IGN: Metal Gear Solid 4 Finally Freed From PS3 as Part of Leaked Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection Vol. 2

Abby_TheLastofUs

31 minutes ago, JPtheNeurotic said:

Wait you couldn’t pause cutscenes in mgs4 ??? Holy hell it’s been so long since I last played it 

You could, not sure why people are uncertain the remaster wont allow you to.

Edited by hugesawfan
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, NxtDoc said:

"Freed" haha.  I had no issues with MGS 4 still being stuck (I guess) on the awesome PS3.  

My issue more lies within the lack of BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY with the PlayStation 3.  

Because for most, it's the only reason why they keep their PS3 around. If this is true, you'll be able to play it natively on PC, without messing with RPCS3 or anything of the sort. These consoles won't last forever.

5 hours ago, JPtheNeurotic said:

No probable ops ? That sucks . I mean we ar e getting snakes revenge of all things . Was hoping we also see stuff like acid and ghost of babel 

Hopefully it will/might be included as bonus content just like Metal Gear NES port and Snake's Revenge are in Volume 1. 

5 hours ago, Startyde said:

I hope MGS4 has the same trophy list as PS3, it was brutal and so satisfying. 

I agree with the names snd requirements but I would like the trophy art to be changed to match MGS2, MGS3, Peace Walker and The Phantom Pain/Ground Zeroes style.

Edited by Deceptrox

41 minutes ago, hugesawfan said:

You could, not sure why people are uncertain the remaster wont allow you to.

THANK YOU

was reading trough and was like "When the heck did they last played it too forgot cutcenes can be paused in mgs4? I almost got an headache?

These collections not coming to PS4 is a real bummer. I know, I know, "Last gen is dead, move on" and etc. But c'mon, they are coming to Switch and are simple remasters, they should run fine on PS4. 

Anyway, if Konami manages to port MGS4 properly to all platforms, hats off to them. Seriously. However I have a gut feeling MGS4 will be played via cloud because I have no faith in Konami whatsoever.