Delisting notice

fbdbh

It was only a matter of time before they finally decided to pull the plug in this game. Now that they’re moving forward with their Texas Chainsaw game, I had a feeling a shutdown would be around the corner.

Besides that, I enjoyed playing this game, despite the huge amounts of grinding I had to do for the platinum. Doing 1,000 Jason matches was the worst grind ever, but it was all worth it after 5 long years. The game also suffered a lot from the 2018 lawsuit, which completely screwed us out of more DLC and a new game mode.

Well Jason, mommy says it will be time to come home soon. Kill them all while there’s still time Jason.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DanielTheManieI said:

So is this doable before next December then? I shouldn’t have kept putting it off. 1f602.png

It’s definitely doable, just extremely grindy and time consuming. I suggest getting a boosting session to help with the 1,000 matches for Jason and any other trophies you need.

5 minutes ago, Lil-Gameboy123 said:

It’s definitely doable, just extremely grindy and time consuming. I suggest getting a boosting session to help with the 1,000 matches for Jason and any other trophies you need.

Private matches with at least one boosting partner right? And one trophy needs 8 if I recall. 

46 minutes ago, MilanYildirim said:

People were reporting about stats not tracking. Is it still same or fixed?

The stat tracking isn’t bugged, not technically. What happens is that seemingly at random the game will just outright reset your entire profile back to Level 1, in the process you lose all of your perks and all of your stats. So any matches played, repairs, certain escapes etc are all reset to 0.

And no, it hasn’t been fixed as I got this error myself a couple of months ago. You can email their support team and there’s a chance they’ll fix your account and your stats to what they were, but with them ending support sales-wise in December I’d imagine this won’t be a possibility from then onwards. Especially as the publisher will be hard focusing Texas Chainsaw. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Oberlin1694 said:

The stat tracking isn’t bugged, not technically. What happens is that seemingly at random the game will just outright reset your entire profile back to Level 1, in the process you lose all of your perks and all of your stats. So any matches played, repairs, certain escapes etc are all reset to 0.

And no, it hasn’t been fixed as I got this error myself a couple of months ago. You can email their support team and there’s a chance they’ll fix your account and your stats to what they were, but with them ending support sales-wise in December I’d imagine this won’t be a possibility from then onwards. Especially as the publisher will be hard focusing Texas Chainsaw. 

Yup. This happened to one of the guys I was boosting with and he had to start from scratch. 

1 hour ago, Oberlin1694 said:

Shit! That's scarier than anything they could ever produce

5 hours ago, DanielTheManieI said:

I kinda don’t wanna do this now after hearing about this stats reset glitch. I’d be livid if it reset and I was close to plat. 

I wouldn’t worry about it. I just played the game earlier today on my PS5 and my stats have remained intact. I’ve been playing the game since it launched back in 2017.

7 hours ago, Oberlin1694 said:

Just don’t bother doing it in public lobbies as with it being P2P the hosts are generally pathetic little losers who will close the lobby if they’re not Jason or close the lobby when they’re killed by Jason. When they close the lobby any trophy stats earned in that match reset back to their initial values before the match, even if you’d escaped etc. It’s a total shitshow.

Also I don’t know what’s wrong with what’s left of their servers but the game often fudges itself entirely and will reset your profile on the server to Level 1, if this happens all your grinding is for naught as it also resets the stat of EVERY LOCKED TROPHY back to 0. So say you were on 998 Jason matches played and the server randomly wipes your profile it’ll go straight back to 0 matches played.

If you haven’t started it, avoid it. There’s a reason the game went onto life support so fast. It’s just not very good. It’s boring and badly balanced, matches last way too long and are only fun as Jason who you get around 12% of the time to play as. As a Counsellor you’re just quick walking everywhere and searching empty drawers for 10 minutes for items before Jason teleports over from the other side of the match and presses a single button without any kind of actual counterplay to instantly kill you and end the match for you. Dreadful game design.

Also; the playerbase sucks. The level of racism, homophobia and transphobia people scream at you over mic is ridiculous. They’ll often also tell you to kill yourself, send abusive messages etc. Playerbase is disgusting

Honestly all the reasons why I avoid online games.

Completing 1000 matches with Jason, on a game that you have 20% chance to being Jason?

If you have a requirement that high, can you in a way even blame people for closing the lobby immediately? Those people are probably on a 1000 Jason trophy crusade of their own and after several months of public matches and not realising they can boost, maybe they are bitter and twisted as well?

Games like this should be managed better and be a lot fairer

I've had disconnects from angry users on single 2 minute battles on StreetFighter, Tekken and PuyoPuyo etc online battles, and because of that I don't get the win.

There is literally no disadvantage to acting like a dick and / or pulling your Internet connection on these games when things aren't going your way

(Even more of a dick move when the devs decide you need to win 5 times in a row but pulling your connection doesn't count as a loss.....)

100 wins with Jason would be considered a lot, but 1000?!

And there's me thinking 1000 online battles on Dead Or Alive was insane.

Edited by enaysoft

5 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Honestly all the reasons why I avoid online games.

Completing 1000 matches with Jason, on a game that you have 20% chance to being Jason?

If you have a requirement that high, can you in a way even blame people for closing the lobby immediately? Those people are probably on a 1000 Jason trophy crusade of their own and after several months of public matches and not realising they can boost, maybe they are bitter and twisted as well?

Games like this should be managed better and be a lot fairer

I've had disconnects from angry users on single 2 minute battles on StreetFighter, Tekken and PuyoPuyo etc online battles, and because of that I don't get the win.

There is literally no disadvantage to acting like a dick and / or pulling your Internet connection on these games when things aren't going your way

(Even more of a dick move when the devs decide you need to win 5 times in a row but pulling your connection doesn't count as a loss.....)

100 wins with Jason would be considered a lot, but 1000?!

And there's me thinking 1000 online battles on Dead Or Alive was insane.

Not even 20%, there’s 8 spaces in a match. 7 Counsellor, 1 Jason, believe it’s a 12% chance to get him 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, EnixFALL said:

I always wanted to get this plat but it gets too hot in my room with 2 consoles on. 1f61d.png

Yes but some trophies require more players. I'd go for it if you enjoy mind numbing grinds. You'd also have to keep track of everything since it doesn't have a built in tracker.

Thanks!

I already did some pretty questionable grinds, but I'm still not sure if I wanna go for this one

• Like 2

Darn i remember trying it once but didn't get a single player, and it was just when it hit released on plus. I even got a trophy in it which means I either give up or force myself to do it. 

At least I got plenty of time but still sucks. Granted, my fault too fur trying the game... But it's not my fault if it was unplayable then!