EA Sports and EA Games (now EA Entertainment) separating

MidnightDragon

In an internal shakeup, EA Sports and EA Games are being separated into two divisions. Furthermore, EA Games is being renamed EA Entertainment, so it may be focusing on more than just games.

https://www.ign.com/articles/ea-sports-and-ea-games-splitting-apart-in-internal-shakeup

Still bet it'll be the same old shitty EA as always. :P 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

In an internal shakeup, EA Sports and EA Games are being separated into two divisions. Furthermore, EA Games is being renamed EA Entertainment, so it may be focusing on more than just games.

https://www.ign.com/articles/ea-sports-and-ea-games-splitting-apart-in-internal-shakeup

It's like the old saying goes "same shit, different smell". They may have changed their name but are still same old scummy EA underneath.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
  • Like 3

I know they've been looking for an Activision style buyout since that was announced.  Maybe they're divesting to prepare for a partial buy?

Edit

Could also be why they've been shutting down servers left and right lately?

Edited by AJ_-_808

2 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

I know they've been looking for an Activision style buyout since that was announced.  Maybe they're divesting to prepare for a partial buy?

Edit

Could also be why they've been shutting down servers left and right lately?

They're restructuring the company. Could be for the purposes of a buyout yes as the sports licenses make all those games unable to be made exclusive. If so then it could only mean Microsoft as some other big purchaser would have no reason to care about if it can be made exclusive or not.

We'll have to wait and see. Could just be an attempt at increasing efficiency and such. Sega and other companies have done this sort of thing before and weren't then bought out.

On 6/20/2023 at 6:01 PM, MidnightDragon said:

1990s-2000s were the golden age of EA in my opinion. Need for Speed Underground anyone?

• Like 1

On 21/06/2023 at 9:54 PM, DeadDexterous said:

Agreed ^

I won't be buying any EA games in future. Also convinced both my sons to never play an EA product again. Having watched & played (FIFA23) hundreds of FUT rival & FUT champions matches on their accounts & All 3 of us seeing how fixed the online matches are it is easy to show them why they shouldn't invest any time or money into EA.

There are so many examples online of scripting in competitive matches. The monetization in Ultimate Team is probably the worst thing to happen to sports videogames. Good job on the boycott and congrats on opening your sons' eyes. :)

• Like 2