18 hours ago, kappel12 said:

Does tech level have anything to do with performance in ranked races? Last week in Brazil I was 2-3 seconds slower with the F1 World car than with original F1 cars. Now Miami is even worse, 6 seconds slower - I just don't understand, why is that? That makes it even less fun (than it already is). I had won my Silver 1 group by far, straight into Gold 1, but somehow nothing worked - new week, new luck

Because in Ranked all the cars are equal, your F1 World car is probably upgraded with the parts you always get after the races so that makes sense so that is not a comparison between the two. Your F1 World car is not your Ranked car, only the livery is the same, otherwise you would be racing with (for example) an level 1000 car against a level 300 car

18 hours ago, kappel12 said:

Does tech level have anything to do with performance in ranked races? Last week in Brazil I was 2-3 seconds slower with the F1 World car than with original F1 cars. Now Miami is even worse, 6 seconds slower - I just don't understand, why is that? That makes it even less fun (than it already is). I had won my Silver 1 group by far, straight into Gold 1, but somehow nothing worked - new week, new luck

no, it's equal performance in ranked.

Having said that, they've broken it numerous times with different patches so often it isn't actually equal performance, it's realistic car performance.

The multiplayer F1 world car will be slower compared to the actual F1 cars you would use on time trial for example.

On 10/11/2023 at 3:31 PM, willmill97 said:

One last tip before I forget! When you can see what the 3 weekly tracks are you are racing on, copy the fastest controller based setup from https://simracingsetup.com/setups/f1-23/ for each individual tracks, these setups are done by pros and geared towards what's fastest on each track (speed/downforce), and every race you do, load into each one! And when it comes to assists, turn braking and steering off, but I still used automatic gears and full traction

Damn i'm gold 1 and i fill so slow X_x

I tried to take some setups online, but looks like i'm still way slower than everyone :/

I guess my main issue is playing with full traction and on pad ... 

That's why i'm surprised you still got elite when playing with full TC ^^'

Or i'm missing something ...

Obviously i'm not a pro, but did a lot of racing games so i feel i'm not a noob neither (i hope X) )

Big mystery for me on this game, maybe i'm getting too old for this stuff XD

EDIT : Just did a F2 race (where custom set up not possible), and there I could do way better ! First one was only 1sec faster than me... then i guess i'm bad at choosing custom setups XD

Edited by seblegamer

On 11/6/2023 at 8:28 PM, kappel12 said:

Tech Level has nothing to do with online ranked. Online ranked is purely based on equal performance so everyone has the same pace, alot of people use different setups tho and it helps massively on different tracks, just youtube, google you'll can get a setup car for every map. 

hello everyone! I wrote the guide for the F12019 and F12020 games, and got the platinum of all F1 games since 2010. This one seems scary, can anyone get me a summary of 25 pages of this topic? is this trophy so hard? I dindn't bought the game yet, and I wanna know what changed since I checked the last time, when the game was early released, and only a bunch of people obtained this trophy. Any change? is more easy to obtain? the gamemode are the same? what happended? thanks you'all!

On 11/10/2023 at 10:11 AM, mabozi8 said:

hello everyone! I wrote the guide for the F12019 and F12020 games, and got the platinum of all F1 games since 2010. This one seems scary, can anyone get me a summary of 25 pages of this topic? is this trophy so hard? I dindn't bought the game yet, and I wanna know what changed since I checked the last time, when the game was early released, and only a bunch of people obtained this trophy. Any change? is more easy to obtain? the gamemode are the same? what happended? thanks you'all!

TL;DR: Don't buy it, the ranked system is a nightmare.

Today was a really sh*tty day, all weekends I start on sunday and grind out the whole day but i got put into a group that already over 1k+ points, tried to get some points the first 3hours and got absolutely rocked, decided to just stay in my rank and hopefully make progress the next week. 😅 the amount of toxicity got atleast taken out 5 times today..

On 11/10/2023 at 9:11 AM, mabozi8 said:

read the trophy guide, it pretty much sums everything up

How do you guys choose set ups ? Do you look for F1 world car only or team based cars. I have tried several including PC players, team based and some do make a difference. There is sometimes two players with EA tag that set top time with all 3 assists on using Red bull. How is that even possible? I can't even get close to the time using their set up. 

Another thing is tyres. What is the best tyres at the start of the race and then after pit ? To this day I can't figure it out how to choose tyres for qualifying and the race other than default. Some players always start with S even tho I have mediums. 

Does camera selection make any difference? What do you guys use ? 

