IGN: Metal Gear Solid 4 Finally Freed From PS3 as Part of Leaked Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection Vol. 2

Abby_TheLastofUs

23 minutes ago, JPtheNeurotic said:

No probable ops ? That sucks . I mean we ar e getting snakes revenge of all things . Was hoping we also see stuff like acid and ghost of babel 

Portable ops could be an added bonus in Vol 2 as Snakes revenge was in Vol 1 !

• Like 3

Absolutely excellent, and I did a post about it yesterday, great news! The fate of Mgs4 deserves to go above and beyond! ?

It's almost a certainty that the code will be completely rewritten

3 minutes ago, Startyde said:

I hope MGS4 has the same trophy list as PS3, it was brutal and so satisfying. 

doubt that will happen, we'll probably see a list of easy trophies in today's standard, but oh well...

22 minutes ago, PIOTREK27-1982 said:

Why do you want to pause MGS4 cutscenes? The game has good story in comparison to TLoU2. 

Both universes are vastly rich and propose very different things, there is no "best", they are not comparable

2 hours ago, zachpicc said:

Portable ops could be an added bonus in Vol 2 as Snakes revenge was in Vol 1 !

so the nes metal gear games are in the vol 1 ? I thought it was only the two msx games. I used to own both the nes games anyway but I’ve never played the msx games so was looking forward to trying those.

2 hours ago, Startyde said:

I hope MGS4 has the same trophy list as PS3, it was brutal and so satisfying. 

It honestly wasn't all that bad.  It sounds much more daunting than it actually is.  I beat the 5 hour Extreme run in just under 3 hours, and I had far from a perfect run.

• Like 1

Of course it's an essential purchase, cause it's Metal Gear, but I've sunk too many hours into MGS5 due to the online mother bases (and didn't want to spend money on microtransactions) and don't particularly want to go through all that again.

Thinking back to all that time building up good karma to lose a load of it on some of the late game missions was also very annoying.

Hoping (though unlikely) there's a volume 3 for the off shoot games - Twin Snakes, Portal Ops, Acid 1&2, game boy colour.