PSNP Interviews: SnowxSakura - Submit Your Questions!

Hello and welcome back to Member Interviews! Our next interviewee is @SnowxSakura! Snow good scrolling past, send some questions in to find out more about him!

Questions can be submitted starting now until June 21st, 2023. Chris has provided the community with a snippet to help come up with questions.

About Me

Hey everyone, my name is Chris, I am 35 years old. I was born and raised in Nashville, Tennessee. I got into gaming at around 3 years old playing my dad's atari 2600, and NES.

My first console I got as a kid was a super nintendo, with super mario world, and mario paint. The fly swat mini-game on mario paint was hours upon hours of fun with my sister growing up.

I started collecting different systems as I got older, to really appreciate the vastly different libraries, or lack thereof each one had to offer.

I got my first playstation system in 1997 with Crash Bandicoot, Twisted Metal, and NFL Gameday. Some other titles that really stood out to me on the PS1 were Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, the FF series, Star Ocean 2, and Lunar 1 and 2.

I have mostly stayed with playstation as the main system since, barring the 360 era. I ended up picking that system instead, due to the cost of the PS3, and that Star Ocean 4 was announced as an exclusive at the time.

I started trophy hunting as a continuation from hunting achievements on xbox when I moved to the ps3 in 2010, with my first platinum being Mass Effect 2. There are quite a few series that are incredibly time consuming that I enjoy working on.

Earth Defense Force (EDF!! EDF!!) is one of the time consuming platinums I've been working on with a friend. Another one of them is the Persona franchise, with all the various genres it covers, the platinums can be easy or very difficult. I don't really trophy hunt nowadays and keep my list to myself

When it comes to genres, I absolutely love JRPGs, Hack n Slash, Beat em Ups, Shooters, Souls-likes, and Platformers. I don't like playing multiplayer games much, and mostly prefer single player and co-op titles.

Interview setup 

The setup for all PSNP interviews will be as follows:

1. After the new interviewee have been revealed, the PSNP community will have 10 days to ask their questions. While the community is coming up with questions, the interviewee has the time to work on the 17 standard questions
  2. After those 10 days, those questions, along with the standard questions, will be sent to the interviewee.
  3. The interviewee will have another 7 days to answer as many of the questions as they want.
  4. Once the interviewee has finished answering the questions, I will post the whole interview in a new thread.

How to be an interviewee

As we've had a lot of interest, new applications are temporarily closed, but I'll open the interview signup thread back up after more names have been cleared.

List of questions

Standard Questions

1. How did you come up with your PSN name?
  2. What games convinced you to get your PlayStation 3, Playstation Vita, PlayStation 4, and Playstation 5?
  3. What are your top 5 game series and why?
  4. What are your top 5 games and why?
  5. Which unreleased game(s) are you looking forward to the most and why?
  6. Do you have any other hobbies outside of gaming?
  7. Top 5 TV shows, Movies, and/or anime, why, and would you recommend them to people?
  8. Top 5 favorite music bands/group/artists/composers/OST?
  9. Your favorite platinum and why?
  10. Your least favorite platinum and why?
  11. Have you ever been tempted to switch over to the Xbox/Nintendo/PC gaming ecosystems?
  12. If you could have one game from any gaming generation be remade or re-released, which one would it be and why?
  13. How far are you willing to go for a platinum?
  14. If you could give Sony direct feedback on business decisions in the last year, and the latest console generation, what would you tell them?
  15. What is your favorite thing about PSNP?
  16. What is your least favorite thing about PSNP?
  17. Is there anyone in the PSNP Community you would like to give a shout-out to and if so, why?

