Trophy Hunters League - Season 41 winner: Banana_Sausage47!

Nice, congrats :yay:. You can do it.

Yep. I am trying not to get it over the break though. I'd rather pop the plat in my next fixture.

Personally I'd have taken that bit to mean in the league as a whole, especially as he mentions other match-ups, the results of which have no effect on this match-up, so it wouldn't matter if he had won or lost them if he meant this match, but it's a bit ambiguous so I can understand others taking it in a different way. However I think if you're gonna bother saying anything like that you should make it explicit and obvious to avoid confusion like this.

I do see the ambiguity in it, but the key is after I explained myself in my reply as to why I sync right away, he replied with "I like you Drake man." So again, I took that as he was pleased that I agreed to sync whenever I could.

I might have taken the first bit out of context, but even if he didn't request, he acted like he did. And regardless of it all, he still remains the only one in 7 seasons to ever message me about a pending matchup. I just took the whole thing as weird.

I very well may have read too much into it. Which is why I don't want it to yet be an indictment on Somalia. It is just the way it went down, it was weird.

Edited by ShogunCroCop

In the grand scheme, it doesn't really matter. It's over and done, but just going forward, I'd like not to be tricked. There is no reason for it. Just earn more trophies and be done with it.

And he is the only one in all 7 seasons I have been in the league, that has ever messaged me about our matchup. Another reason why I took it the way I did. All of my other opponents have never done that. They just went and earned trophies. Most earned more than me, some didn't. And I have never had issue with it. It almost makes me think he messaged me to play mind games with me, and that's not cool.

Personally I'd have taken that bit to mean in the league as a whole, especially as he mentions other match-ups, the results of which have no effect on this match-up, so it wouldn't matter if he had won or lost them if he meant this match, but it's a bit ambiguous so I can understand others taking it in a different way. However I think if you're gonna bother saying anything like that you should make it explicit and obvious to avoid confusion like this.

Which begs the question why he messaged at all. 

I can only see it as him messaging Shogun to lower his score, I can't see any other reason to PM you about that. 

• Like 1

I feel your pain man....totally.

What a fucking joke.

I see you're still mad about that one fixture. And to be honest i was just waiting for your reaction.

But yhea that was the only exception. I was on wintersports in another country where i had no wifi. So i had to use my phone as a internet router which costs money. so i actually had to PAY just to sync my trophies and update it.

Which begs the question why he messaged at all. 

I can only see it as him messaging Shogun to lower his score, I can't see any other reason to PM you about that. 

Exactly. Which is why I took it the way I did.

Has he ever messages any of his other opponents regarding their matchups? If he has, then maybe this is overblown. If not, I do feel he was doing it as an attempt to get me tolower my score.

Yep. I am trying not to get it over the break though. I'd rather pop the plat in my next fixture.

I do see the ambiguity in it, but the key is after I explained myself in my reply as to why I sync right away, he replied with "I like you Drake man." So again, I took that as he was pleased that I agreed to sync whenever I could.

I might have taken the first bit out of context, but even if he didn't request, he acted like he did. And regardless of it all, he still remains the only one in 7 seasons to ever message me about a pending matchup. I just took the whole thing as weird.

I very well may have read too much into it. Which is why I don't want it to yet be an indictment on Somalia. It is just the way it went down, it was weird.

Other than his reply making me laugh, I think it's easiest to wait for him to reply on the thread as the rest will just be conjecture. :P

Other than his reply making me laugh, I think it's easiest to wait for him to reply on the thread as the rest will just be conjecture. :P

I would have lost anyway. It isn't that that upset me. It was the message. And sure, it is conjecture. Which is why I don't want it to be an indictment on him yet.

To bad that ill be leaving tomorrow morning to austria for some snowboarding so i barely have any game time or any internet to sync the trophies ,-,

I just hope i'll have to face allenbird at the end of the season.

I just got a 12 hour car ride done so pretty tired atm. I did manage to play some moto gp although I will be snowboarding most of the next days, hope I'll be able to get some points and I hope I can update because I have no Internet here

Well looks like things for me are over this season, the match that should decide the plat champion is a fixture where I have no time and probably won't even be able to sync :(

I see you're still mad about that one fixture. And to be honest i was just waiting for your reaction.

But yhea that was the only exception. I was on wintersports in another country where i had no wifi. So i had to use my phone as a internet router which costs money. so i actually had to PAY just to sync my trophies and update it.

yeah, whatever you were doing, you still had enough time to post your 2nd highest point total of that entire season, so obviously your prediction of not having any time to play was false, and being able to sync only matters at the end, so for you make all the misleading statements of not being able to play or sync only lead me to believe you weren't going to fair well when in fact, I had the games and easily the trophies to beat you that fixture as you only beat me by 14 points, and then went on to tank the CWC.

Don't worry...I am done with the topic after this...just know...I will never lose to you again. I will promise you that.

