Server is back and fully functioning.

1 hour ago, MATTKBAN said:

Yooo divided! Yes, this was one of the Ubisoft games that came back online. Splinter Cell Blacklist, Ghost Recon Future Soldier and Assassins Creed Revelations and was it Brotherhood or 3 that also did.

I just finished Driver today but if you start and need a hand with something wink wink ;)

Its true the servers for some games could be unstable since Splintercell now can’t access the PvP or coop and I think Future Soldier maybe as well from a picture I was shown.

Awsome matt! I am still debating whether to do it or to not do it.  How is it with the uplay? Will i still be able to play it? And what is the maximum players needed for it? And how long does MP take?

Or do i have to get a sealed copy of of ebay with a reedemable code to be able to get on?👍

I finnished AC3 and BLAKLIST when they got back on m8

12 minutes ago, DividedByMankind said:

Awsome matt! I am still debating whether to do it or to not do it.  How is it with the uplay?

Don't really need UPlay for anything as far as I know

Will i still be able to play it?

The servers can essentially shutdown at any time, but connection was stable last month

And what is the maximum players needed for it?

Majority can be done as 2 players. 3 or 4 trophies require 4 players to start specific matches.  Players will get afk booted if not active 

And how long does MP take?

There will most likely be a little bit of an xp grind after finishing all the required matches.  I think I ended at rank 30 of 38 when all other trophies were done

Or do i have to get a sealed copy of of ebay with a reedemable code to be able to get on?👍

Used copy will work fine

Edited by AJ_-_808
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MATTKBAN said:

Yooo divided! Yes, this was one of the Ubisoft games that came back online. Splinter Cell Blacklist, Ghost Recon Future Soldier and Assassins Creed Revelations and was it Brotherhood or 3 that also did.

I just finished Driver today but if you start and need a hand with something wink wink ;)

Its true the servers for some games could be unstable since Splintercell now can’t access the PvP or coop and I think Future Soldier maybe as well from a picture I was shown.

Cool, i finished the mp as well

On 10/21/2023 at 6:07 PM, DividedByMankind said:

Awsome matt! I am still debating whether to do it or to not do it.  How is it with the uplay? Will i still be able to play it? And what is the maximum players needed for it? And how long does MP take?

I finnished AC3 and BLAKLIST when they got back on m8

Silly uPlay is different with all games - since this was an older Ubisoft game, the only uPlay you can see in the games menus does the old school thing of taking you off the game to purchase dlc content with points you’ve scored in Ubisoft games. Since this service was terminated years ago it won’t work, so don’t agree to leave the game 😎

the multiplayer works for anyone - you would click in the menus to activate the “free trial” and you’ll have free multiplayer forever. The game launched with broken Uplay passes for the online so that’s why it’s free for all with a 999 hours limit that never changes.

Only 3 trophies require 4 players, everything else and grinding Xp can be done with 2. I had a second copy and certain hours of the day I relayed modes for xp when a few randoms or trophy players couldn’t interrupt. I also took around 20hours for the mp that guides will say. I hit max rank at this point but still had to do the 4 player trophies just because players schedules didn’t line up with mine.

If you were to self boost some of it, the idle kick for a second controller needs input presses and not just the R2 gas pedal being held down or the camera stick rubber band.  It took some finger yoga from my pinky fingers hanging off my controller to still nudge the R2 or right stick on my spare controller 😜

On 10/21/2023 at 10:07 PM, MATTKBAN said:

Thanks for confirming the servers are still up for D:SF, we need to jump on that next.

Unless something has changed very recently, I helped a friend complete the last two Coop missions and remaining Coop collectables he needed for Splinter Cell two weeks ago. The servers were very laggy, but they worked and we got it done easily.

1 hour ago, baboon_overlord said:

Thanks for confirming the servers are still up for D:SF, we need to jump on that next.

Unless something has changed very recently, I helped a friend complete the last two Coop missions and remaining Coop collectables he needed for Splinter Cell two weeks ago. The servers were very laggy, but they worked and we got it done easily.

Yeah, the Blacklist servers died last week so are now inoperable apart from ShadowNet and one of the Daily Challenge trophies :(.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, baboon_overlord said:

Wow, that sucks. It's a good job we got it done when we did then. Thank you for letting me know. We'll get Driver done ASAP!