PSNP Community Questions (updated periodically)

1. Is your name actually Chris, or Christian, or Christopher? Cause mine is Christian! :P

2. Why is your profile hidden? You may end up receiving way more questions if people see which games you have played

3. Did you play more Crash Bandicoot games? Which ones are your favourite?

4. What game series would you like to be revived?

5. If you had to complete either Star Ocean 4 or Final Fantasy XII which would you rather complete?

6. Favorite moment from any video game?

7. What non-starter Pokemon do you always go for?

8. Favorite co-op game?

9. Most painful game boosted (can be on Playstation or Xbox)?

10. What's one of the toughest life challenges you've overcome?

11. What's your favorite weapon of choice in games? (sword, axe, staff, hammer, bow, etc)

12. Do you normally pick male or female when creating a character?

13. How would you rate PSNP out of 10? What would you change?

14. What is your favorite meal?

15. Do you care about leaderboard ranks? (even before the EZPZ jump stuff)

16. What game are you wanting day 1 coming out in 2023?

17. If you could only play 1 game for the rest of your life, what would you choose and why? (1 game. not a series)

18. Do you watch any sports?

19. What are your favorite 3 bands/artists?

20. What's interesting in Tennessee to see? 

21. What are your favourite pizza toppings?

22. If you had to pick 3 games to represent 90s video games, what games would you choose?

23. What games that are 30 years or older do you feel like has stood the test of time and why?

24. Have you ever played a game or series where you asked yourself why you didn't play or buy sooner?

25. Mario or Sonic the Hedgehog?

26. What is your take on the current state of the Souls-like genre, and how do you feel about the influx of these types of games in the market?
  27. Who are your favourite male/female protagonists in gaming? Are there any you disliked?
  28. Any JRPGs you weren't a fan of?
  29. How do you feel about the evolution of the Super Mario series over the years, and which installment do you think is the best?
  30. If you could travel anywhere in the world right now, where would you go, and what would you do there?
  31. What was the turning point or reason you stopped being a trophy hunter?
  32. In modernity, what do you think is one of the best set-ups to enjoy retro games and consoles? Please be specific and nerdy as possible, since we've briefly spoken about it before?
  33. Tell us about specific media, or literature that you moved you and put you in the direction that you're in with your life.
  34. What is your favorite strategy guide?
Edited by Charizarzar
  • Like 1

1) Is your name actually Chris, or Christian, or Christopher? Cause mine is Christian! :P

2) Why is your profile hidden? You may end up receiving way more questions if people see which games you have played

3) Did you play more Crash Bandicoot games? Which ones are your favourite?

Edited by KenjiCBZ
  • Like 2

What game series would you like to be revived?

If you had to complete either Star Ocean 4 or Final Fantasy XII which would you rather complete?

Favorite moment from any video game?

What non starter Pokemon do you always go for?

Favorite co-op game?

Most painful game boosted (can be on Playstation or Xbox)?

Edited by Rick_Sanchez
  • Like 1

- What's one of the toughest life challenges you've overcome?

- What's your favorite weapon of choice in games? (sword, axe, staff, hammer, bow, etc)

- Do you normally pick male or female when creating a character?

- how would you rate psnp out of 10? what would you change?

- what is your favorite meal?

- do you care about leaderboard ranks? (even before the EZPZ jump stuff)

- what game are you wanting day 1 coming out in 2023?

- If you could only play 1 game for the rest of your life, what would you choose and why? (1 game. not a series)

- do you watch any sports?

- whats your favorite 3 bands/artists?

• Like 2

These are going to be such millennial questions. :P

If you had to pick 3 games to represent 90s video games, what games would you choose?

What games that are 30 years or older do you feel like has stood the test of time and why?

Have you ever played a game or series where you asked yourself why you didn't play or buy sooner?

Mario or Sonic the Hedgehog?

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 2

Closing later tonight, here are a few more questions :):

1. What is your take on the current state of the Souls-like genre, and how do you feel about the influx of these types of games in the market?
  2. Who are your favourite male/female protagonists in gaming? Are there any you disliked?
  3. Any JRPGs you weren't a fan of?
  4. How do you feel about the evolution of the Super Mario series over the years, and which installment do you think is the best?
  5. If you could travel anywhere in the world right now, where would you go, and what would you do there?
  6. What was the turning point or reason you stopped being a trophy hunter?
  • Like 2

• In modernity, what do you think is one of the best set-ups to enjoy retro games and consoles? Please be specific and nerdy as possible, since we've briefly spoken about it before?
  • Tell us about specific media, or literature that you moved you and put you in the direction that you're in with your life.
  • What is your favorite strategy guide?
  • Like 1