Edited by allenbird
  • Like 1

Going forward, to make everything crystal f****** clear, any points you see me get is what I get. I never use the 12-hour sync window, because it is during times I am usually not playing and sleeping. So when I say I am done earning points, whatever my total is, it is.

Now, granted anyone is free to use whatever method they like. They can choose to wait until the sync window. I get that. That is not what I am disparaging. What I am disparaging is being asked not to wait to sync because "it is impossible for me to get the win," in the words of my opponent. So I reassure that I sync right away as a courtesy, and then it happens to me. Like I said, they are free to do that if they want. I get it. But if you ask me not to do it beforehand, and I comply, I do expect some type of gentleman's agreement on your part too.

So no, I am not mad I lost to Somalia in the eleventh hour. But had I known he was going to sync after I thought he was done (mind you, as of the fixture end, he had no trophies for June 10, when he had been earning them all along, and just not syncing...which is fine, until I saw them this morning), I would have not stopped at 45 points, but kept going. From now on, I will no longer fall for any tricks, as I feel tricks shouldn't be needed to achieve a win in this league. Just obtaining trophies should be enough.

With that said, for my remaining 3 opponents: xzonehunter, MrManBuz, and Shana, I don't wait to synch. With me, what you see is what you get. I don't care if you do wait to sync. Just don't ask me to not wait and then expect me to comply. And if I do stop earning trophies anytime before the fixture ends, know that it's because I have life going on.

Usually I am not bothered by any method a person uses. I just feel the tactics were a bit underhanded this time around. I could be wrong. And I hope I am wrong. But I have never woken up, checked scores, and been this angry about how it all went down.

It really made me contemplate retiring. But the good thing is, I'll be in Silver League anyway next season, so I'll get different opponents, and it'll be less pressure.

I am not asking for my opponents to sync right away. All I ask is that if you request/ask that I sync right away, I expect the same from you. Because why would I let someone have an advantage that I couldn't get for myself?

End rant.

Uhhh Shogun, I meant it's impossible for me to win the league. Since Booda was playing up everyone's fixture against me, I planned to message them telling them I am not the high value target, him and zach are.

Maybe you misunderstood me, but I didn't say it was impossible for me to beat you. I said it's impossible for me to win the league (ie, don't fall for Booda's tricks to get everybody to destroy me).

Also, the second bolded comment, like I said above I never once told you to synch or not synch. The only thing I said was, don't fall for the rat's (Booda) tricks to get everyone to hit 200 points on me. I read through the messages again and never once did I mention you to synch or not synch. I didn't even use the word synch. Maybe you got my messages confused with somebody else? If you read after what you quoted me saying, it was clear I was talking about the league and not our fixture. But my period instead of a comma probably confused you, so I have to take some blame. #poorgrammer

The only thing to take out of this is, Boooda is a puppeteer who cannot be trusted. He is a vile, rotting sickness from depths below and it sickens me he is being promoted and you are not. I'll knock him back down to gold for you as a condolence of our misunderstanding. <3 Drake #IamtheElanatoyourNathan

happy2--article_image.jpg

EDIT: Didn't read the next page of comments to I'd like to clarify. 1. Uses messages to psych people out is a respectable method. Dog eat dog. 2. Lying is not. 3. I did neither of those things, I just told you, if you are planning on hitting 400 points on me, then remember I am no longer able to win the league. Since that was Booda's entire... y'know.. plan.

And number 4, to Boooda. You wretched human being, I AM COMING AFTER YOU!

UPdNd.gif

Edited by KiloFive

yeah, whatever you were doing, you still had enough time to post your 2nd highest point total of that entire season, so obviously your prediction of not having any time to play was false, and being able to sync only matters at the end, so for you make all the misleading statements of not being able to play or sync only lead me to believe you weren't going to fair well when I fact I had the games and easily the trophies to beat you that fixture as you only beat me by 14 points, and then went on to tank the CWC.

Don't worry...I am done with the topic after this...just know...I will never lose to you again. I will promise you that.

Alright thats nice to hear but let me tell you that i wont let you win either. So it will be a fixture we can both go all out on which i like.

But before you can do this you need to actually manage to get into the platinum league. or did you mean with that that you wont come back into plat league so you wont face me anymore which is also a way of not losing to me anymore.

Uhhh Shogun, I meant it's impossible for me to win the league. Since Booda was playing up everyone's fixture against me, I planned to message them telling them I am not the high value target, him and zach are.

Maybe you misunderstood me, but I didn't say it was impossible for me to beat you. I said it's impossible for me to win the league (ie, don't fall for Booda's tricks to get everybody to destroy me).