Did you do the Briggs co-op missions? I believe those are the only ones that also require another player. The other co-op can be done solo or splitscreen.

• Like 1

Wonder how long it takes them to realize they have put on servers they said were turned off for good. It also makes you wonder if this contributed to newer games on PS4 that are having issues, and it also makes you wonder if some employee will get disciplined for this, as it is costing the company money. But who knows, get these games done quickly if they're on your radar, as the plug could be pulled again once they see they're online.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MATTKBAN said:

Did you do the Briggs co-op missions? I believe those are the only ones that also require another player. The other co-op can be done solo or splitscreen.

Hey, how are you doing? 👍

The Briggs missions are the coop ones that can be (could be?) done online or couch coop with a friend. I'm sure people have done them all solo in splitscreen but there's at least one that I wouldn't recommend doing it that way as it would be quite rough.

There's also the collectables, some of which are going to be a pain (the HVT ones as they don't save until you get to the next checkpoint; the others save immediately).

I deliberately left collectables to the end for my Platinum to see if the DLC mission collectables could replace the Briggs ones for the trophies but sadly they don't count.

7 hours ago, TheRetroManiac said:

Wonder how long it takes them to realize they have put on servers they said were turned off for good. It also makes you wonder if this contributed to newer games on PS4 that are having issues, and it also makes you wonder if some employee will get disciplined for this, as it is costing the company money. But who knows, get these games done quickly if they're on your radar, as the plug could be pulled again once they see they're online.

It makes no sense why Ubisoft would just reopen these servers after the closure last year - one of my friends spent a month arguing with them on their forum to give us another month to get everything done last year, which thankfully worked in the end.

You would think they would have released a press release with the current server situation and said "hey look how awesome we are reopening the servers" but not a word. My working theory is someone paid the server guy a bribe to switch everything back on and the company is so compartmentalized, no-one in management has worked it out yet. I'm only half-joking. 😂

The Assassin's Creed single player online isn't working at the moment. Far Cry 2 (and maybe Far Cry 4?) aren't working. The whole thing is a mess quite frankly. But hey, no-one in 2023 thinks multi-billion dollar companies are competent at anything, so this is hardly surprising. 

13 minutes ago, baboon_overlord said:

You would think they would have released a press release with the current server situation and said "hey look how awesome we are reopening the servers" but not a word. My working theory is someone paid the server guy a bribe to switch everything back on and the company is so compartmentalized, no-one in management has worked it out yet. I'm only half-joking. 😂

The Assassin's Creed single player online isn't working at the moment. Far Cry 2 (and maybe Far Cry 4?) aren't working. The whole thing is a mess, quite frankly. But hey, no-one in 2023 thinks multi-billion dollar companies are competent at anything, so this is hardly surprising. 

Yeah, exactly could have got themselves some browny points with customers even if it was a genuine accident. Server guy being bribed we have some theories in the Discord about how these things happened too. I will quote it below, had be laughing for a bit.

I bet 2 employees were having intercourse on a computer desk, and while rolling over on the table accidentally shut off the game modes in the game.

@CristianX-97

That's about Far Cry 4 lol. But yeah, FC2 and FC4 and then AC Black Flag that Sharing Is Caring is being a pain for people now.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TheRetroManiac said:

That's about Far Cry 4 lol. But yeah, FC2 and FC4 and then AC Black Flag that Sharing Is Caring is being a pain for people now.

I can't log into the Driver: SF servers at all today. They were working flawlessly last night. I seriously hope this is just a temporary issue but knowing my luck...

• Like 1

On 10/24/2023 at 8:12 PM, baboon_overlord said:

Hey, how are you doing? 👍

The Briggs missions are the coop ones that can be (could be?) done online or couch coop with a friend. I'm sure people have done them all solo in splitscreen but there's at least one that I wouldn't recommend doing it that way as it would be quite rough.

There's also the collectables, some of which are going to be a pain (the HVT ones as they don't save until you get to the next checkpoint; the others save immediately).

I deliberately left collectables to the end for my Platinum to see if the DLC mission collectables could replace the Briggs ones for the trophies but sadly they don't count.