Last thing but not least when is the best time to pit ? 

Edited by Pupik-Kaci26

15 hours ago, Pupik-Kaci26 said:

How do you guys choose set ups ? Do you look for F1 world car only or team based cars. I have tried several including PC players, team based and some do make a difference. There is sometimes two players with EA tag that set top time with all 3 assists on using Red bull. How is that even possible? I can't even get close to the time using their set up. 

Another thing is tyres. What is the best tyres at the start of the race and then after pit ? To this day I can't figure it out how to choose tyres for qualifying and the race other than default. Some players always start with S even tho I have mediums. 

Does camera selection make any difference? What do you guys use ? 

Last thing but not least when is the best time to pit ? 

Setups also depend on what suits you best to an extent the trophy guide for this game mentions you can copy the setup of the fastest time trial lap in time trial.  When it comes to tires that also depends on the track but most i think of default to mediums but other tracks some people change it to softs for example.  To change tires in the menu with the graphs that are the colour of the tires you can click on it and edit strategy.  Then change the tires to what you want but keep in mind it won't let you do that strategy if you have 2 of the same tires on the stints.  It's generally best to undercut the pit window because the longer you are out there on old tires the more time you lose to the guys that pit before you.

3 hours ago, Waters_44 said:

Do you think in a few years time when the servers are dead this trophy will be achievable with a dummy account? A bit like what you could do with 2019? Or is that completely out of the realm of possibility?

unlikely, because already if you are in a group with say 5 players in Gold II, is there even a spot for elite yet? I don't think there is so if you boosted a 2 player group in the future I don't think it would work

1 hour ago, CosmoWolf_ said:

unlikely, because already if you are in a group with say 5 players in Gold II, is there even a spot for elite yet? I don't think there is so if you boosted a 2 player group in the future I don't think it would work

I think you need 10 people for an elite spot to open up in Gold 2.  Two spots needs 20 people, three spots is 30 people.  For Gold 3 groups no idea.

5 hours ago, JeffGordon2 said:

Setups also depend on what suits you best to an extent the trophy guide for this game mentions you can copy the setup of the fastest time trial lap in time trial.  When it comes to tires that also depends on the track but most i think of default to mediums but other tracks some people change it to softs for example.  To change tires in the menu with the graphs that are the colour of the tires you can click on it and edit strategy.  Then change the tires to what you want but keep in mind it won't let you do that strategy if you have 2 of the same tires on the stints.  It's generally best to undercut the pit window because the longer you are out there on old tires the more time you lose to the guys that pit before you.

Holy damn.. I only found this out because of your comment, I never knew you could use people's setups I always got rinsed in Corners and just being taken over... couple hours ago I put on a setup from the time trail, and I was zooming trough the circuit and got a Win with 15 people involved my first win ever. 😂

1 hour ago, N1ELS96- said:

Holy damn.. I only found this out because of your comment, I never knew you could use people's setups I always got rinsed in Corners and just being taken over... couple hours ago I put on a setup from the time trail, and I was zooming trough the circuit and got a Win with 15 people involved my first win ever. 😂

Oh nice and yes setups are huge without one the cars are way too tight and don't turn at all.  I imagine since you have to turn the car so hard it wears the tires down faster as well.

Is it better to go for Elite from Gold 2 rather than Gold 3 ? When I was Gold 3 I could barely find any games and lobbies weren't as populated plus it was very difficult. 

Also does it make any difference for following week if I grind lots of points today and tomorrow? Some people were saying that you will get put in a group with less people or something like that. 

2 minutes ago, Pupik-Kaci26 said:

Is it better to go for Elite from Gold 2 rather than Gold 3 ? When I was Gold 3 I could barely find any games and lobbies weren't as populated plus it was very difficult. 

Also does it make any difference for following week if I grind lots of points today and tomorrow? Some people were saying that you will get put in a group with less people or something like that. 

I started last week on sunday and I got put into a group that was active for a week.. I messaged the first guy and he said to me he started on Tuesday, And I joined that group on Sunday.. So its really a gamble if you start playing on saturday / sunday, this week been playing for 2/3 hours everyday and I'm constantly holding my top 3 spot comfortly 

8 hours ago, N1ELS96- said:

Does anyone in gold 3 have problems finding games? I barely find full lobbies since I've been in G3 and alot of people leave last second which leaves me in lobbies with < 5 people... 

Yup. Avoid getting promoted to Gold 3. Stay in Gold 2 and to elite from there. Competition will be tough but at least you have plenty of people to play with. 

• Like 2