Also, the second bolded comment, like I said above I never once told you to synch or not synch. The only thing I said was, don't fall for the rat's (Booda) tricks to get everyone to hit 200 points on me. I read through the messages again and never once did I mention you to synch or not synch. I didn't even use the word synch. Maybe you got my messages confused with somebody else? If you read after what you quoted me saying, it was clear I was talking about the league and not our fixture. But my period instead of a comma probably confused you, so I have to take some blame. #poorgrammer

The only thing to take out of this is, Boooda is a puppeteer who cannot be trusted. He is a vile, rotting sickness from depths below and it sickens me he is being promoted and you are not. I'll knock him back down to gold for you as a condolence of our misunderstanding. <3 Drake #IamtheElanatoyourNathan

Yeah I will take blame for overblowing it too. One other sign I saw though was you were generally pretty good at syncing up right away. Until the last day, when you waited 8+ hours to sync. Which IS your prerogative. But given the conjectures I made and given that you had up until then synched right away, I felt duped. And I understand people get busy. But if you earn a trophy at 10 AM and will be busy at 11 until the day ends, why not sync at 10:30 like had been happening earlier in the fixture?

These were all thoughts running through my mind as I saw what went down.

Congrats on your win, and it was earned legitimately. I still like you, but you are not the Elena to my Nathan. More like Chloe to my Ethan.

Chloe had the better ass.

• Like 3

Also, the second bolded comment, like I said above I never once told you to synch or not synch. The only thing I said was, don't fall for the rat's (Booda) tricks to get everyone to hit 200 points on me. 

UPdNd.gif

tumblr_mwc7ifOfHp1qlu8two1_500.gif

• Like 1

Alright thats nice to hear but let me tell you that i wont let you win either. So it will be a fixture we can both go all out on which i like.

But before you can do this you need to actually manage to get into the platinum league. or did you mean with that that you wont come back into plat league so you wont face me anymore which is also a way of not losing to me anymore.

It doesn't matter when it happens or if it ever happens. I am just telling you just so you know you can bring it if you like....but I will use every resource at my hands, I will get every game the rules allow, I will use my savings and money to destroy you if we meet again. Maybe you you will just give a not care attitude and give a 1 point performance like you did in the CWC for Season 6, it doesn't matter to me. Because I was a nice guy and didn't play anymore after it "appeared" I had over 20 points over you, when I could have easily added another 50 points to my total easily, You won platinum league and didn't even show up in CWC, otherwise I would have won Platinum league and at least given an effort in CWC.

I may or may not make it back to platinum, it doesn't matter to me. I don't look at beating you as a goal or an objective, I just know if I do...I will smile.

Edited by allenbird

Everyones on about the Shogun x Somalia debacle, but this Allenbird x Clawz banter has me salivating. 

There's no Shogun vs Somalia. It's all in your head in your attempt to overthrow me from the platinum division.

YOU LIKE A STRUDEL ON YOUR BELLY MATE!?! HHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

Hemiak, Shogun and Sinnriel so my remaining rounds are clash of the low scorers?

I think you mean clash of the people who actually play good games and have jobs.

Edit:

About the synching. I have my ps+ auto synch set at 4 am, but that is 15 hrs before the fixture end and what with life I (almost) never score any points in that interval. This has burned me against EU players a couple of times in seasons past. So Ive occasionally turned off the auto-update on the last day. Again, it's just the final day's trophies, and I try to update right after the fixture ends. I think I've done this twice, and not for a couple seasons, but I don't think there's anything wrong with that. The only thing that I've seen that irritates me is when somebody claims they won't be earning much/any, and then drops a bomb last minute. That's just shady.

Edited by Hemiak

It doesn't matter when it happens or if it ever happens. I am just telling you just so you know you can bring it if you like....but I will use every resource at my hands, I will get every game the rules allow, I will use my savings and money to destroy you if we meet again. Maybe you you will just give a not care attitude and give a 1 point performance like you did in the CWC for Season 6, it doesn't matter to me. Because I was a nice guy and didn't play anymore after it "appeared" I had over 20 points over you, when I could have easily added another 50 points to my total easily, You won platinum league and didn't even show up in CWC, otherwise I would have won Platinum league and at least given an effort in CWC.

I may or may not make it back to platinum, it doesn't matter to me. I don't look at beating you as a goal or an objective, I just know if I do...I will smile.

Please do everything you can to make it back to platinum, cuz boy im looking forward to that day the results will get released and i see a victory on my side.

Exactly. Which is why I took it the way I did.

Has he ever messages any of his other opponents regarding their matchups? If he has, then maybe this is overblown. If not, I do feel he was doing it as an attempt to get me tolower my score.

Nah, he just talked a lot of shit on this thread about me. Then got slaughtered. 

EDIT: Didn't read the next page of comments to I'd like to clarify. 1. Uses messages to psych people out is a respectable method. Dog eat dog. 2. Lying is not. 3. I did neither of those things, I just told you, if you are planning on hitting 400 points on me, then remember I am no longer able to win the league. Since that was Booda's entire... y'know.. plan.

UPdNd.gif

Don't fall for his niceness in this post!

Edited by x9zachattack5x
  • Like 1

Nah, he just talked a lot of shit on this thread about me. Then got slaughtered. 

Don't fall for his niceness in this post!

The only reason you beat me was because you came out of nowhere! Now that I know, you're off retiring!

Don't blow my cover!