Red Dead Redemption rated in Korea in 2023

Gematsu thinks it could be a sign of a remaster.

They point out that ratings already exist for the various PS3/Xbox 360 versions, and that the new rating is also for a console release. 

Last year Kotaku reported that their sources told them that remasters for RDR and GTA 4 had been in development but were shelved after the GTA trilogy remaster came out to massive backlash across the board. It could be that they reevaluated since then, since despite the poor reception, the trilogy exceeded sales expectations and sold over 10 million copies in a matter of months.

So they would have paused development on the remaster until they they could allocate the appropriate resources to the project so that it wouldn't turn out like the trilogy remasters.

A rating like this means something is happening, and I can't think of what it could be besides a remaster. 

Edited by Abby_TheLastofUs
  • Like 3

Not surprised really. Had a feeling they would end up releasing remasters of RDR1 and GTA IV eventually regardless of GTA Trilogy Definitive Editions reception because they know those games would print money for them lol. Hoping it's real but I am also hoping there's more effort put into these remasters. 

• Like 3

The absolute state of rockstar

Remaking Max Payne (lending the IP to the original developers)

Remaking Red Dead (probably with another 3rd party studio)

While they focus those 10 studios? on GTA 6, I mean GTA Online 2 with more Grinding, more Battle Passes and more Monthly subscription

I don't know what to expect from them anymore.

The remake to be shit just like the "definitive edition", so definitive that didn't included both Stories games

• Like 3

https://www.grac.or.kr/default.aspx

You can find it here.

My hopes were up, but I was talking to a friend and apparently they've done this before with Rockstar games. Whether the plans actually were there for a remaster and they got pulled or a late rating, I'm not sure. Rockstar always seem to be in two minds..

If you search any midnight club game or gta vice city stories and liberty city stories, they were all rated in 2013.

The US did the same thing 3 or 4 years later.

If they released a double pack comprising of an RDR remake and a native PS5 version of RDR2, along with updated trophy lists (minus the trophies related to the multiplayer that Rockstar stopped giving a shit about) i'd be more than happy to give them my money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZEE11W said:

Oh please GOD if we get a RDR and GTA 4 remake/remaster whatever NO ONLINE TROPHIES. I don’t want to go through that hell once again. 

I want online trophies, just not Auf Weidersehen Petrovic or Kingpin type ones where boosting is essential! But if these remasters did come out, it's highly highly unlikely the online modes would follow. They don't want players leaving GTAV still..

• Like 1

I don't trust Cockstar, they didn't even release a nextgen patch for RDRII, so I have zero expectations

1 hour ago, NorthPaul93 said:

I just hope it's a remake and not a remaster.

RDR remake was cancelled alongside with GTA IV remake, according to the insiders

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hatsune Miku said:

I would preferred GTA IV receives a remastered for it and stays faithful to the original Paul. Red Dead Redemption deserves a full remake too.

Same here. GTA IV is one of my favorites in the series. Hopefully they'll remaster it as well.

37 minutes ago, ziggypossum said:

I don't trust Cockstar, they didn't even release a nextgen patch for RDRII, so I have zero expectations

RDR remake was cancelled alongside with GTA IV remake, according to the insiders

I read about this a while ago. It's a shame that they cancelled it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...