It makes no sense why Ubisoft would just reopen these servers after the closure last year - one of my friends spent a month arguing with them on their forum to give us another month to get everything done last year, which thankfully worked in the end.

The Assassin's Creed single player online isn't working at the moment. Far Cry 2 (and maybe Far Cry 4?) aren't working. The whole thing is a mess quite frankly. But hey, no-one in 2023 thinks multi-billion dollar companies are competent at anything, so this is hardly surprising. 

Uh oh - are these HVT collectibles needed for other trophies? I know most of the missions I got them while playing with a friend. We were eventually leveled up enough and had gear to run and kill everyone but them. Kind of play fast and quick melee capture them. If not I still have the splitscreen option if it works that way too for Briggs missions

EDIT: Looking at the trophy guide here I should be good to go. I have all the online tagged trophies. Maybe the HVT and dead drops in the Coop count towards the tracker for those two trophies. The guide says “side missions” and since I haven’t done the story yet, those may be separate.

Edited by MATTKBAN

5 hours ago, MATTKBAN said:

Maybe the HVT and dead drops in the Coop count towards the tracker for those two trophies. The guide says “side missions” and since I haven’t done the story yet, those may be separate.

The side missions are the 4th Echelon ones for Grim, Kobin and Briggs (Briggs being the coop missions).  You need all the collectables from these missions plus all the main game ones for the collectable trophies.

The Grim ones are great - total stealth and one screw up and you have to start again! Kind of frustrating at times but amazing once you get them done.

The IGN guide for this game is actually pretty good if you want to use one:

https://www.ign.com/wikis/splinter-cell-blacklist/Walkthrough

We tried to create private match with friends (all european) and always got "connection error, the session is no longer available". I can see some american players got the trophies today and also while we were connecting and seaching for the players in a lobby, the servers can not be down. I think that's another one joke from Ubisoft. That's really the worst game developer for MP games.

• 2 weeks later...

Was able to connect to a buddy for 2 sessions, then after that nothing. He's been able to find randoms and I've been stuck in searching for the past week... bought a second copy and I PRAY it works or else we're screwed. I am convinced to never try an Ubisoft MP game again

Edited by Mazter421
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2023 at 2:44 AM, Mazter421 said:

Was able to connect to a buddy for 2 sessions, then after that nothing. He's been able to find randoms and I've been stuck in searching for the past week... bought a second copy and I PRAY it works or else we're screwed. I am convinced to never try an Ubisoft MP game again

I had the problem I described a few weeks ago about not being able to enter the MP menu at all.

The next problem I had was that the matchmaking was broken - it always put me and my alt in separate lobbies and I could never find a random.

I've been trying periodically for weeks to see if it works again - nope.

That was until today. My friend who asked me if I wanted to play the MP with him was finally available for a game and we managed to find each other immediately using Quick Match. I was then able to find my alt and a random so did some classic Racing. 

Invitations are still broken and dedicated game mode matchmaking is iffy, but at least you can play the game again now. No issues with trophies - my friend and I both got the Tag, You're It! trophy, so all our progress is still up.  

22 hours ago, baboon_overlord said:

I had the problem I described a few weeks ago about not being able to enter the MP menu at all.

The next problem I had was that the matchmaking was broken - it always put me and my alt in separate lobbies and I could never find a random.

I've been trying periodically for weeks to see if it works again - nope.

That was until today. My friend who asked me if I wanted to play the MP with him was finally available for a game and we managed to find each other immediately using Quick Match. I was then able to find my alt and a random so did some classic Racing. 

Invitations are still broken and dedicated game mode matchmaking is iffy, but at least you can play the game again now. No issues with trophies - my friend and I both got the Tag, You're It! trophy, so all our progress is still up.  

Invitations never worked for me - some people said it works but I have never had it work for me or my friend. We had to ask someone to be a connector at certain points as we could not connect to each other without someone's help. Eventually it worked with just 2 of us again and we grinded it out as quickly as possible. Some of my progress did not save in one of the sessions and that required me to re-do all check points from 0 again. That was not fun and ideal but we got it done. 

This was probably the worst boost I've ever done because of the unpredictability of the servers and such. Again, I am definitely reconsidering doing future Ubisoft games on PS3

• Like 2